Club for Ladies & Gentlemen

"What do you think if we organize a coffee get-together for more mature groups like those in  the age groups of above 30, 40 or even 50 something! What do you think? More mature topic of discussion....."

The above was discussed in another post. Kuilao & me thought of forming a 'club' for above purpose.

Your opinions, suggestions, comments, etc are very much welcome.

Please share.

Cheers,:cheers:
Chris

that will be a wonderful idea.
please keep me updated if you manage to set it up.

G'day guys

Yup very good idea ..we can make new friends as well and chill up ...

cheers
Jack

Count me in...

Great news Chrisck9, thanks for getting the ball rolling with this post.
Everyone who would be interested in joining in will have an input, so there's a few things to consider.
1. Do we need a name for the group? If so, what do we call ourselves?
2. Do we need a base, somewhere we can call home? If so, where?
3. Should there be a minimum age to be involved? If so, what's the minimum age allowed to participate?
............. and anything more you think we need to consider, or not.
As Chris has already said, feel free to comment or make suggestions. Thanks

kuilao wrote:

Great news Chrisck9, thanks for getting the ball rolling with this post.
Everyone who would be interested in joining in will have an input, so there's a few things to consider.
1. Do we need a name for the group? If so, what do we call ourselves?
2. Do we need a base, somewhere we can call home? If so, where?
3. Should there be a minimum age to be involved? If so, what's the minimum age allowed to participate?
............. and anything more you think we need to consider, or not.
As Chris has already said, feel free to comment or make suggestions. Thanks

Thanks Dave. You read my mind by furnishing those questions/details ;)

My suggestions are as follow:
(1) Name: Something that sound Elegance. Let me think about it some more.
(2) I feel locations around Bukit Bintang / KLCC areas will be most convenient.

Quote The Telegraph (Telegraph.co.uk) dated Thursday 03 November 2011 on Health News:

Middle age begins at 35 and ends at 58
Middle age begins in your mid-30s and ends in your late 50s, a new survey finds.

(3) What do you think we say minimum age of 35? Definitely the age group should be 30 and above.

(4) Activities will include
Get-Together coffee/lunch/dinner/drinks/
social responsibility/charity/health/fitness,short trips, etc

Will share with all once I can think of more interesting ideas.

Please feel free to share your opinions as well. Greatly appreciate all contributions.

Cheers,
Chris

Please refer to new post related to this post "Meeting: Ladies & Gentlemen Club" by kuilao. David & me are organizing this Get-Together. Looking forward to meeting you all. Kindly RSVP soon. Cheers, Chris

Chris,

As the minimum age has been set at 35, then that rules me out. That's cool. I was coming to the meeting but don't meet the criteria. Never mind!

Andrew, as far as I'm concerned the minimum age limit (if there should be one) hasn't been discussed yet.
Please understand you are most welcome to join us, and hope you reconsider!
                    See you on the 20th
                          Dave

hi every body, I like to make a visit of Vietnam , any body has any experience?[/i]

saharachallenge wrote:

Chris,

As the minimum age has been set at 35, then that rules me out. That's cool. I was coming to the meeting but don't meet the criteria. Never mind!

Hello Andrew

As mentioned by Dave, "Everyone who would be interested in joining in will have an input, so there's a few things to consider".

Therefore, the age category is not firm yet, subject to major agreement once we meet.

Please join us for the meeting when you are available. All are most welcome.

I do hope it helps clear the air a little bit. ;)

Cheers,
Chris

If I may add a general 'guideline' I hear what you want to do and setting a minimum age limit (or a maximum for that mattar) can exclude good, decent people. Would it not be advantageous to have a form of Committee who 'Vet' those who want to join so that the Club has the members it want's and not a bunch of 'Teeni-boppers" ?

I for one, having been an expatriate for some 28 years have experienced numerous 'Social' type clubs, most of which have the 'Younger' less 'responsible' type of member who's main aim in life is getting drunk and creating mayhem....not the sort of Club for the more mature crowd !!

As with Dave's club, I will support when I get to KL at the beginning of December but am I missing something....will opening another Club not defeat what Dave is trying to do OR, is this the same Club ?

With regard to activities, I guess those are in abundance in a Country like Malaysia so please don't forget the Golf :))

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill, good point about the "vetting" of future members, although I'm not sure how accurate it would be! These are the things we need to sort out by general consensus with the people who attend the meeting on the 20th.

If any of the people who'd be interested to join us, and you have any idea's, or anything which you feel needs to be included in the deliberations, please make them known to us. Chris & myself will add them to the agenda for the 20th.

