Kuwait visa - UK Criminal record (unspent)

Hi all,

I have been offered a job in Kuwait, I am really excited and am looking forward to starting as I've not had a permanent one in over 2 years I've only had contracts.

I have 2 unspent convictions from 1 year ago Feb 2016,

Would this stop me from gaining a working visa? (I've sent all off to uk embassy today, Is there a list of convictions of not allowed to go, will have be given a chance?) - I'm really not a bad person i just said wrong things wrong time and hands up I was caught.

1 was Breach of Peace - £370 fine

2 was criminal justice licensing Scotland act 2010 section 38 - Racial £600 fine

Before anyone does say - I am not a racist! Just something came out of my mouth at the time and wasn't directed at a person. Was actually just defending my country and am sick of terrorism tbh and something came out of my mouth.

I've worked abroad for years including Saudi qatar UAE Mauritania Egypt turkey without problem.

I have friends from Pakistan, Africa, Egypt, turkey and qatar - I am not a racist person!

Hi,
I'm not sure my response would help...
Typically, for a first time work permit, Kuwait requires a police clearance certificate from the country of residence which is then certified by the Kuwait Embassy in that country.
Two points to verify:
1. Is it required for UK passport holders applying for Kuwait work permit? This is something your sponsoring company would be able to tell you as they are applying for your visa.
2. What would be written in this certificate? If the certificate mentions these violations/ verdicts, they might be an issue. The authorities here are not going to split hairs to determine culpability or severity.

Finally, I marked country of residence because of personal experience. As a passport holder of one country, I was asked to produce the police clearance certificate from the country where I was residing.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for your reply,

It says on the work visa they sent me "A valid criminal status record, free of precedents should be submitted and certified by Kuwait embassy, If any the residence is allowed for 2 month from entry"

So I'm really not sure 🤔

Hi,
The "... free of precedents..." might be an issue. From a preliminary google search, I got this (https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certi … rtificate?)
Please check if this is relevant.
Cheers

Mine has been dealt with though as I was fined -

If a case is “without precedent”, it means that this case and its details have not been dealt with by an equal or higher court in the past and therefore cannot be relied upon in determining the persons innocence or guilt.  Many of the post 9/11and 7/7 Cases held in UK courts are said to be “Without  Precedent” as the scope and details of the cases have not being previously dealt with by a UK Courts. 

Therefore I should be free of precedents or upcoming decisions I think./ I hope!

I just landed in Kuwait today :-).

very happy

Congrats and welcome! Best of luck on your new adventure.

This forum is full of helpful people (and the odd ranters/ haters). It should help you with everything you need info on.

Cheers

Cheers jfmailspace,

Take it easy man. catch up with you soon bro.

Laters

i do not think entry visa will be an issue to kuwait for you as u have civil cases not of criminal offence case please try your luck and spply for visa wish u all the best my friend

Thank you Dhiraq

all went well and I got my visa my friend

thanks for the kind words.

Welcome my friend to Kuwait with open arms , wish you all the best

Hi I have to do the same thing which website did you use for your police clearance certificate? (For the U.K.)
Thanks Dan

Hi Dan, depending on where u live mate you can either go disclosure scotland or apco

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

or

https://crbdirect.org.uk/

if you do disclosure scotland you will need to send it back once you receive it and get stamped and signed then when u receive the stamped one back you then need to send it to the fco in London for apostille which is another £35 per document.

as far as I know if you do the acro one you haven't got through apostille service.

good luck mate 🖒

my dear friend you can apply without hesitation as u have nocriminal offence cases , just a few civil cases which already clear will not a stone on ur way just apply in ur nearest kuwait embassy and come to kuwait , kuwait is libral country  , but not secular nbut islamic by heart so u have to be extra careful of your lifestyle and mannerism in public , wish u all the best.

Hi, did the acro one that came back yesterday all clear thanks for the help.
Dan

well done bro welcome to kuwait and stay blesses

nice one so all you need to do now is send your documents to kuwait embassy London. it's only a 2 day turn around.

send documents to London on Monday in special delivery they will receive Tuesday . do the business and send back wed . you will receive Thursday . just add special delivery self stamped inside also 🖒.

You just need to send

-work visa (if your getting one that A company has sent you)
-passport
-medical report
-police report
-£135 cash
-stamped addressed envelope (do this all special mate)

-and a photo copy of each item sent also
-1 passport photo.

all the best

Cheers for that brummie got to ring the embassy on Monday morning anyhow my company is on about flying me out to Qatar whilst it all gets sorted

Hope all goes well mate, let me know how it goes .

Hi, all came back from the embassy all ok.

Nice one buddy 🖒

Hi Brummie

I have also been offered a job in Kuwait but have a past, some fines from 3 years ago and others over 23 years ago plus a Drink Driving ban from over 1 year ago.

I think I will be ok but wanted to check what type of check did you get and from where ? did you mention your issues to your employer ?

Hi mate

I'm in the same position as yourself and have obtained my NPCC from ACRO. I also have spent conviction and was fined 7 years ago. I received my NOC from my company in Kuwait to apply for my work permit, however when I went to the Kuwait Embassy in London they refused to process my visa due to the convition on my NPCC and said I would require to have a letter of approval from the ministry of interior in Kuwait. My company are on the case now but I'm just anxious and wondered how yours was processed as my HR have not come across this request before.

Cheers

Archie

HI
Good to hear that you received your visa ...etc.
Hope you are are enjoying your time there 😊
I have been offered a job in Kuwait but the work permit is taken ages ??!!
Please can you tell me how long takes the work permit to work in Kuwait as British citizen ?
I sent my medical and all doc in April ....

Thanks for your answer .

Are you still in Kuwait?

No present iam in india