Saudi Fingerprint Problem - where to change fingerprint on passport?

Eight or nine years ago the Saudi Government implemented fingerprint registration for all expat including members of the family. We were the first family responded to that requirement. Many years had past we were able to exit and re-enter Saudi Arabia without problem in the immigration until the last vacation dated March 2016 where we got the problem. The officer at the immigration counter informed us that my fingerprint data and my wife was swapped. So when i do the fingerprint it was my wife data appeared "vise-versa". We were advised to fix the problem upon our return from vacation. Last May 2016 we tried to solve the problem in Dammam Passport Office as per instructions from Dammam Airport Passport Office . Unfortunately, no one in that office entertain us or even advise us what to do. So we don't know where to go and we are worried about this issue since the airport immigration official told us that next time around they will not allow us to exit unless the fingerprint problem will be resolved. Any help or advise from any of you will be appreciated. Thank you

Hi,

Contact some agent may get your work done. There are many available under legal section of expatriates.com.

Dear Mr. Sayed Ali,
   Thank you for your input, i will consider it.

You don't need any agent .
Please visit the Jawazat Office at Dammam City .

Do you still live in Dammam ?
Where was your Iqama issued ?

Dear All,

Any advice for the above issue? My mother is facing kind of similar problem for her fingerprints as her fingerprints are not being detected by the scanner. This problem has started recently only, maybe because she is diabetic. Is taking her to jawazat office the only solution to the problem?

khurram86sa wrote:

Dear All,

Any advice for the above issue? My mother is facing kind of similar problem for her fingerprints as her fingerprints are not being detected by the scanner. This problem has started recently only, maybe because she is diabetic. Is taking her to jawazat office the only solution to the problem?

Taking her to Jawazat should be the first step you should take. In the least hassel case scenario, Jawazat would take the latest finger prints. Moreover, viewing a lady having problem would wipe out many unnecessary hurdles for you. Ladies gets the priority by tradition.

I am facing problem for finger print . not scanned I am 60 years old.  I am afraid may be problem at immegration.  Can any one help . jawazat dept not helping.  How to sove this problem . kindly help me.
Thanks

Hi! I am having the same problem whenever I go on a vacation and coming back. But the Airport Immigration didn't tell me to fix it with Jawazat. Did you solve your problem in your fingerprinting issue? Hope to hear from you soon coz I will travelling this EID Holiday. Thanks Alex (Filipino Expat in Riyadh)

Ur problems solved

Assalamo alaikom,, I'm just want to know any suggestion where I go because I'm facing problem about my finger print. The mobily store staff tell me I need to go jawazat.  I just want to know in what department I go. Anyone here can give me advice??? Thanks

mayaqaisar0822 wrote:

The mobily store staff tell me I need to go jawazat.

Yes, go to Jawazat office (not Kiosk) and inform them about your issue. They'll ask you to fill-in a form about details of your iqama, in less than 30 min, your problem solved. You can create MOI/Absher account.

dear, I had the same issue I went to jawazat but in vain.. then my mandoob took me to the Airport authorities and they checked my fingerprints and it worked :) I will suggest going with ur mandoob to the airport

Are you here in Riyadh???is it need to make apppinment before you go to jawazat??and what department I go.

Can suggest me any person to contact to help my problem sir. Thanks if you can help me.

Assalamualaikum,

I worked in Saudi Arabia for 2 years (from February 2011 to March 2013).

Because of some unfortunate issues and misunderstanding I have been asked to not to come to office from 17th September 2012. Hence from October 2012 to February 2013 I was un-employed but was in kingdom, VISA was from the same company. There are some pending official work which is been taken care of by me. (Payment's delivery etc. unpaid, as a kind of conditions that, I should complete my pending work and then after my exit will be processed).

After all I left Kingdom on 28th Feb 2023. (But my previous company has asked me to go to IDARA WAFIDDIN and get my exit done from there).

From then onwards for 2 years (2014 i went to UAE) I have not been allowed to enter KINGDOM. Finally in 2016 i have applied for business VISA and finally I have entered KINGDOM and till now I have visited SAUDI ARABIA countless times and the officers at immigration are very helpful and kind and always allows me to enter and exit.

My business visa never gets rejected, and till now I have received almost 5 business visas to visit the KINGDOM.

the only problem I face at SAUDI IMMIGRATION is "WHENEVER I SCANNED my SHAHADA finger at the immigration scanner it shows my previous record issue and I've asked to stand aside for some time and then after, immigration officers carry my passport to the head of the department (officer on duty) and after waiting for 15 to 20 minutes they allow me to enter. its happens everytime  i  visit Saudi Arabia.

Since I am a frequent flyer and have to visit Kingdom almost 3 times a month means more than half of the month I have to stay in KINGDOM and moreover being Muslim, also keen to perform UMRAH as well as HAJJ INSHALLAH, therefore it would truly be grateful if someone can help / guide / suggest sorting out this problem forever, as its now 10 years pass by for that problem.

I am not facing any problem to enter or exit but during enter and exit that finger problem always occurs.

Please Help!!!

Hi

I am recently relocated to saudi arabia and am trying to get stc sim card but the finger print is not recognised due to unknown reasons. And what should I do kindly advise.