Finding English speaking accountant in Budapest

Hello. I am moving to Budapest as a self employed management trainer. I am looking for a reliable English speaking accountant who can manage my tax affairs. Can anybody recommend someone. Thanks a lot!

Personal recommendations are ideal. Had experiences with less than competent accountants. But if that fails, there is also the business directory here with a list of accountants if you have not already looked it over (no, I have not tried any, sorry, and our account does not speak English):

https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … countants/

I've just opened a Kft and have an English speaking accountant. She seems fine.
It's still early days though (less than 2 months), so not comfortable recommending her yet - unless you get stuck and want to take a leap of faith (let me know).
Not sure if she's good value, but some accountants quotes I got seemed really high, 100 Euro or more a month.
Of course costs may be different if you're self employed rather than company accounts, as ours need to do payroll etc.

gazamataz wrote:

Not sure if she's good value, but some accountants quotes I got seemed really high, 100 Euro or more a month.
Of course costs may be different if you're self employed rather than company accounts, as ours need to do payroll etc.

20,000 to 30,000 Forint a month is not atypical i you have a lot of billing and payroll for the accountant to do.

If you do not have much billing, then you can often negotiate a lower monthly rate with the accountant.

If you are a small business with not many business deductions, consider registering for a Simplified Entrepreneurial Tax (EVA), or for Fixed-Rate Tax of Low Tax-Bracket Enterprises and on Small Business Tax (KATA), which means you do little or no accounting, and just pay a fixed amount each month for all your taxes.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will follow up.

Much obliged for your advice.

gazamataz wrote:

I've just opened a Kft and have an English speaking accountant. She seems fine.
It's still early days though (less than 2 months), so not comfortable recommending her yet - unless you get stuck and want to take a leap of faith (let me know).

Szia Gazamataz! After one year, how do you think your accountant? I also need an English speaking accountant. If you think she is good, could you please give me her contact info? or could you please recommend any other accountant?  Thank you so much. -Yanzhao

Hello! Sure things are still going well with her, though have to say our company has been very slow and not many transactions are happening! Her name is Tunde Batonay. If you want to send me a message I'll reply with her private email address...