An open letter from John Cleese to the people of America

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : comment removed - too political

This dead thread, as I understand it, was intended to be a bit of pointless fun intended to brighten up an otherwise informative but dry forum.
It was allowed on the condition it didn't fall down the toilet of a totally pointless political bunfight.

It's produced quotes from a variety of classics and has many very funny jokes those who have explored the English language will have tittered over.
It's dead in a vampire sort of way, so perhaps it's time to nail its coffin lid down in order to stop evil arising from its grave.

Fred wrote:

It was allowed on the condition it didn't fall down the toilet of a totally pointless political bunfight.

It's produced quotes from a variety of classics and has many very funny jokes those who have explored the English language will have tittered over.

In the spirit of don't-throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater, let's see what the Home Office moderators do about the offending rant .. before we do anything rash.

cccmedia

thanks for the laugh Sir Fred.  I agree sometimes people take these topics way to serious.  I do not and love a good sense of humor.

Nice try, but the earlier post did not read as satire .. and our moderators  will review.

cccmedia

The 'rant' did read a lot like a strong political opinion and I should really hide it without delay, but I'll leave that to a greater being than my sweet self as I'm directly involved in the thread so it could be seen as bias or a personal expression of political opinion if I do so.

For the record, I do hold a negative view of Trump ... and both Clintons ....and most other politicians.

As Socrates famously said, "What a bunch of leaches".

cccmedia wrote:

In the spirit of don't-throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater,

The baby, in this case, is a 'backstairs' sort of sprog. You know, the sort of spotty squit you never really like - but still fruit of your overactive loins.

Americans will be googling like mad in an attempt to understand that.
Trump will assume it's part of a Muslim plot but Clinton will blame Russian hackers.
Fred causes chaos again.

Fred wrote:
cccmedia wrote:

In the spirit of don't-throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater,

The baby, in this case, is a 'backstairs' sort of sprog. You know, the sort of spotty squit you never really like - but still fruit of your overactive loins.

Americans will be googling like mad in an attempt to understand that.
Trump will assume it's part of a Muslim plot but Clinton will blame Russian hackers.
Fred causes chaos again.

Blameworthy you may well be, O wooly one, yet you are (again)
only the catalyst.   The silent majority are on your side, and know
how to connect-the-dots.   The real problem is well recognised by
those who can think things through, so here is a valid admission
from an American academic:

"So…As a thinking person, I would have a hard time basing anything on what the majority of Americans think. We are not exactly deep thinkers, as a people. Most Americans cannot think their way out of an open paper bag, and prefer to allow the media to write the story for them."

(taken from Quora website)

The kernel of truth in all good humour is made easier to see
by folks like fearless Fred. 

We, the frightened, worship thee, O messy messiah    :thanks:

I am not the messiah, just a very naughty boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZRe1kPWZw

"I am not the messiah, just a very naughty boy."

Maybe.   But we admire your skills in taming trolls

..and other pursuits we cannot aspire to...

Although..?  Brian had it nailed too, but still
got nailed for his goodness.

..so we'll stay scared...      :blink:

this is just foolishness from a country that doesnt matter anymore.

" this is just foolishness from a country that doesnt matter anymore."

..an invalid assumption..?

We all need victims to practice our own form of evil on...    :mad:

Shoot the Brits can't even figure out of field an aircraft carrier anymore

Bazza139 wrote:

We all need victims to practice our own form of evil on...    :mad:

and there goes the way to spot a crap politician.

The moment they blame ANY group for the woes of their county, you know they're useless items you should do your best to keep out of power. It doesn't matter who blames whichever group for what, it's always a lie.
Crap politicians have been doing this for a very long time and foolish people believe them, but their rubbish never works and it usually ends up hurting the country they claim to be being stupid for.

It really doesn't matter if it's an orange man blaming Mexicans and Muslims, an idiot with a silly tash blaming Jews or a fat twit in a country that's about the last on the list as the letter Z blaming white people - the lot of them are fools.

Dad said I'd be a good politician...

..so that's wot he really meant..?     :sosad:

I couldn't be a politician - I like people too much.

Aha!  ..the light illuminates..!

I hate everyone equally...    :shy

Bazza139 wrote:

Aha!  ..the light illuminates..!

I hate everyone equally...    :shy

Love is the way to live, especially if the other person is a beautiful 22 year old with an hourglass figure, the morals of genus Cynomys and the energy and inclination to ...........  Ooooooh

Yes, even the effervescent Fred...

Admiring his tastes in self-evident truths forces my jealousy
to become its own truth: hatred!   

