Best usages and practices in Morocco

Hello everyone,

Living in Morocco means learning new ways of doing things and incorporating to your daily life unique practices.

We invite you to share unique practices, tools or methods that could also make a difference in other countries.
Here are a few examples of the best practices found throughout the world. In France, a health chipcard makes medical procedures easier and faster. In Japan's train stations people queue patiently and orderly. In most parts of North America drivers can turn right at a cross road, even if the traffic light is red. And many countries manage their waste with sorting techniques and colored bins.

What about you? have you found innovative and useful practices or services that make daily life simpler in Morocco ?

Thank you for your contribution.

Priscilla

Hi Everyone,

My biggest challenge when I moved to Morocco was in finding appropriate activities for my kids to participate in as they are homeschooled.  I was frustrated by the lack of activities outside of the school environment, the fact that the activities I did find were conducted through the French language medium not Arabic (which my kids could get by with), or did not have the appropriate age group for my kids. Part of the frustration was that I do not have French language skills, and hence could not conduct internet searches effectively.  But with patience and perseverance, lots of asking through Facebook groups and anyone I met, I have finally found that there are many activities kids can participate in (although not necessarily on a schedule friendly to homeschoolers, i.e. after school hours).   My kids are now in a robotics club (the instructor speaks English and has been super supportive to them- plus a women started business in STEM- coolness!). My youngest is now playing soccer with Casa Espana, which is not a high level or intensity club, but perfect for him as he is not high intensity or super good at soccer, he just enjoys playing and socializing.  Nobody talks English on his team, but that has pushed him to practice his Arabic more, learn cross cultural skills/non-verbal communication, and pick up some French words used during practice:)  Additionally, I have finally found avenues for my kids to participate in Art type activities as well.  So, everyone out there, if you are frustrated, just keep trying:)  I am in Rabat- I think Casablanca probably has a much more active extracurriculuar activities scene.  Hope this has helped!

Sincerely,
Ghada

Thanks for the information. :)

There is also a music teacher that can teach piano, violin and singing in English. Search up Colibri school. My 10 year old just signed up (she only speaks English). Consider ice scating instruction in mega mall. I am curious about robotics. Where is it?