Chatting room where ppl can talk and meet

it's just an idea about having a chatting room where ppl can talk and meet

Facebook do that one.

do u mean a group on Facebook??

Ayah mmar wrote:

do u mean a group on Facebook??

There's a better than average chance they'll be one.
This forum is very much an information sharing platform rather than a chat room, but some members make whatsapp or Facebook groups when they get to know each other.

As you post more, people will get to know you and friends will turn up.

Have fun. :)

Actually a WhatsApp group wouldn't be a bad thing to add to the forum.

iskandarhack wrote:

Actually a WhatsApp group wouldn't be a bad thing to add to the forum.

Some members have done that, but there are problems.
The forum doesn't allow contact details in the open for security reasons, those being very good reasons as you'd soon get to know if the various team members didn't delete/edit posts with numbers, email address and other stuff.
You'd be amazed at how many perverts monitor forums just to gather contact information, often to target members for scams, sometimes sex crimes.

You name it, we've banned someone for it, even one nasty little sod who tried to meet ladies pretending he was also female.
God knows what he was trying for, but I'm taking a wild guess it was probably rape.

Go for a whatsapp group, but make very sure you know who you're allowing to join in, and always make sure you meet in groups in very public places.

Also, exchange contact details in private - You don't have to be a member of this forum to harvest information from it.

Fred:"You'd be amazed at how many perverts monitor forums just to gather contact information, often to target members for scams, sometimes sex crimes."

Agree! It would be a gateway to hell!

How would a chat room change anyones behavior? People are what they are and a chat room wouldnt bring out their best or worst.

But a chatroom is also as anonymous as this space so what contact details are available in chat that are not available in a forum? Im not getting the problem.

Anyway I think chat is a good idea at times. Someone can create a room on Paltalk or Whatsapp. I dont recommend FB and think everyone should drop FB because FB is spying too much on people.

For Paltalk, someone has to create the room and have times they hold it open on a schedule, like Saturday mornings or every evening. Then people can walk in and talk their questions and problems or just chat. Seems a good idea. As far as perverts go, the Admin of the room can always kick and ban abusive users on the spot so whats to worry about?

Yes absolutely a good idea

I like this idea :)

i also like it

paltalk is very bqd idea becuase ir crash app in after 10 minute

Hey

Younis here from Oman

Add me on whatssap ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Paltalk? Ive come and gone from there a few times during the past 3 years and only once did the program crash. Maybe I dont use it enough to notice a problem but whenever ive gone there its been OK.

In any case there are not too many options for a chat group since Yahoo is gone. On Paltalk there are a few Malaysian groups but they are just a few locals playing music and speaking in Malay.

Forums are fine and good for what they do but the problem is that if you have asked a question you have no idea when it might be answered. At least in chat you get instant feedback.