..but I do love being despicable...   Does that count?    :blink:

Meanwhile, we return to normal...

"..most normal form, but then people don't tend to generally think through their underlying perspectives on most things."

..and we find that connecting-the-dots remains the same...

Normal      :o

Buncha yammering

Bazza139 wrote:

most normal form, but then people don't tend to generally think through their underlying perspectives on most things

Plagiarism, or do you like tea?

katzgar wrote:

Buncha yammering

True, but you have to look at the subtle side of things and all the hidden references most non native English speakers such as Americans would find difficult or impossible to understand.
There, much as it seems incredulous, is a significant amount of cerebral activity hidden in these seemingly nonsensical musings.
As Winston Churchill said on his twitter account in the summer of 1940, "Never believe a word you read on the Internet".
After all, the truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Tea ta!

True.   The excuses are as many as the reasons are few.    :idontagree:

Yet another sage saying wasted on blind eyes & deaf ears...

We are all fools before Fred's followings...

A plague on your plagiarised pledges!!!     :happy:

Garak wrote:

a plagiarised plague a' both your houses

Quite so

Donations of all denominations are now being accepted
for STIFF (FEY);
Save The Inner Fun Factor (For Expat Yearnings)...    :proud

..or was the FEY for Fred's Expert Yammers..?   Wondering...

..and um, well, as soon as we can locate an honest Account Ant...    :unsure

Fred wrote:
katzgar wrote:

Buncha yammering

True, but you have to look at the subtle side of things and all the hidden references most non native English speakers such as Americans would find difficult or impossible to understand.
There, much as it seems incredulous, is a significant amount of cerebral activity hidden in these seemingly nonsensical musings.
As Winston Churchill said on his twitter account in the summer of 1940, "Never believe a word you read on the Internet".

it was actually abraham lincoln that said that.  you would have fewer issues if you were more honest.

katzgar wrote:
Fred wrote:
katzgar wrote:

Buncha yammering

it was actually abraham lincoln that said that.  you would have fewer issues if you were more honest.

Did he say it on twitter?

I read somewhere Abe was a vampire hunter who made a serious error in his choice of plays.
Our American Cousin probably didn't know Shakespeare's Scottish play was unlucky.

Fred wrote:

I read somewhere Abe was a vampire hunter who made a serious error in his choice of plays.
Our American Cousin probably didn't know Shakespeare's Scottish play was unlucky.

you need to stay out of those book stores that have posters on the windows so you cant see in.

katzgar wrote:
Fred wrote:

you need to stay out of those book stores that have posters on the windows so you cant see in.

You should see the under the counter stuff in those shops.
WOW!

Katzgar....

you need to chill a bit mate...thanks for helping us out during the 2nd world war...but now please go forth

Deepsix6 wrote:

Katzgar....

you need to chill a bit mate...thanks for helping us out during the 2nd world war...but now please go forth

Katzgar has been banned from the site.

Quiet down, D/S! 

At least we can still stir a Troll or two...

Oh, for the good (bad & ugly) old days...

Not much further downhill, folks...

We are near the end.

Prophets & Priestesses may apply here...    :sosad:

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
....but now for something completely different.

Yer suffering subjects await, O Wooly one...

..with baited breath...   

..but (please?) no more fluff, Fred...    :thanks:

"The U.S. Office of Government Ethics released President Donald Trump's ethics disclosure form on Friday, showing all of the financial interests he had before taking office as President of the United States.
The massive form shows income from nearly 200 different sources, including golf properties, hotels, real estate, and book deals. The president also made money from his Screen Actors Guild pension from his television show, The Apprentice, as well as the Miss Universe pageant. The disclosure also shows that Trump had multiple investments in Fortune 500 companies, including tech, financial, aerospace, auto, and banking companies.

The report shows that Trump held positions on 565 different businesses, corporations, LLCs, and trusts outside the United States government throughout his time in the private sector — many of them with Trump's name. Although some of his business positions had already expired, the president terminated all positions after taking office in January 2017, according to the form.

Trump turned his company over to his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump to run in his absence.

“President Trump welcomed the opportunity to voluntarily file his personal financial disclosure form,” read a statement issued by the White House. “While this filing is voluntary (as no report was due until May 2018), it has been certified by the Office of Government Ethics pursuant to its normal procedures.”

Any person who thinks DT is incompetent is brain dead.  Jealousy is the root of all hatred, so keep hating because it will not change the facts.

I'm sorry, posts on this thread are not allowed to be serious in nature ... if it was :D

Find activities and meet other expats

OR