Cheers
                       Chris & Dave

Gulftoolong wrote:

If I may add a general 'guideline' I hear what you want to do and setting a minimum age limit (or a maximum for that mattar) can exclude good, decent people. Would it not be advantageous to have a form of Committee who 'Vet' those who want to join so that the Club has the members it want's and not a bunch of 'Teeni-boppers" ?

I for one, having been an expatriate for some 28 years have experienced numerous 'Social' type clubs, most of which have the 'Younger' less 'responsible' type of member who's main aim in life is getting drunk and creating mayhem....not the sort of Club for the more mature crowd !!

As with Dave's club, I will support when I get to KL at the beginning of December but am I missing something....will opening another Club not defeat what Dave is trying to do OR, is this the same Club ?

With regard to activities, I guess those are in abundance in a Country like Malaysia so please don't forget the Golf :))

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill

To add on to what Dave had just mentioned, YES, this is the same club. Like I had mentioned before,no decision is made with regards to any criteria to join the club.

Please join us if we meet in December.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi

I think this is a very good idea as most of youngsters out there have a different mentality and attitude!Do count me in for the mid 30's club. it is good to have a decent conversations with people around this age or older..hope to join you all soon

Hey Guys,

Count me in as well.

Regards,

Narveen

Hi friends,

I'm agree with this idea ,it should be great , waiting for your info and planning. Will be nice to see you all and share our opinion.

Hello

Good news! We have in fact, Walk The Talk on this club as our first meeting was held a week ago. You may check our upcoming second gathering at the following link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121403

See you all there :cheers:

Chris

Would like to join but I don't fit the age criteria. Is there a young peoples gathering coming up in the near future for strictly expats?

Sebastian1982 wrote:

Would like to join but I don't fit the age criteria. Is there a young peoples gathering coming up in the near future for strictly expats?

Hi Sebastian

Please follow our link as mentioned above. There is no age criteria set so far. You are most welcome to join us. In the case you are looking to mingle strictly with expats only, our group is a mix of both local & expat!!!

If you wish to join us for the pub crawl tomorrow, I will PM my telephone contact. Let me know, ok.

Cheers,
Chris

Hello Friends

Our next gathering will be as follow:

Bohemian Death March(Pub Crawl)
Date: Saturday, 3rd December 20011
Time: 6:00pm onward
Venue: Ceylon Bar, Changkat Bukit Bintang (Ceylon will be the meeting point for the start of our crawl)

Our theme for the night is 'Red & Black'. Please come dressed in these two colours on any part of your body 

See you all there & Cheers

Dave & Chris

Anyone out there who feels like a night out are very welcome to join us.

Hi Chris,

I will join you tonight , so pls send me your mob.num.
also may you please inform me how many person accepted to join us?

Tnx
Bahman

Avesta186 wrote:

Hi Chris,

I will join you tonight , so pls send me your mob.num.
also may you please inform me how many person accepted to join us?

Tnx
Bahman

Hi Bahman, please check your mail. See you this evening. Chris

what a great idea i agree it help us to know about something new.

Agreed, I honestly thought that that was the original intention but then I saw numerous texts all regarding 'Bohemian Death Marches (Pub Crawls) which I did when I was in Uni and sadly today, my recovery period is just too damned long !!!

Let me know when and where please and will come along if I can :))

Gulftoolong wrote:

Let me know when and where please and will come along if I can :))

Hi Bill

Welcome to Malaysia. To clarify your first post, the pub crawl was actually our second event; whereby we are deciding on which location as our base for meet-up. The rest of the gathering are ad-hoc decisions.

We hope to organize a get-together in December to coincide with New Year. We loves all suggestions on what we could do on this specail occasion to welcome the new year 2012.

I hope you will join us on the next event.

Cheers
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the clarification, please keep me posted.

Gulftoolong wrote:

Chris,

Thanks for the clarification, please keep me posted.

Hi Bill

Sure!!! Will update all soon. You better turn up as it will be really fun. We are a humble & fun group. ;)

Cheers,
Chris

The 'Big' Night will soon be upon us and I was wondering if anyone has given thought to organising a get-together for the 'Eve' ?

Nothing worse than being on your own on New Years Eve !

Hey Guys and Girls

Love, Peace and Joy came down on Christmas day to make you happy and cheerful.
May Christmas spread cheer in your lives! merry christmas...
This Christmas give us a message that we should live unite with great peace,
So, here is a bundle of some sweet wishes for you.
Merry Christmas...

Cheers
Jack :)

Gulftoolong wrote:

The 'Big' Night will soon be upon us and I was wondering if anyone has given thought to organising a get-together for the 'Eve' ?

For the  New Years Eve best place will be  at Curve ( Laundry bar ) Damansara Perdana

hey count me in too...

Gulftoolong wrote:

Hello, we will be organizing a get-together before the new year. Please check our post for updates once confirmed.

Cheers,
Chris