Any other Americans out there?

Hi!  I'm an American girl now working in Malaysia.  I'd love to network and meet other expats.  Just wondering is there's a popular hangout where I can come watch the next US world cup game.  Was out in Changkit Bukit Bingtang to watch last night's game.  Anyway, if there's other Americans working out in Kuala Lumpur let me know... It's wonderful meeting people from all around the world but I have yet to meet any other Americans...

hey hey nice to meet you here, so far how you thinking about malaysia, hope you not getting bored yet..i just came back from england and would love to meet some english friends as i really enjoyed going out and hanging with english hope to know you soon :)

Hi Expat traveler & Cutiewsm,

I travel to KL frequently (here right now actually) and am moving indefinitely in January. It would be great to meet up and make a few friends. I am moving from the US and cant wait to start this adventure! Please email me with any advice or if you want to exchange emails.

Best,
Kayla

Hi there....

I see that you wrote your message a few months back, but hopefully you still check the forum.  I am a 29 year old American woman.  I just moved to KL in August.  I don't know many people yet, so I mostly just hang out with my husband (he's good company, though :).  It would be cool to meet up sometime for some drinks, if you're still interested!  Let me know!

Sandra

Well Ms Sandra I am in Shah Alam running a DISTINCT VENUE CARPETS AND RUGS shop.
If you are with your husband in Shah Alam at the Concord Hotel my shop is near by so we can chat about here in Malaysia whats going on and you feel free to ask anything regarding Malaysian way of life.
Been here for a some time.

Have a nice day

welcome to kl everyone :)

hi, another american here! always looking to make new friends, hit me up and we can hang out...

shannon

Hi, I'm an American guy that just moved to KL recently as well.  It would be nice to catch up with some other expats, I thought this might be the place to find out.

Southern Man wrote:

Hi, I'm an American guy that just moved to KL recently as well.  It would be nice to catch up with some other expats, I thought this might be the place to find out.

Wow, what brought you to South Asia? Im from Miami (USA) but i am in Hong Kong. Im mostly surrounded by locals where i stay but if i go towards the tourist areas there are many Brits. JW

JWilliamson wrote:
Southern Man wrote:

Wow, what brought you to South Asia? Im from Miami (USA) but i am in Hong Kong. Im mostly surrounded by locals where i stay but if i go towards the tourist areas there are many Brits. JW

Jw... You're from Miami? Tampa here :). And what about you, Southern Man?

Hello S, What brought you to South Asia? Have you been to Miami? I have visited Tampa, Orlando and Cocoa beach many times and many who lived there considered Miami  as too crowded but wow Hong Kong is way over crowded. JW

I think we Americans, and anyone else, should plan a get together. Who's in?

Sorry , I just joined this forum but have been in Malaysia for 5 years now. Mostly Teaching Diving on Pulau Tioman. I now live in the KL area and work in Desa Sri Hartamas

Ok, where's the get-together? I just so happen to hang out at hartamas all the time, lol.

shanno32 wrote:

Ok, where's the get-together? I just so happen to hang out at hartamas all the time, lol.

I work at a dive shop just behind True Fitness. It's called Rec N Tec it is located just above the bar called Hi-Spirits, drop in anytime. We can do lunch and discuss where to have a group meeting?

Hi Guys,

I'm from Va, it would be nice to get together sometime for a drink.  Just let me know.

Hi guys,

For non-american exclusive get together you're most invited to join us.
We get together every other week, and the next one is on the 20th in Changkat Bukit Bintang: on.fb.me/djk2Qw

The following one, which should be on the 3rd of November will be in Mt Kiara / Sri Hartamas :)

I agree it would be better to look for all interested nice people to get together and chit chat and laugh and enjoy themselves. JW

P.S. Maybe you can suggest in English please!

Expatypus wrote:

Hi guys,

For non-american exclusive get together you're most invited to join us.
We get together every other week, and the next one is on the 20th in Changkat Bukit Bintang: on.fb.me/djk2Qw

The following one, which should be on the 3rd of November will be in Mt Kiara / Sri Hartamas :)

so the one at ceylon is this wednesday? i just might pop in... wednesday is a great day for drinks :D

any particular area where i might find you folks? been to that bar once...

Our tables are going to be outside - it makes it easier cigarette smoke to disperse ^^

There are only a few tables, so we're quite easy to spot :)
Still, for those who prefer to be on the safe side, you can PM me to get my HP.

Ah, Dang! I will be out of town for this one. When will the next be?

