My employer didnt make my contract paper

Hello everyone,
My name is mohammed.just before 5months i moved to oman on a sales visa provided by my company.its frst tym for me so i have no idea about oman rules and ragulations.when i join my employer didnt sign me any documents like contract or appointment anything...i want to go for marriage so i asked them for a leave they said ok but when i went to collect my passport they suddenly asked me for 400rials as deposit..nd i dnt have money so they disnt let me go so atlast i dicided to cancel my visa but they asking me money for that also.so as i enquired in labour they said it must b mention in ur contract letter about penalties.so now my question is if i dnt have contract letter..so still i need to give rasignatin letter or have to wait for one month? Can anyone help me..what shoukd i do

Hi Hussainsify598,

Taking up employment without a proper employment contract is your mistake. Since it is about your job and your future, the onus should have been on you to ensure that a proper and detailed employment contract is in place.

However, it is equally wrong on the part of your employer tp appoint an employee without agreeing formally to the terms of employment.

Now your employer is only trying to recover the investments which he would have made in bringing you over. Plus, go through the hassles of finding a replacement for you.

Speak with your employer and try to arrive at some amicable settlement and exit without any complications in your own interest.

Hello sir,
Thanx fir your reply. But i was not aware of this contract system so i didnt ask them about it.and now my emplyer is asking me for money so is it legal if its not mention in written on any documents? I want to help on this. So if its legal ok and if illegal so i will go to labour complain.

Hi Hussainsify598,

Extracting money from an exiting employee is not legal.

But employers usually resort to this measure to recover their investments made in bringing the candidate over.

You could seek the assistance of the Ministry of Manpower and also the Indian Embassy.

Thank you sir for your guidence