Malta ID card for Wife


I'm Australian who has recently moved over here due to job. I've got an ID card, and my British wife, who isn't employed, doesn't.

Does anyone know the process for her to get an ID card? The only procedures I could find on the government website doesn't really explain this situation.


I assume you have an EResidence card with an ID number as opposed to a Maltese ID card, unless of course you are Maltese.
Your British wife can apply for an eResidence card in her own right as she is an EU citizen.


Yes, sorry, that is right fox. I have a residency card.

I guess my problem is what is required for her to get the same card, considering she is unemployed and I'm her source of income?

New topic