Sihanoukville

USA Dave(me) needs to know about prospects for SOME kind of work we are allowed to perform.No degree but I heard you can teach English w/o,TRUE? It's going to take the better part of a year to move there but since I've read that there are businesses moving  there I wondered If any other type of work is available for us "old reprobates" ? Also,can I buy auto easily or is "moto" best? Anxious to hear back! Anything else I MUST do would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

I am so pissed off with Metphone supply.  Anyone got advice on good alternative supply.

Have you been here before? If not, use a tuk-tuk for a while, then rent a moto by the month. you should be able to rent one at any number of places in town for around $80 a month. It's well worth it, and you will be able to get around much easier. A car is not neccessary and a big expense. Even used cars are getting premium $$. As for work,If you have an ESl certificate, that might help. THere are a number of private schools here. Good luck with your move. Leave a message on my blog when you get to town, we can hook up and I can help you out a bit.

Hey "mad",
  Thanks for info!Are expats able to work ANY other type work besides teaching? Thailand frowns upon "(f)palangs" taking job from Thai workers.Looks like house rentals cheap as "flats",is that so? I have CDL"A" drivers lic (any BIG RIGs ok),figure need Cam drivers lic "if" obtainable. Also read where "no degree" anglos are teaching in P.Phen. $8-10 hr. WAT YOU THINK 'BOUT THAT? Thank for quik response.Am taking BASIC Cam language for beginners course now. Should help abit! Be safe!

Housing is very cheap. Less in Sihanoukville than PP. I rent a Shop House (built so a Khmer can open a store and live above and behind the store front). I have 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, Kitchen and a big living room dining room. My rent is $300 a month. As far as work goes, no one from the USA is qualified to drive in Cambodia! Most drivers on the road do not have licenses, and road conditions and drivers make driving the highways very dangerous. There are NO speed limits, and people pass any where they want to. I wouldn't advise a driving job! Maybe teaching in PP is your best bet. Good luck

Agree with all above.  Driving job is not recommended.  What about hotel/restaurant management.  I know many here who would welcome a farang manager.  Bear in mind local rates of pay so $10 per hour --no way. Room/food/etc inclusive, so not a bad deal. 
If you have circa $20 grand to spare you could buy your very own business. A 1/2 bed shop/house here is between $80-120 pm.  Electric + water + TV cable + internet connexion etc around $40 pm.