Garthak wrote:

Ah, Dang! I will be out of town for this one. When will the next be?

The 3rd of November
We're trying to organize a get-together every other week.
Next one should be in Mt Kiara / Sri Hartamas area.

Hey! My family and I are Americans that moved here in August and are always looking to make new friends also. Any other expats with kids? Ours are 9 and 7. But if we can find a babysitter it would be nice to get together with just the adults! :)

Sue (and Joe and Helen and Alex)

Exploring new pastures this week.
We're off to Sri Hartamas / Mt Kiara !

Time: 8.30pm onwards
When: 03 November 2010
Where: Exotic Restaurant & Bar @ Desa Sri Hartamas
Facebook event page: Wednesday Drinkies - 03-11-2010

The "where" is now set to Exotic Restaurant & Bar in Sri Hartamas.
If you have a suggestion or recommendation for the next one, which will be in Changkat BB, we look forward to hearing from you.

Yeah I'm game for a Wednesday meet-up.  How about the bar Twenty-One on Changkat...great drinks for good prices for ladies on Wednesday night!! :)  Upstairs there are tables outside for smokers.  Sound okay?

Garthak wrote:

I think we Americans, and anyone else, should plan a get together. Who's in?

Sorry , I just joined this forum but have been in Malaysia for 5 years now. Mostly Teaching Diving on Pulau Tioman. I now live in the KL area and work in Desa Sri Hartamas

Hey Garthak, where in the States are you from?  I live in Reno now when I'm not in KL.

ExpatTraveler wrote:

Yeah I'm game for a Wednesday meet-up.  How about the bar Twenty-One on Changkat...great drinks for good prices for ladies on Wednesday night!! :)  Upstairs there are tables outside for smokers.  Sound okay?

Cool !

This week Weds drinkies is set to be at Exotic Restaurant & Bar @ Desa Sri Hartamas so a few members working in the area can make it. I updated my previous post accordingly. Hope to see you there :)

The next one (which shall be on the 17th Nov) will be in Changkat BB, so Twenty-One is a great suggestion ! We usually go to Ceylon Bar, but change is good I've heard ^^

ExpatTraveler wrote:

Hey Garthak, where in the States are you from?  I live in Reno now when I'm not in KL.

I'm was born in Caldwell, Idaho. We moved around a lot when I was growing up. I have lived in 9 states so far, East and West coast.

I'm down for wednesday! I just happen to be off work thurs... :D

How many people are thinking of attending on Wednesday?  Myself and some friends are thinking of getting together Wednesday and I didn't know if I should suggest bringing everyone to the bar you guys suggested (Exotic something) since I've never heard of it.  Anyone interested in Twenty-One or Ceylon Bar on Changkat on Wednesday after Exotic..like around 10pm for drinks?

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to make it Nov. 3rd. 

Look forward to seeing y'all there.

ExpatTraveler wrote:

How many people are thinking of attending on Wednesday?  Myself and some friends are thinking of getting together Wednesday and I didn't know if I should suggest bringing everyone to the bar you guys suggested (Exotic something) since I've never heard of it.  Anyone interested in Twenty-One or Ceylon Bar on Changkat on Wednesday after Exotic..like around 10pm for drinks?

It's a bit tough to evaluate really as it's a cross-community get-together; but so far we have eight confirmed (not including you or your friends) and many tentative.

So we should easily reach two digit this Wednesday :)

The facebook event page also allows you to confirm your attendance: Wednesday Drinkies - 03-11-2010

Wish I could make it to your Wednesday evening gathering! When here in Kuching visit Gibbons at the River Bank Suites just down from the Hilton.

Tom

I'm in for Wednesday.

Awesome !
We easily broke the two digit mark this time around.
And it was great to see so many new faces around.

Next one will be in Bar Ceylon in Changkat BB on the 17th.
I'll create the facebook event page and Expatypus topic over the week-end :)

Thanks to all who organized the get-together.  I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next one.  In the meantime, if anyone is interested in having a drink around Bangsar this weekend, let me know.

I would!

How about WIP at Bangsar Shopping Center?  I don't have a time preference, just let me know.

Ok I am new to KL so is WIP easy to find? I know where BSC is. Tonight or tomorrow I am open.

WIP is easy to find, if you are facing the entrance it is on the far left front corner, the opposite side from Chili's.  How about 9-915 tonight or we could do it tomorrow, I'm open.

Sounds ok to me. See you around 9. Any one else is welcome to pop in!