Best cities to live in Scotland

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Scotland. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Scotland.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Glasgow

Why Glasgow?

Glasgow, without any question. Friendly and accepting people, convenient to motorways for jobs in any direction if you are in one of the areas on the north east side, such as Cumbernauld, Kilsyth, Kirkintilloch. Housing cheaper than Edinburgh with easy commute into Glasgow city centre or North to Stirling by car. Inverness is also good, but not big,

Excellent examples. Thank you. Could you share some of your opinions about good places to live in the country side? I have never been a city person and my husband and I are looking to bring a small business to a town outside the city if we are welcome.

Kirkintilloch or away from Glasgow close to the motorways is Stirling. If you are a country person and starting a business then the Scottish Borders may suit you. I live in Hawick, it is remote but Galashiels and Tweedbank have a rail link to Edinburgh.

I'd recommend Glasgow. If you are situated here you can get to almost anywhere in Scotland. Great transport networks and everything you could need you should be able to get there. If you would rather the country side, then Stirling is a great place to go. Its quiet and secluded but also close enough and easily accessible to busy cities such as Glasgow or Edinburgh. A great choice for someone who wants to work in a busy city but go home at night and relax.

Wich one is better for a student, Glasgow or Edinburgh?