Sponsoring Child out of wedlock

I have read mixed reports about sponsoring a child out of wedlock. I have court papers that say I have physical and legal custody of my child. Will he be able to join me in Kuwait? Is it based on my job or salary?

uncharted territories, but i'll give you an inside into the mindset of the locale here:

everything is done by the father; child's name, papers etc.

Kuwait is a Muslim country - paternity is quite important here, to the point where wedlock children born in Kuwait are deported along with their mothers.

that is the mentality here.

now as am american, you might be given different treatment, but i believe the first line of questioning for you should be your embassy here.

there was always a procedure for divorcées and widows to sponsor children without issues. Since August, that extends to even currently married women if they have consent from the father and the father if living in Kuwait is ineligible to sponsor the kids himself.

For women who have never married, that's an issue. Even if you applied for a visa under the same rules that existed for divorcées/widows, you would have to present a court/legal document stating you have full custody AND a divorce/death certificate. For a mother who has never married, you won't have a divorce certificate. They generally do not look if there is a father's name on the birth certificate of the child though so that's a plus for you.

I know a woman, who who had a child out-of-marriage and years later got married and divorced. She moved to Kuwait by using the divorce certificate and authorities just assumed that the child was her ex-husbands. They did not collaborate the date of birth and the length of marriage to verify the paternity nor legitimacy. This was more of a grey area or a slip-up rather than anything else. Once you finish the initial application, you won't face any issues and can easily renew the visa over the years.

Before August, many women who moved to Kuwait to teach had their employer seek “humanitarian grounds” (an ‘exception') to get the children sponsor under the mother's name even though the mothers were still legally married. Since August though married women can bring their children freely into the country and need not be widows/divorcées