Rules for new born

Hi
I am a house wife and from India.

I need to know whether my daughter can come for delivery of a baby to oman. she or her husband are not residents of oman. My husband is working in oman and i am so i also have a resident card. If she can come then how long the new born take to get new passport from Indian embassy?

your daughter can come on family visit visa but if delivery  time is near then airline wont allow her to travel. Else there is no restriction to get family visit visa.

vishnatindumathi wrote:

Hi

I need to know whether my daughter can come for delivery of a baby to oman. she or her husband are not residents of oman. My husband is working in oman and i am so i also have a resident card. If she can come then how long the new born take to get new passport from Indian embassy?

Hi vishnatindumathi,

Response to your query is not simple.

(1) Unless your daughter's husband is legally employed here, and your daughter is a registered dependent, she cannot deliver here in Oman, Husband's passport with the visa stamped page copy, resident card, wife's passport visa page copy and resident card have to be submitted to the hospital, for them to register the person getting admitted for delivery.

(2) Your daughter can come on a visit visa and perhaps during that time may deliver - but the child cannot be registered here in Oman, since the parents of the child are not legal residents of the Sultanate. You might have to get the child's passport from the Indian Embassy here in Muscat, as a special case. If you refer to the relevant section in the forum, you will find all the details explained.

(3) For your daughter to be able to deliver in Oman, she has to be here in the country well before her third trimester (28 weeks - 40 weeks of pregnancy). During this stage she will not be allowed to travel by any airline. And she cannot come earlier than that as the validity of the visit visa will be only for a period of 3-months and is extendable by another 1-month maximum.

(4) Lastly and most importantly, medical services in Oman are undoubtedly below par and substandard. To change the gynecologist during the last stages of pregnancy is usually not advisable. The local doctors here may not be familiar with your daughter's medical case history and in case of emergencies Muscat or, anywhere else in Oman for that matter is most certainly NOT the place to be.

vishnatindumathi wrote:

Hi

vishnatindumathi Aunty!

If you think that getting done the delivery of the baby will grant him/her the Omani citizenship,  you're absolutely having a wrong thought then  :dumbom: just a giggle for a laugh   :)

Thanks to everyone

Sumitran wrote:

Lastly and most importantly, medical services in Oman are undoubtedly below par and substandard. To change the gynecologist during the last stages of pregnancy is usually not advisable. The local doctors here may not be familiar with your daughter's medical case history and in case of emergencies Muscat or, anywhere else in Oman for that matter is most certainly NOT the place to be.

Mr. Sumitran
Your comment "medical services in Oman are undoubtedly below par" took me by surprise. I think the comment was plainly unwarranted!! The opinion among the medical fraternity is the hospitals (both public & private) in Oman generally provide a high quality health care. In fact, the Sultanate has got impressive health care indicators that are comparable to those of developed countries. Oman's primary health care successes are featured in the World Health Report 2014. Being an Oman Expert, you are supposed to write objective comments, Sir.
Pls do not take my words otherwise. Its just an instinctive comment.
Regards
SoH

Hi SenseOfHumour,

Many thanks for voicing your "instinctive comment".

All I want to say is that I know what I am writing about.

I don't go by published 'World Health Reports'.

I go be personal experiences. Thank you.

SenseofHumor!

I rate Oman as one of those countries which have got only beautiful hospitals with worst doctors inside. Personal experiences, many many people have lost their lives because of these doctors.

Last week, a "Tamil" doctor (I doubt whether he actually is) has been arrested from Badar Sama because he wrongly diagnosed an Omani patient and the normal patient died because of a heart attack in result of a doze of a wrong injection / medicine. For details, visit the Badar Sama hospital. Plenty and plenty of people become patients because of these fake doctors who are just here to make money.

The label of "EVERYTHING GOOD" is just on the papers. Ground realities are 360 degrees to it. And yes, its not only my personal  experience, but a general perspective of almost all the expats.

schaz wrote:

SenseofHumor!

I rate Oman as one of those countries which have got only beautiful hospitals with worst doctors inside. Personal experiences, many many people have lost their lives because of these doctors.

Last week, a "Tamil" doctor (I doubt whether he actually is) has been arrested from Badar Sama because he wrongly diagnosed an Omani patient and the normal patient died because of a heart attack in result of a doze of a wrong injection / medicine. For details, visit the Badar Sama hospital. Plenty and plenty of people become patients because of these fake doctors who are just here to make money.

The label of "EVERYTHING GOOD" is just on the papers. Ground realities are 360 degrees to it. And yes, its not only my personal  experience, but a general perspective of almost all the expats.

Dear schaz,

Couldn't agree more with what you have said.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi SenseOfHumour,
Many thanks for voicing your "instinctive comment".
All I want to say is that I know what I am writing about.
I don't go by published 'World Health Reports'.
I go be personal experiences. Thank you.

May be you thought mine isn't an instinctive comment but it actually is! The Gulf-countries are considered high-income; health indicators 'on paper' have improved fast over last several decades... As I plan to move to Sohar in Oman, I've done some basic fact finding vis-vis healthcare in Oman. May be you know the "ground reality", just like Schaz does. May be I'll get 'hands-on' experience after I start working there!! :(
Thanks!

schaz wrote:

SenseofHumor!

Hi schaz
May be I'll get 'hands-on' experience after I start working there!! :(

Dear  SenseofHumour!

Our comments are absolutely not to discourage or offend anyone by any means. We, as an expat citizens, expect to have a risk free medical treatment in any country where we work. Expat work culture of Oman is kinda different. Even most of the working professionals in Oman don't come from cities but villages (Yes, that's true), whether its India / Pakistan or anywhere. Hence, their level of rating medical facilities is based on seeing beautiful lighted hospital buildings and not the doctors inside.

My comments are not just thrown in the air, but i have stated all after a thorough research and study the examination criteria of various doctors. Trust me, in Oman we can only depend upon probably 2 in 100 doctors (That too are not affordable by everyone). Rest of all, I categorize as helpers who are just able to pass a simple medical test and got jobs in Medical centers / medical stores and all.

I wish you best of luck on your "Hands-on experience" as well as we hope that your hands will be a nice medication to all your patients.

P.S, this discussion goes off-topic, that's why I urge to retain the actual topic.

Hello everyone,

Can we please get back to the subject or please avoid being off topic?

Thank you.