Sending a laptop to Peru

My daughter is in the Trujillo area and wants me to send her laptop to her. I am not sure if this is a good idea or worth it even if it did get to her. Any advise ?

Hi,
You would need to check the SUNAT/Aduanas website to see if you can 'import' a second hand laptop into Peru. I would advise using DHL as a courier if you can import it as they don't seem to charge the huge handling fees that UPS charge.
Cheers,
Mike

Thank  you . Will do.

SUNAT will arbitrarily place a value on the used computer; often much higher than the actual value.  You might be forced to pay taxes on an "inflated value" & possibly have storage fees.  Computers here are getting less expensive; possibly send money & have her buy one here.  Would make a nice Valentine's gift.  Best wishes.

The department store Paris in Jockey Plaza has a deal at the moment for a Mac Book Pro 13 inch at S/.2999 if you have their Cencosud credit card - normal price is about s/.4500 - not sure how long it will last.

Also Peru is being more aggressive with online promos; a bit of time checking stores can result in good discounts.