Edinburgh or Town near Devon

My name is Nav from Sydney Australia. I pretty much had enough of Sydney for that matter Australia. I am looking forward to move permanently to Scotland by Mid 2018 unfortunately I cannot move any earlier but we will be flying in for a couple of trips before mid 2018.

Last time when i was there in england I missed a trip to edinburgh. This time its a priority

I am nervous and excited at the same time. Watched hundreds of escape to the country television shows and got of feel of how the property market works but it would be nothing like checking out in person.

I'm not sure what is a decent salary to live in places such as Murrayfield, Ravelston, parts of Barnton, parts of Morningside, parts of Sciennes, parts of Fairmilehead, The Hermitage, parts of Grange, parts of Stockbridge, Ramsay Gardens, parts of the New Town.

Any advice and tips on any related topics would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I am tired of Sydney, in fact, tired of Australia.

Salaries I know are relative depending on which part of UK you live.

Edinburgh is a dream but the reality could bite.

How is the job sector for doctors and Client Relationship Managers?

If you're planning to live in any of these suburbs Murrayfield, Ravelston, parts of Barnton, parts of Morningside, parts of Sciennes, parts of Fairmilehead, The Hermitage, parts of Grange, parts of Stockbridge, Ramsay Gardens, parts of the New Town.

What kind of a salary must one have?

Hi,

I'm not sure about your field, I'm in accounting. My friends largely lived in Stockbridge area, generally with a flat mate/partner. I'd say rent would be ~ £600/700 pp a month? Some stayed around Dalry area for cheaper rent.

Morningside is lovely and in general the area around The Meadows, I would have loved to stay there but I thought it was a bit too expensive for me.

I personally was on ~£40k (I know I was paid more for visa reasons) and lived in Newington, with a flat mate, rent was ~£500 a month. Keep in mind you have to pay council tax on top of that, in nicer areas it's a higher band. Mine was quite high, I paid ~£120 a month. We paid ~£130 a month in utilities (for both of us), gas is so expensive, internet relatively cheap compared to Australia. Bus pass was unlimited at £50 a month, my company paid for my mobile. I'd eat out maybe 3 times a week and buy lunch/coffee most days. I managed to save maybe £4k in the last year? Not sure as I went travelling for 2 months and spent it. :)

Most people live within 10-15min walk of the city but coming from Australia I wanted a quiet neighbourhood, bigger space and it was only 30min by bus to city (which everyone thought was too far).

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more questions.

Cheers,
Es