For Your Information

An article from the Straits_Times news syndicate. A real must read topic of interest for the MM2H advocacy.

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/04/2280 … isease-moh

What has that got to do with expatriation or MM2H?

Sigh! Of the hundreds of people who've probably read my previous post, you, sir, are the one, and only person to ask that question. No surprise about that Winston, :whistle: 

The viewing public has the right to be apprised of all the available information re: the MM2H, informed decision-making processes.

Reasonably intelligent people understand the basic values associated with the emotionally charged process of purchasing a new a home. One of those values being the wisdom dictation: that one does not simply purchase a house, in a peculiar, albeit popularly advertised neighborhood. One also purchases the pre-existing cultural and social nuances, traditionally permeating the fabric of any neighborhood environment, as well,

The MM2H program is conceptually "the house for sale", in a neighborhood, that is known to be an up-tight, socially constipated, mentally pretentious and spiritually repressed environment. promoted as "stress-free", Friendly Malaysia. A true social misnomer, indeed(s) and not very clean nation of people, from a Public Health standards point of view, as well,......also, in my considered opinion.   

Therefore, I reiterate ~ http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/04/2280 … isease-moh

Personally I left Malaysia and MM2H for a better place, Indonesia.

But the advantages of living in Malaysia for many foreigners is that Malaysia is basically English speaking. So even if you do not speak any other language except English or have never lived overseas, you can still live in a somewhat tropical paradise, in a hot country with exotic food among Asian people pretty easily.

Another advantage is that anyone can own property in Malaysia under their own name.

The above reasons are sufficient for many foreigners wishing to move somewhere hot and English speaking.

As for, "up-tight, socially constipated, mentally pretentious and spiritually repressed environment" .... I would also add the word "boring" to that description.

But remember, under the MM2H program, foreigners should not get involved in politics, so I think the smarter people will consider moving to Malaysia as a retirement move and just enjoy the place and the food rather than worry about politics and social matters.

How would you describe Thailand, the good and the bad things? I know there are lots and lots pf prostitutes there, and that many men move there for the girls. I think Thailand is beautiful but difficult to get around. Malaysia seems much easier.

abdulkhalil wrote:

Personally I left Malaysia and MM2H for a better place, Indonesia.

But the advantages of living in Malaysia for many foreigners is that Malaysia is basically English speaking. So even if you do not speak any other language except English or have never lived overseas, you can still live in a somewhat tropical paradise, in a hot country with exotic food among Asian people pretty easily.

A very fair post.
I wasn't impressed with Thailand for a number of reasons but I did like Malaysia a lot.
Indonesia is cheaper but has more complex systems when it comes to living here (unless you're married to a local). Add the general lack of English speakers and it means a potential expat has a harder time ... or maybe a more interesting adventure.

Thanks for sharing you unbiased opinions. Unfortunately, we witnessed some things in Malaysia (as human beings) that totally turned us "off". Thus we are not as unbiased, re: "Friendly" Malaysia.

Just for the record, we are actually a couple (here) who seek the best to found in every culture of people, rather than to focus on the worse. We are happy that some people have found Malaysia to be their retirement Utopia.

Conversely, unlike some others on the forum, we are perpetual students (ourselves), thus, we do not arrogantly presume to know-it-all, about every single topic thread posted to nearly every forum on this platform, either. Indeed, fortunately for us, there remains more room to grow.

Again, Abdul, thank you for sharing your thoughts. They have provided us with a refreshingly different perspective, re: the more positive aspects of Malaysia.  Best regards, sir.

I liked Abdul's post.

I have no insult to hurl at Malaysia. It is what it is. But I'll say that Malaysia is probably not a good place for a serious foreigner who is trying to get something done, for example in the world of business. It might be, one day, when it gives up Malay superiority and apartheid leanings. But as it is, a foreigners' dealings in business and with government are a very rough and painful go unless maybe you are a Fortune 100 company. And even then. But for retirement, for the ease of living, prices, people, climate, food, natural beauty, its excellent, even above excellent, if you dont care too much about quality music, literature, art. Just for basic living and enjoying, its tops and i'd recommend it.

But I also wont insult someones reason to be here. Everyone comes for different reasons, needs and circumstances and I totally accept that we may like and dislike different things. I dont expect otherwise. For me, after almost 18 years, Malaysia doesnt meet my needs and i'm packing to go, perhaps, perchance, for the very same reasons someone else may want to move here this afternoon. And thats OK.