Studying in Mauritius

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Mauritius?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Mauritius?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Dear priscilla,
how r u?  Ibhope you fine and doing well.. As u adk for study in Mauritius i suggest u not go for it as there is no scope sll institute have no study material no staff and no ine is master in particular subject.  They just want to make mony. No future.

Thnx

I would like to thank you to give me opportunity to share my experience .mauritius is one of the best place for study might be not as academic standard but adoption .i was travelled to mauritius first time in 2007 as a student .i was even did not had any information but mauritius welcomed to me just like i am in my home.mauritius as compare to other countries cheaper and standard is good. Mauritius authorities should workout on his system of visas and other some time its take very much time to get response .african and asian countries should be mauritian institutes target to make student one of the pilar of economy .

dear jun
I would like to tell u if u compare with europe usa uk so yes mauritius is not productive as above mentioned but you should know its africa and in all africa you will not get any place where fees are cheap living standard low cost as opportunity i would like to tell you international students first choice as they have good experience .

Dear Priscilla

I would highly recommend the idea as Mauritius is a developing country with one of the most powerful economy in Africa. A sought learning curve and aspiration for young talents.

Regards
Shaffick

Hi,I moved to Mauritius between the 2nd and third year of my degree, I looked into various universities in Mauritius that offered me the opportunity to continue my degree with a UK university course. Unfortunately the provider that I found tried to scam me saying that my HND ( first two years of my degree) was. It as good as the one that they offered and I therefore had to complete bridging modules - at the price of $4000 on top of the $6000 for the final "year" of my studies. Even when I contacted the UK university who franchised to them and stated that I did not require to do these bridging modules they insisted. Subsequently I found a UK university university that offered online stude, it will take me a few months longer but I'm saving $4000.
I'm sure my experience is not the norm, I would say however that if suddenly they say you need to do extra at an extra cost - question it!

Hi

I'm a South African currently studying at ssr medical college(4th year), I strongly suggest to anyone looking to study in Mauritius to reconsider, my experience studying here has been horrendous from the start, SSR is a a terrible university with apathetic, rude Indian lecturers and a dilapidated campus building.  Please look elsewhere before coming to Mauritius for tertiary education.

Dear priscilla.....studying in mauritius is good experience. can i knw regarding which field you need information.? there are many foreign students are studying here.

You are the only person telling the truth about Mauritius tertiary schools. God bless you for being truthful. There are soo many students who regret schooling in Mauritius.

Thanks dear

Priscilla, that's a bad choice, I have a NewZelander student and he is not happy at all .  if you must study in Africa go to SA or Kenya they have better international schooling. Otherwise go to Europe,US etc. GoodLuck

I have some nephews studying in MU , in the medical fields , and they loving it , beside , SA has this huge quota  system of allowing entry to universities , thus leaving so many INDIA kids with top marks no entry into fields of their choice , thus Black get in first , as SA is now gone JUST BLACK in everything .... so , I suppose you have to make the bast of whats on the door step and affordability ...

countries like Europe and America has an absolutely different economy and approach , so , if you can afford such , go for it ...

I think with time Mauritius being the top country in Africa will get it right , no doubt about that ....

if more student flock , this will definitely open the eyes of Government  to open their eye to  this venture and equip themselves accordingly ....

another big factor , is the aspect of safety in MU , compared to Africa..... students are not safe , while traveling to universities nor while in class and outside , the trend here in SA  become strike stike stike , and , how will you finish  your studies timeously and  affordability if you loose   a year with these problems....

all the best Mauritius ...