Studying in Ireland

Hi there. My name is Dillan and I am coming to Ireland in September to study a 3 year course in BA in business. I will be studying at griffth College in Cork. I have been trying to gather as much information as to what i will need when I arrive there. I am a bit in the dark as I cannot find exactly what documentation I will need in order for me to study there. I have received my letter of acceptance from the college already. Can anyone tell me how to go about when i get to Ireland. I cannot get any information  from the embassy here

HI

Its strange that you can't get any information from the embassy there. They should be able to help you. I am not sure where you will get that kind of information. Have you tried finding out from the college itself, as they should have plenty of students who are from abroad. The college might have a website for such information or ways that you can contact other students who are in the same boat. Hope it works out for ye. Have you any family over here that can help to get you on the right path. The irish webpage for immigration should have some info on that as well. Its not very straightforward. I would imagine you would need a heap of cash as its not cheap to live in Ireland and you would have to fund your stay etc.

Hope you get some answers
sanbo

Hi

Have a look at this and email them.
Guide to writing to INIS

The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), part of the Department of Justice and Equality, has a number of email addresses that students are sometimes asked to communicate with in specific circumstances.

ICOS has seen many students writing to @justice.ie email addresses without including full information about their case. This can only slow down any response or even lead to no response being given.

When writing to any @justice.ie address you should start your email with:

your full name, as it appears in your passport
your INIS reference number from your GNIB card
your GNIB number from your GNIB card
your current address in Ireland

The last paragraph ask information from students already living here but you can ask exactly what you require to get what you need. Information on how to get a student visaf etc.

hope this helps

check this page out.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Student

That should cover all you need to know about a visa application.

sanbo