Places to live in Dubai

Hi Everyone,
Please can someone help me. I'm in the process if moving to the UAE and want to know what are the best places to live as a single female? I've been looking into Ras al Kahymah because i understand it's an up and coming area with lots of Expats? Anyone have any other ideas of good areas to live: Ajman? Sharjah?

I want to spend about 40,000 AED on accommodation for the year

Access to shops but not necessarily the big malls

Be great if there is metro access if not access to taxis

Local food markets 

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Sharjah could be your place as compare to Dubai as it is bit expensive than Sharjah and up to some extent you cant get the metro within Sharjah but there is an easy access to the bus and even double deckers. Sharjah is bit crowded and you often find everything open even late night. For your budget i prefer Sharjah.

Thankyou Muqtada123 for your reply. What about RAK do you have a i knowledge of what is is like there? Thanks

I have just been there for an interview session, not sure about the accommodation and food things but place is so nice and calm, bit more than Abu Dhabi and i like that thing about the place. Can't say more than that at this moment.

Oh that's great. Thanks for this info. I don't mind the quietness but just don't want to be isolated and I want to live in an expat community.  Much appreciated.

Has anyone else got any information on what it is like to live in RAK?

These all depends upon your work place. RAK is a quiet area which having all amenities, beach, malls, and all other usual stuff. but as i said, depends upon your work place