oman dental viva exam

hello every body
i recently passed prometric dental board exam of oman and now have to take viva exam
can any one tell me how is this exam and how should i prepare for it please

Hai Dr siddharth..
My name is Dr Nicky.. I had heard that oxford book of clinical dentistry by David Mitchell is the study material for dental viva exam and practical knowledge too..would u please email me study material refer  to pass the prometric exam as am preparing for the exam..but no idea about the exam model..

Moderated by Priscilla 7 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

hi dear dr Nicky
ty for your helpful reply
actually i just read NDBE 2014 dental decks and sample questions of previous omsb exams
about 1800 test samples
i passed with 71% in 1st attempt
i hope it works for u as well

From were u got the sample questions.. U have the pdf format or anything...I hav only pulse dental buk...I think it doesnt work...

You guys did you join Oman International Dental Conference ??

there is a site , in iran,
you can order it from there, i also can ask for you to see if there is a pdf version of the samples, becuse mine is on paper

no, didnt hear of the confrence, when is it?

oh bro you missed it.. 18th Oman International Dental Conference it's happens every 2 year

hello all,
am too preping up for d viva..any links from others who hv passed it earlier!!
kindly lemme know,
n hope v all r present for d next Oman dental conference!!
my best wishes.

hopefully i could pass the viva exam in first attempt
it was ok
thee were 4 interviewer and each one asked 1 simple question regard dental procedure, infection control, systemic desieses ( renal failor was mine ) and some photos of some oral conditions need to be diagnosed
the most important thing was self confidence and the fact that you are a proffesional dentist, they need to be sure that you can handle the job in oman perfectly.
so show your selves my friends. speak loud and confident. just answer the question not more explanations,
hope u all pass the exam in first attempt :)

congrats bro..
do u remember any specific questions?
any questions regarding infection control u remeber?
which book u reffered for viva?
kindly guide..please.

oxford book of clinical dentistry by David Mitchell

4 questions
1: a photo of a denture candidiasis which i need to diagnose and the prescribe medication for it which is nistatin drop
2: why a renal failor patient cant have dental treatments in the day of dialisis : becuase of heparin

3: photo of a tooth which has pain and i need to tell deffrential diagnosis about it and the procedure need to be done for diagnose ,

4: white spot lesions : what treatments : just preventive and oral heigine instruction

wish u luck :)  just remember confidence is the key

thank you very much bro!
have u found urself a sponsor? if yes, where in Oman?

you have to apply to sponsorship

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
senthil g
exiting oman
By senthil g
Royal Gulf
Driving License- UAE to Oman - Automatic
By Royal Gulf
marital status certification
By Darling034
Family Joining visa for 7 Month Pregnant Wife