'Naqal Maloomat'

My sponsor ks currently out of country who happens to be my husband. We had to leave together to England but my passport had less than 6 months validity so i got mine renewed which arrived yesterday. My husband had to fly out first urgently. Now im left with another hassle which is Naqal Maloomat. My husbands company sent a GRO to Jawazat to get it done. Turns out they rejected the application by saying thay the husband has to be here in order to get it done. Now hes stuck there and im here. I was wondering if anyone can help me in this? I need to travel urgently

Renewing your passport doesnt forbids you entering the country.
"Make sure your previous passport copy is stamped 'cancelled'. Attach it with your new passport and travel without taking head ache of naqal maloomat. Eventually they will be able to get your details from previous passport number/visa number/iqama number.... Later you can do naqal maloomat.

Thank you! But would they let me travel out of country. I have read that if you dont do it, they wont let you back in the vountry.

Same here happened to me i was just travelling last week with my 2 passports in my hand & they refused to let me out as i must do "naqel maloomat" but after a long hasseles i just tried to go out with my cancelled passport & i got with no problems " thanks god th new officer didn't recognise it was cancelled " really don't know what to with this but my advice don't try to go as they will not let you out :( sorry for this

& by the way if you got out of the country there is no problem coming back in but make sure you have both passports with you while coming back i'm just back with no problem at all in going in " as long as you have both passports with you"

:(

So you mean to say they wont let you outnof the country or back in ?

No the main problem is going out of the country my luck they didn't recognize my cancelled passport, but if you go out there is no problem getting back in with the new passport but you must show the old one while getting in

Do you think by giving money to someone would get the job done? Or the PRO from my husbands company can do a video call if they'd accept !

mccague wrote:

Thank you! But would they let me travel out of country. I have read that if you dont do it, they wont let you back in the vountry.

Hello, correction here. When i first read the thread i thought you have travelled out of KSA and renewed the passport and wanted to know if you can come back. Awfully sorry!
I will inbox you some information.

you can leave the country with six months validity.

you said, you renewed your passport, there was no change in passport number, only the validity date of passport expiration was changed(renewal).  It is the same passport.

You can travel, immigration will not stop you.

Changing your existing passport expiration date in Absher will not require the presence of your husband, only the company liaison officer will process everything in MOI.

You can have your passport updates done, when you come back.

mccague Today 06:41:18 Report #3
14 posts Riyadh
Its regarding Naqal Maloomat! My husband is out of the country and I need to travel urgent. My passport just got renewed! My husband cant get exit reentry on the old passport becuase its cancelled and I need to travel urgently on sunday! Someone please help me wit this issue? Any contacts?""

Thank you Ehtesham and mannyd! Travel out of the country wouldnt have been an issue since I am a dual national, could have used my other passport bur im sure Immigration would want to check the passport my iqama is on the passport thats been renewed. My question is wouldnt the immigration officer be seeing whether the naqal maloomat is being done on the new passport or not? Also, wouldnt there be a hassle coming back in the country because my passport was renewed in KSA! Damn, I wish I knew laws better to keep an eye on my expiration dates! I feel so helpless!!

Don't feel that way @mccague,
I hope all your other questions have been answered except the last one.

You are over-estimating the importance of Naqal-Maloomat thing. The immigration officer will key in the passport number (old) and see if the exit re-entry is valid.

Though your old passport has been cancelled, how many days left out of expiry date? Even if it is expired, you have a renewed one to show. That's it!

My old passport was valid til April 17, 2017. Will my husband be able to get the exit re entry on the old passport even if ita cancelled?

Wouldnt the passport number different from the old passport 🙄?

Does Jawazat require fingerprints of the sponsor to do Naqal Maloomat 😦! I just found this out now! I just want to cry

mccague wrote:

My old passport was valid til April 17, 2017. Will my husband be able to get the exit re entry on the old passport even if ita cancelled?

