TAX ON FLAT RENTAL IN BUDAPEST

I am leaving Budapest for a year or two ,and wish to rent out my apartment in District VII.

I will use a local reputable agency to mange the flat, getting good tenant (apparently no problem),collecting rentals and utilities, deducting costs, transferring rentals to my local bank account,etc.

There seems to be various advice about tax payments on rentals. The best advice is to get the tenant to rent the flat as a company, and they then pay the tax monthly directly to the Tax Authorities (the agency will organise that aspect.) This seems to be the easiest and safest.

The other is that I get a Tax ID and pays directly but, as rentals are low at the moment, it is hardly worthwhile renting out if I have to pay the tax myself out of the rent (and other charges such as the agency fees,etc).

All help would be appreciated.

Roseanne

Never heard of the option of having the renter call themselves a co. for tax purposes.
Interesting but wonder what the catch is with that? always some sort of catch or loop hole here in Hungary.
We were thinking of also renting our flat out in the 7th district but after finding out about all the things that can go wrong and having strangers breaking down the flat it doesn't seem like the monthly rent income is worth it to us.
Our neighbor rented the flat above us for awhile to HU Rasta boy students. They totaled the flat, didn't pay rent and made so much noise with their after hours parties that the cops were in the house 2 times a month.
We have looked into using an agency, we saw they charge one months rent for their services.
We also read in some cases it is almost impossible to get renters out of your flat. People with small kids, older people on fixed incomes and handicapped people are hard to throw out once they move in.
We have left our flat empty for almost 2 years in the past. Aside from the dust and smell all was safe and no hassle when we returned.
We went into every utility co. and told them we would be gone for x amount of time and to hold sending out the bills. When we returned we went in and had to pay a small monthly service charge. They do not really ever shut down the utilities  they just hold the bills. We have our own meters so it wasn't too expensive. We store our car in a lot or garage and have a neighbor check our mail box, e-mail us if there is any problem and leave her a few hundred bucks for any thing that has to be paid before we return.
Let us know what happens with your rental, what happens with the tax issue etc. Good luck.