American living in Jordan looking to meet new people

Hello!

I am a married Arab American who recently moved back to Amman Jordan from California and am looking to meet new friends! I have been back since the summer of 2016 and while yes I did live here before during highschool, all my friends were internationals/foreigners and have moved back to their countries!

Pretty sure there are other women like me in the same situation!
It would be great to meet new people and make some friends so message me or respond to the forum! 😊

Hello... and welcome back
I suggest, that you try to find in facebook, there are many groups for what you are looking for...
I wish you all the best

Marhaba Amani,

Welcome to the forum and in Jordan  :cheers:

There are of course many women who are married to a Jordanian and live here.

How can we help you?

Hello,

I am an Australian and moved here in November last year. My husband works for UNRWA and I am keen to meet others as well.
I have been learning Arabic, an uphill battle I must say, and looking for work, but apart from that I have a lot of free time and would love to catch up and make a new friend.
We live in Abdoun near the US embassy but I am able to travel. If you would like to meet somewhere for a coffee.

Natalie

I think there is a meeting held one time monthly

Hey there Natalie!

Thanks for responding! I actually live super close to Abdoun (the US embassy), I live in Swefieh, specifically where Swefieh ends and Abdoun begins.

Finding a job in Amman is pretty difficulty when you are used to the salaries abroad and when you aren't too fluent in Arabic, especially in reading and writing, so I feel ya on that one! I got some advice though from somebody who told me to apply to international private schools and embassies which is what I have been doing.

How long are you and your husband planning on staying in Jordan? Australia is on my list of places to visit!

- Amani A.

I have actually been looking into associates/clubs but can't find any contact information and any information I do find is very old!

Amani, Internations has some meetups and events.  If you haven't already, Google it and sign up and find the pages for Amman.  I'm not sure it's exactly what you are looking for, but maybe.

Hi Kip98!

Thank you! I will look it up right now, never heard of it.

Thanks again! :)

NatalieOBrien wrote:

Hello,

I am an Australian and moved here in November last year. My husband works for UNRWA and I am keen to meet others as well.
I have been learning Arabic, an uphill battle I must say, and looking for work, but apart from that I have a lot of free time and would love to catch up and make a new friend.
We live in Abdoun near the US embassy but I am able to travel. If you would like to meet somewhere for a coffee.

Natalie

hello
if you are still looking for a part time job and have experience in teaching English. then please write me.
take care

Amani.abu wrote:

I have actually been looking into associates/clubs but can't find any contact information and any information I do find is very old!

have you tried Dunes Club in Amman -air port road?
Good luck!

Check toastmasters clubs,  a great way to meet new people, go to Toastmasters.org and look under jordan,  we have around 16 clubs in jordan.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant! Please drop an advert in the jobs section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
I would love to meet women expats in Jordan.

Have a nice day😊😊

Welcome on board Nat_lud66 :cheers:

Do you have any particular interests?

It's always nice to meet new people with like minded people.

Hi
I am from Yemen currently staying in Amman. I live in aldiyar i hope meet new friends and  maybe i will improve my English too 😊

You are welcome!

hello Amani ,, if you want we can be good friends

I'm Osama from Amman I'm looking to meet American people in amman

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Amani, Hope you are fine

Welcome to Jordan.

and YES! I would like to recommend INTERNATIONS to get together once a month,you'll meet interesting peoples and make new friends too :) I Myself member of Internations :)

and Good luck :)

Hi!
I am moving there soon and am looking to meet other women.  I enjoy walking, reading, yoga, going to the gym and to nice restaurants.

Hope to hear from you soon
Kelly

Hello
Are you still looking to meet new friends? I'm moving there soon.

Kelly

Hi Kelly and welcome in Jordan , are you going to make friends from women only ?, the Jordanian guys is friendly :D .

It is true the guys are friendly, but watch their nature and you will understand what is good.
Good luck to you🌸

Welcome to Jordan!

hello amani
what work experience do you have
ks

Hello Amani , same situation here , American Arab moved back to Amman and looking to build new friendships.
Would love to meet up sometime ✌🏻

Hello, I am an Arabic/American woman looking to meet American expats, I live in Jordan recently

@Amani.abu

Hi. Would you only like to meet Americans?

I'm a Jordanian female and I live in Amman. However, I had a British education abroad, after which I returned to Jordan.

If you have no issues as far as nationality (and religion) are concerned, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Welcome on board 🤗

Why don't you pull out your agenda and set up a date?

Wish you all the best and a great meeting.