Malta 3/1-3/10 visiting

Hi we are planning a trip to Malta/Gozo 3/1-3/10 visiting to investigate possible moving there from the states. I am American my husband is British we have heard there are many ex pats there. Any suggestions???? We like a quiet life walk to the town center for a paper kind of life hopefully on the coast. We have been told Gozo is quieter we were going to look for an AIRBNB to get more of a local feel. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Hi Denis and Amy!
I can only offer advice about Malta as its where we have set up our home now although Gozo is a wonderful choice to live also but they both offer different things.
We stayed in an Air b n b before we decided where we wanted to live, funnily enough we picked the small rural village that we stayed in on our Air b n b week! We travelled all over the country, North and South but chose the North West in the end.
We have all the little friendly shops here that I fondly remember England to have been like years ago. Bakers shop, Butchers Hardware store etc....theres not much they can't provide you with...theres even a fresh seafood van most days!

I am the most happiest that I've been for a long time and we all appreciate the friendly Maltese people and area we live in. We are all very lucky to be here!
Hire a car if you can as it will be much easier getting around and exploring and you can have a day trip to Gozo!
Much luck...have a great time when you come here.
Debbie 😁

Debbie,
Thank you so much - we actually just booked an airbnb on Gozo.
We are very excited about our trip.
Any thoughts on the weather - we are coming from winter in the Northeast USA plenty of snow.
I would think not quite shorts/bathing suits weather but hopefully sandles???
Any suggestions of what to see/do we will definately.
Please let us know the area you are in my husband grew up in a small villiage outside Nottingham & we are looking for the villiage life.
How would you like to have an expat get together?

Hi Denis and Amy
That would be nice to meet up.....let us know when you're over, I've never actually gone to a "meet up" or met anyone from here so it would be interesting. I'm really glad you've picked somewhere and that you're both looking forward to it!
You will need a warm jumper and or coat for the evenings here when you come over but you'll probably get away with a shirt during the day and a t shirt ( hopefully!)

We are in the rural North West in Malta in Mgarr, its a farming community with the friendliest shop keepers! Its a great place to live with the beach 2km away and stunning Valley views....out of our sitting room window we have a view of both the Sea and the Valleys. The fresh produce they sell is superior to some of the big supermarkets here too!

Our neighbours are super eager to help and have always got a smile and a wave for us....when we moved here four months ago from London we were shocked at how nice and kind everyone were and they have remained so.
Good luck with everything you two!
Debbie 😁

Debbie,
We will be arriving on Thursday 3/2 - 3/9. We were planning on taking one of the double decker tour buses were you can get on & off. Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere near where the tour bus will go?

https://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/malt … Aih18P8HAQ

Amy

Hello Amy
Yes that'll be nice to meet up then.
Let me know nearer the time and we can arrange to meet...I shall pm you then!

😊 Debbie

Debbie,
We arrive in Malta tomorrow Monday. We are not even sure where we are staying. We are taking the ferry & will probably rent a car. Any suggestions on where to stay? We leave Friday & will need to be at the airport around 11. Hope to hear from you soon.

Amy

Hello
Sorry! Only just read your message! Have you tried looking online at an Air B n B? They are great value to stay in!
Let me know how you get on! Spk soon
Debbie 😊