Need your recommendations for the housing area in Dubai

Hello All,

I am moving to Dubai on the 1st of May and I am looking for a good housing area not too far from my office and where I can enjoy the expat life.
I need your help and your recommendations based on your experience in Dubai.
I am single , young woman, my company is based in Festival city and I would like something not too far, max 30min driving(in the begining I will not be driving but I will do some driving courses asap).
I am looking for 1 bedroom, budget max 90K

I am coming next week to Dubai to have a look and see which area is suitable for me before the move in May. If you know any good agencies that help on this kind of visit please let me know.

I appreciate your help and advice.

Have a nice we,
Lolita

Hi Lolita,,

You can choose, Mirdif, International city.. these are close to Festival city.. if u opt to live in Villa, u can find in Rashidiya.. thats very close and cheap also.

Cheers

Hi Lolita,

The good news is 90K max budget is enough for a really nice apartment in Dubai close to DFC (Dubai Festival City). The ones that Luckee mentioned maybe somewhat close but are not as happening (Happening in this case means restaurants/bars, shopping malls, parks, exhibitions, leisure & sports etc.). International City is known to be quite dodgy and Mirdiff/Rashidiya are very family oriented areas with not much to do. Also they are far off from all the happening places in Dubai. The area which DFC is located is Al Garhoud which is mostly villa residential & not recommended to live unless you are with family. With this in mind, I will recommend a few districts which are close to DFC (not more than 30 mins) and which hopefully will add more value, fun & comfort to your stay in Dubai.

1. Sheikh Zayed Road - around 12 minute drive to DFC, right next to Burj Khalifa & Dubai Mall. Higher rents and usually higher agency fees but you can find within your budget. Probably the best place to stay if you are willing to pay up to 80-90K annually.

2. Business Bay/Down Town - area right next to Burj Khalif/Dubai Mall, rents are higher but also close to DFC. Great location but rents are overpriced just because it is right next to the tallest tower in the world. Sheikh Zayed Road would have you save tons and it's only on the other side plus you have more services and less traffic there.

3. Al Barsha - around 20 minutes from DFC, lower rents and a district with all kinds of services. Mall of the Emirates is the center of Al Barsha where you have all services whether you require groceries, electronics or even just a drink. For the same rent you pay on Sheikh Zayed Road, in Al Barsha you can get a 2 bedroom with bigger hallway.

Please checkout www.dubizzle.com to get a better idea of rents in Dubai and feel free to ask me any questions.

Hi Lolita,

Welcome to Dubai.

Rashidya is the closest to DFC, but you may not like the crowed there.

AL BARSHA is good place, but, you may wanna consider Jumeirah Lakes Towers, it will only take around 20 minutes to DFC during peak hours, Its a lovely place, I work there, can't get my eyes off the lake.

Good Luck

P.S
If you would wanna live in Jumeirah Lakes Towers , I suggest you find an apartment where pets are allowed,
Coz you might wanna get a little puppy in the future  :idontagree:

Luckee wrote:

Hi Lolita,,

You can choose, Mirdif, International city.. these are close to Festival city.. if u opt to live in Villa, u can find in Rashidiya.. thats very close and cheap also.

Cheers

Thank you Luckee for your comment, I will have a look there as well but as other members said it might be quiet there and more for families
thanks again

VagabondNas wrote:

Hi Lolita,

The good news is 90K max budget is enough for a really nice apartment in Dubai close to DFC (Dubai Festival City). The ones that Luckee mentioned maybe somewhat close but are not as happening (Happening in this case means restaurants/bars, shopping malls, parks, exhibitions, leisure & sports etc.). International City is known to be quite dodgy and Mirdiff/Rashidiya are very family oriented areas with not much to do. Also they are far off from all the happening places in Dubai. The area which DFC is located is Al Garhoud which is mostly villa residential & not recommended to live unless you are with family. With this in mind, I will recommend a few districts which are close to DFC (not more than 30 mins) and which hopefully will add more value, fun & comfort to your stay in Dubai.

1. Sheikh Zayed Road - around 12 minute drive to DFC, right next to Burj Khalifa & Dubai Mall. Higher rents and usually higher agency fees but you can find within your budget. Probably the best place to stay if you are willing to pay up to 80-90K annually.

2. Business Bay/Down Town - area right next to Burj Khalif/Dubai Mall, rents are higher but also close to DFC. Great location but rents are overpriced just because it is right next to the tallest tower in the world. Sheikh Zayed Road would have you save tons and it's only on the other side plus you have more services and less traffic there.

3. Al Barsha - around 20 minutes from DFC, lower rents and a district with all kinds of services. Mall of the Emirates is the center of Al Barsha where you have all services whether you require groceries, electronics or even just a drink. For the same rent you pay on Sheikh Zayed Road, in Al Barsha you can get a 2 bedroom with bigger hallway.

Please checkout [link under review] to get a better idea of rents in Dubai and feel free to ask me any questions.

Many thanks dear VagabondNas for the detailed feedback!
I appreciate your recommendations and it is true that i that the first suggestion is the best, next to DFIC will be great so lets see what I will find
in dubizzle the prices are very expensive and every where, really it is getting crazy!

Midnight-Sam wrote:

Hi Lolita,

Welcome to Dubai.

Rashidya is the closest to DFC, but you may not like the crowed there.

AL BARSHA is good place, but, you may wanna consider Jumeirah Lakes Towers, it will only take around 20 minutes to DFC during peak hours, Its a lovely place, I work there, can't get my eyes off the lake.

Good Luck

P.S
If you would wanna live in Jumeirah Lakes Towers , I suggest you find an apartment where pets are allowed,
Coz you might wanna get a little puppy in the future  :idontagree:

Hello Midnight Sam,
Thanks for your comment. I tought that JLT and Marina are far from Festival city and it may take 40 to 45 min to get there in the morning!!!
Me too I would love to have a nice view on the lake or the sea but I dont want to stuck in the traffic every day for 45min

True, it's difficult to catch the good rent prices on Dubizzle especially in demanded areas. If in case you don't find what you're looking for, I have a friend who's in the properties business and I can forward you his or his colleagues contact details. Hope all goes well with your move to Dubai!

Hi, It's not far from my place Rashidiya and Garhoud not more than 10 minutes by driving, or Al badia it's very near festival city 5 minutes by walk but a bit expensive, the cheapest one International city but might be 20 minutes by driving,,,
Kornel tourism agency i think could help for it...

Bienvenue a Dubai Lolita!!!

Omar