Converting to Muslim before Marriage?

hello everyone..

Me and my Moroccan partner are planning to get married soon.. but we always argue about this religion topic,, Im a japanese and my religion is Christian and i am not against Muslim. its just im not ready to convert ,, its like my partner force / pressures me being muslim because he told me that we cant be together and he should broke up with me if i didnt convert , by the way he is a police and his boss advise that i must covert ,, what to do please help ..

Follow your heart.
If a man wants to force you to go against what you believe, is he the right man?

You may advise him that in Islam it clearly states that "there is no compulsion in religion". It has to be your purely your decision.  He should be patient, or move on. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Abu Fulani short simple and best reply. There is no compultion in religion even if you convert just for the sake of it your marriage will not be valid according to Islam.

Hi everyone
Islam allows muslim men to marry christian or jewish women, but you have to discuss with him about everything in order not to have any surprise in the future  ;)
Now if being a police doesn't allow him to marry non muslim this is a problme for you, it's up to you.

He is fooling you. Do not be forced to do anything you do not want to. And if he threatens to leave you if you don't , then you should leave him ! A true man does not behave in this way. He will control all you do in your marriage, and your life. Islam is a religion that controls your whole way of life, in every way. Do not convert unless YOU want to..my opinion is you should let him find a muslim woman instead of trying to change who you are. Good luck and be strong

😒

Lynn19 wrote:

Islam is a religion that controls your while way of life, in every way. Do not convert unless YOU want to.

It should be noted, whilst Islam has quite strict rules, those rules are seen in different ways in different countries. What is seen as "Islamic" in one place is commonly local culture and not actually Islam at all.
The OP should research Islam in general, but it's most important to understand what is seen as Islam in the country concerned.
Converting should absolutely be the OP's choice, not forced in any way.

Islam is a religion that controls all you do. No matter what countries. It's a religion. Unless the OP is willing to alter her whole way of life, then she should never convert.

Lynn19 wrote:

Islam is a religion that controls all you do. No matter what countries. It's a religion. Unless the OP is willing to alter her whole way of life, then she should never convert.

That's overstating quite a bit.
There will be obvious life changes but most cause by marriage, not change of religion.
The biggest change caused by conversion will be praying and fasting as required, but the rules for women tend to be more relaxed and women can avoid fasting for a variety of valid reasons.
The real issue is converting because her new husband demands it, or converting because the lady wants to.

The former is common,y a bad idea, but not always.

I tottlay agree with Ferd .the way one understand islam can be different . Islam is not really restricted but as human we made very restricted when we connected with our culture .
For instance covering hair , i do believe that woman shouldnt cover her hair as its a culture things woman used to do it before even islam to protect her hair from dust and heat of the desert .

Religions never control human but scholars and preist does .

Aneri, god has allowed muslim to marry christain but in most of countries laws they ask you for a certificate of converting to islam ( easy to get it ).

For everyone who  express their opinions thank you so much for giving me knowledge about your religion I really appreciate everything about Islam..  because of your opinion  it wakes up my self worth I realize something that I didn't realize before and thank you so much for everything God/Allah bless all of us

Dear Anrei,
I totaly agree with everyone only for one thing : don't convert for him or for anybody else by the way. Convert only if you are convinced.
I can't believe that people that have no Idea about Islam talk about it. Why when you are sick you go to a doctor? why when you want to build a house you go to architect? but when you need to know about Islam everyone talks and no one go to Islam scholar. There is only One Islam, it's the one given by Allah and practiced by his messenger. That's it, people who say there are many knows nothing about it.
Anrei since you are Asian I really advice you to read Dr Zakir Naik books, he is Indian and can give you a true Idea about Islam, the real One, you will see how simple, and peaceful it is, I recommand you to do so too Lynn, (if you want),do not listen to anyone please.
Allah bless you all.

To Whom It May Concern,

I understand better now why the policy of expat.com is to avoid religious topics. Unqualified opinions, even with the best intentions, can easily lead people astray. Although my brother tarikkk is correct that Islam is defined by the original teachings of our Prophet, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, the gentleman he referenced is not recommended by the major scholars of Islam. This forum is probably not the best to make these kind of specific recommendations.

he is the closer to her culture, she want to understand Islam, my opinion is to show her the best way to find answers.
which scholars talk about him, for the moment I don't know any who named him by his name.

Ma'asha Allah, but probably safer to go to the websites of the Ulemah...ibntaymiyyah.com albani.co.uk binbaz.co.uk  binuthaymin.co.uk. fawzan.co.uk. rabee.co.uk. muqbil.co.uk ubayd.co.uk

Also available in arabic.

May god bless you too , and just to let you know Aneri there is something that most muslim didnt understand ; the word muslim not only refers to everyone who believe in muhhamed peace be upon him , but it also refers to everyone who believe in God .  There are many christain muslim , muhammadan muslims and so on . Pillars of islam arent only fasting , pilgrimage to mecca , zakat and prayer its also believe in god and do good deeds .

Hum I smell like this topic will be deleted too,  and I will understand,  because religious topics always get out the subject, sorry Anrei.

Hello everyone,

Indeed we are closing this topic since religious matters should not be discussed on the forum. The thread will be removed in a couple of days, till the initial poster takes note of all the postings/advice given.

In case you need info on the topic, feel free to send a private message to participants of this thread.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed