Brexit vote in UK

I want to move to Malta, my house is for sale, but I am concerned about the future due to the Brexit vote. The UK will not formally move for another two years.

philthebrit wrote:

I want to move to Malta, my house is for sale, but I am concerned about the future due to the Brexit vote. The UK will not formally move for another two years.

I'd recommend you use the search function on the forum, as Brexit has been discussed at length already and points of concern may have already been covered.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

So far the message is that nothing has changed, and may not change much in the future as the links between the UK and Malta are historically commonwealth based and precede the creation of the EU. although this opinion is held by the Maltese I have spoken to on this subject, the degree of vindictiveness that may arise during during exit negotiations may affect this issue in the future, with personality clashes muddying the water further.
The Maltese government has been very keen to sell Malta as a relative tax haven and, on this basis, would probably want to maintain its Brit ex-pat population.

Thanks for your replies. People still seem to be moving out there regardless. We have two years to find out what may happen.