Schools and animals

Hi all. I am moving to Malta in a couple of months time. Also my daughter and grandchildren are moving too. My Wife and daughter are going over there in a couple of weeks time to find out how to register the children for schools for when the new term starts after the summer and also for accommodation in the area that suits. Mellieha is one of our favourites, but open to other places in Malta. I believe school buses are very good too.
Also, we are bring our dogs with us, but they are not allowed on some flights. Any advice on that, as we could not leave them here in the ROI? Goodison

Hello
We moved to Malta 4 months ago and sent our two house cats via a company in East Sussex called Pets2Go.
We paid them for a hand made crate then we took them to Gatwick airport and as we had never done anything like this before we relied on their knowledge.
We had to get their vaccinations up to date and get them micro chipped and pay for their Pet Passports!
The service was excellent and they flew on an Air Malta flight....our daughter was at the other end n Luqa at the Airport with the required Maltese Vet ( 50 euro) paid directly to him. We also had to get a form completed from Malta downloaded and sent etc. If you pay for a professional pet courier service look at  the online reviews or ring them and ask them questions. They should tell you every aspect of the whole process and guide you through it.
It cost us roughly £700 pounds for the service plus about £300 pounds for The two pet passports and microchips etc.
It is an expensive process and I've read that some people drive over to Malta with their pets but for us, the stress on them and us! just wasn't an option!
We live in the North in Malta too and its an amazing place and we are very happy....so are our children and pets!
Good luck
Debbie 😊

Goodison wrote:

Hi all. I am moving to Malta in a couple of months time. Also my daughter and grandchildren are moving too. My Wife and daughter are going over there in a couple of weeks time to find out how to register the children for schools for when the new term starts after the summer and also for accommodation in the area that suits. Mellieha is one of our favourites, but open to other places in Malta. I believe school buses are very good too.
Also, we are bring our dogs with us, but they are not allowed on some flights. Any advice on that, as we could not leave them here in the ROI? Goodison

You could look under the 'Pets' heading in the category box at the top of the forum and see dozens, if not hundreds, of posts about bringing dogs over.

Ray

Thanks very much you have been most helpful.  Any information regarding schools would be appreciated. We don't want a fee paying school, but have had mixed comments about schools only speaking maltese any information would be appreciated

Look under the schools heading.

Goodison wrote:

Thanks very much you have been most helpful.  Any information regarding schools would be appreciated. We don't want a fee paying school, but have had mixed comments about schools only speaking maltese any information would be appreciated

Over the last 11 months you have started new threads with the same topic at least 3 times. Perhaps you should do as GozoMo says above and read the information you will find by looking under the schools topic in categories!

Ray

Hello the government school in malta are not ones which you have to pay a fee, the church schools and the private school are the ones which you have too pay for ,and to go about registering your child ..you have to go and collect a registration forms from the school obviously in the area which you are living and complete it them hand it in the school and they should write back to you and let you know all the details etc

Hi, Mellieha area is very good but a bit expensive. As per school they start mid September but is better you make an application earlier. Also there are the state schools which is free of charge if you are coming from EU country but there are also the private schools which is with payment depending the area and the type of school. If you need any help while you are here you do not hesitate to contact me on ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security