Jawazat doesn't know that your passport has been cancelled.
How do they not know? Because 'Naqal-Maloomat hasn't been done. :)

mccague wrote:

Wouldnt the passport number different from the old passport ?

Yes, the numbers will be different. But the thing is: You'll get the exit re-entry on the current (old) passport. But you'll travel with both.

mccague wrote:

Does Jawazat require fingerprints of the sponsor to do Naqal Maloomat 😦! I just found this out now! I just want to cry

No, they don't

Again, there is no problem with your records since your passport date and iqama date are in future dates.

You can have the passport date updated in MOI when you come back.

mccague wrote:

Thank you Ehtesham and mannyd! Travel out of the country wouldnt have been an issue since I am a dual national, could have used my other passport bur im sure Immigration would want to check the passport my iqama is on the passport thats been renewed. My question is wouldnt the immigration officer be seeing whether the naqal maloomat is being done on the new passport or not? Also, wouldnt there be a hassle coming back in the country because my passport was renewed in KSA! Damn, I wish I knew laws better to keep an eye on my expiration dates! I feel so helpless!!

She said she renewed her passport, meaning the same old passport with the same old number.

Renewal is different from getting a new passport with new passport number. If this is the case, then Naqal Maloomat should be done.

If old passport, again MOI records will show the future date. She can leave.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
mccague wrote:

Jawazat doesn't know that your passport has been cancelled.
How do they not know? Because 'Naqal-Maloomat hasn't been done. :)

mccague wrote:

Wouldnt the passport number different from the old passport ?

Yes, the numbers will be different. But the thing is: You'll get the exit re-entry on the current (old) passport. But you'll travel with both.

mccague wrote:

No, they don't

No.

Personal experience. I got a new passport. I asked our company HR to update my data in MOI, changing includes changing the old passport info with my new passport. Also when updating my MOI with my new passport info automatically MOI system will also update the data of my dependents. I did not go to MOI, only the HR liaison officer will do all the tasks.

You only need to provide the old passport and new passport to your HR.

But your case is different, you did not change your passport, you only renewed your old passport giving you another future passport expire date. Right? So there is no need at this time to update your MOI data.

mccague wrote:

But Im still confused because ghe passport numbers are different and also I have a cancelled stamp on my old passport! Wont the immigration authorities nitice the big old cancellation stamp! How stupid of them to have an immigration counter at deparure too?

Good morning.

In that case where you have a new passport, then you must request the company liaison employee to update your MOI information with the new passport info.  5 days max transaction.

Good luck.

Thank you mannyd!

From my understanding based on what you explained, as a wife I would not need my husband to physically go to jawazat to get the naqal maloomat done? It could be the CLO?

And what do you mean by 5 days max?

I mean to say, within 5 days you will have your info updated in MOI. i based this from my experience of having my new passport updated by my employers HR liaison employee.

If his husband would be here, it might be a 20 seconds job. I have done it many times for my dependents. In fact, I advise people to get it done themselves quickly rather than waiting for 5/6/7 days.

@mannyd,
The rules of Jawazat are changing everyday and they have plans to eliminate the HR liaison employees soon. There are many things where HR liaison employees won't be of any help anymore. Read the first post from the OP. The GRO has tried and failed because Jawazat declined.

@mccague,
If you have your exit re-entry ready, go board. The immigration officer (hopefully) won't stop you. Even if he does, he'll provide you with an instant solution. There IS Jawazat facility there to handle such situations.

Good day!
I just want to ask on what's the requirement in updating my new passport to Jawazat? I lost my passport last year when I took vacation in my country, and went back to Saudi Arabia using the new passport already.
This December I am going to take vacation and I noticed that my visa was still under my old passport! 😭 I forgot to update it with our HR officer.
According to our GRO, she must have the old and new passport with her to update to Jawazat. She told me that I have to pay 1000 SAR as penalty for the lost passport, even though I have a new passport already renewed from my country.
Do I really have to pay for the update?