Advice

Hi
Potential to move to Malta on a very good wage. Have two young kids under 4 and would be first move for the family.  Main reason would be a great job however keen to provide best experience for wife and children. Could someone be so kind and give me a pen portrait of heat to expect / accommodation etc ? Budget for accom would be approximately 2k a month - don't like dogs, do like sea. Close to St Julians.
Read info on schooling which was interesting but still struggling to get a picture in my mind - role/income great but family happiness most important.

Hi ,

Welcome to the forum.

Never heard of a pen portrait but I think I know what you mean !

Worse than the heat in the summer is the cold humidity in the winter as there is no decent heating here in maltese homes. The heat is not that bad usually ..... maybe a bit hot and humid in July and August.

For 2000 K you can rent the world in Malta ! Villa with swimming pool or luxury penthouse with seaview. Anything you want !

Try Sliema or parts of St. Julians but beware of summer noise from students, trafic or dogs, construction and so on.

Regards
Ricky

OH man Ricki's not joking 2k and your a god among us peeon's..   I have recently been looking at Buggiba actually, and I have found several 3 bedroom 1 bath for 300 per month but havent looked at much and I dont mind the 15 minute drive to get to sliema, but since you like the Sliema area you will do well there.  Also St. Julian's bay area has a lot of brand new complexes you may want to consider looking at as well.

With the 2 kids you may want to look at Pembroks also, it's a nice quiet residential area and close to st. julian.

With the schooling for the kids I am useless, but happy my wife and I don't have any  :)

Chad