Absolutely Anything Else

Hope everyone had a nice New Years Eve last night.
It was our 40th anniversary.
Never get married on New Years Even if you can avoid it, way too much other things going on that day so it hardly feels like a special day at all.
My funny husband and I got married in Vegas, plan was for the 29th or 30th of Dec. just to get in so our taxes would get a break for 1978.
Went to Vegas with several HU friends and for some reason the 31st. came around and that was it do or die.
So romantic, marriage for tax reasons.. No, more then that but that's one good reason for sure.

Yes, it was very nice as usual.  Happy New Year to all as well.  Lots and lots of fireworks here - some very spectacular ones as well.

Too many New Years Eve unfortunately - signals another year passing and another year older.  It's an arbitrary signal on a calendar.  Strangely enough, the weather today is the same as yesterday, the house is the same and I'm still not a billionaire!

fluffy2560 wrote:

I'm still not a billionaire!

But at least in Hungary it is not too difficult to be a millionaire. In Forint. :D

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I'm still not a billionaire!

But at least in Hungary it is not too difficult to be a millionaire. In Forint. :D

Oh, that's true.  Reminds me of Italian Lire or Vietnamese Dong or Monopoly money.

Beatles said, Money Can't Buy "Love" but Mrs Fluffy and I  would sure like to try it.

If only I'd "invested" in Bitcoin.

Oh, btw, we can look forward to the Royal wedding in 2018. 

Just remember what happened last time!

Sorry to say, after Diana, I am DONE with the UK royals.
She was the last of her kind in that family.
Yes, I have joked in the past to my siblings that I am a multi- millionaire , in Forints that is!!
Actually it may seem odd to younger people but within reason, I could care less about how many zeros are in my bank account. My husband feels the same way, not saying I would like to see the dollar crash or anything radical but in the long run it really is all about ones health and family.
One will never be in the game unless you sell out, never was that much interested in big bucks even when they were within reach.
Not the sort of people to enjoy having it better then others, always felt in my heart of hearts that everyone should be treated the same and all have a home, food, clean water, clothing etc. Anything extra is just flash.
Totally Salt of the earth .

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Sorry to say, after Diana, I am DONE with the UK royals.
She was the last of her kind in that family....

While it's true Diana got the short straw,  I think the link I posted will put the royals in a different light - there's a new batch and different thinking ;)

fluffy2560 wrote:

I am considering pouring money into tulips. After almost 500 years, I think they are about ready for another run.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I am considering pouring money into tulips. After almost 500 years, I think they are about ready for another run.

I see an idea flowering there, a (light)bulb moment.

What about trifling with truffles?

Expensive stuff but I think quite hard to farm.

fluffy2560 wrote:

The dog is already piggish for my attention, and may be upset if another critter hogs my time during forest walks. And I certainly don't want the dog to think I am acting boorish toward him....

fluffy2560 wrote:

Expensive, because many can not be farmed. They only grow in certain forests, are elusive and furtive (the swines!), and so must be hunted down.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

The dog is already piggish for my attention, and may be upset if another critter hogs my time during forest walks. And I certainly don't want the dog to think I am acting boorish toward him....

fluffy2560 wrote:

Expensive, because many can not be farmed. They only grow in certain forests, are elusive and furtive (the swines!), and so must be hunted down.

Fur what it's worth, from what I've read, pigs eat the truffles immediately when they find them, but  dogs a better bet as they like their paws(-es).   

I read online that they do farm truffles in New Zealand and with some success. 

I also read that native HU truffles are not particularly expensive - 100 EUR/kg - so hardly worth the effort since even the largest HU truffle was only about 0.5 kg. 

Even if using a pig for these things, there wouldn't be opportunity to live high on the hog at those prices.  No-one would be bringing home the bacon.

On the other hand having a jolly friend to search for truffles with could be OK - always nice to have a Fungis (guys) to join in.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Fur what it's worth, from what I've read, pigs eat the truffles immediately when they find them, but  dogs a better bet as they like their paws(-es).

Yes, pigs will try to eat the truffle if allowed. So one must remain vigilant and dogged to get to the truffle before the pig does....

fluffy2560 wrote:

I read online that they do farm truffles in New Zealand and with some success.

Ah, but I did say "many" can not be farmed. So left the wiggle room to acknowledge some can be farmed. But many still are in too close a relationship with the forest ecology and tree micro rhizomes; so farming may not give that real je ne sais quoi of a forest truffle (kind of like a commercially farmed and harvested tomato has no real tomato taste).

fluffy2560 wrote:

I also read that native HU truffles are not particularly expensive - 100 EUR/kg - so hardly worth the effort since even the largest HU truffle was only about 0.5 kg.

For someone making just 400 Euro a month, even a 0.5 kg truffle can significantly increase their income so may be worth the effort.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Even if using a pig for these things, there wouldn't be opportunity to live high on the hog at those prices.  No-one would be bringing home the bacon.

Well, doggone. Good points. ;)

klsallee wrote:

....so farming may not give that real je ne sais quoi of a forest truffle (kind of like a commercially farmed and harvested tomato has no real tomato taste).

Yes, indeed.   Maybe it's just like the soil in viticulture I suppose.  Just the right conditions needed.

To be honest, I've never had truffle as far as I can remember.   

But I am sure I've never had caviar either.   

I must say the idea of either of those does not fill me with enthusiasm.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I have had both.

Quite frankly, they were both..... Meh.

I do not consider either worth their price tag.

And I can say the same regarding my opinion of Bitcoins a well.

Regarding Bitcoin, the first and classic is still "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds". Available at the Guttenberg Project.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I have had both.

Quite frankly, they were both..... Meh.

I do not consider either worth their price tag.

And I can say the same regarding my opinion of Bitcoins a well.

Regarding Bitcoin, the first and classic is still "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds". Available at the Guttenberg Project.

I concur.  People's interest in caviar has always struck me as a bit fishy. 

As for Bitcoin, blockchain technology does have applications outside of the actual "currency".  Government is getting into it now with the idea of logging transactions - like property records or contracts.  Bit of a hot property in that application -  OK too much, maybe just a little bit less cold than it has been previously.

Bitcon is a great way for those on the darknet to transfer funds...
Anything that was programed by a super computer makes my skin crawl. Makes me think of 2001 Space Oddesy... Instead of being named AL it's Sophia...
I don't know much at all about computers but anything man made with a "brain" scares the BeJesus out of me. The 5 G grid is being set up fast in the US, waiting for "them" to turn it into a super weapon against the citizens, like people aren't dumb enough now...
My husband was looking at "Flip" coin, a bit easier to get into the online trend with money but I am against it.. Don't trust it at all.
The US dollar is tanking right now in exchange, gone down at least 10 forints in a week or so. Whatever happens in the US I am afraid will not be isolated to just the US.
Doesn't bother me that much, if everything should crash then we can all start up from zero. The more one has the more one has to loose, that's how I see it.
Yes, I seem paranoid, not really just seeing a few things going on that is not in main stream news.
My older sister just sent be her last will and testament...
Now that's a bit paranoid, no just practical I suppose.
I really do think there needs to be more research in the effects of 5G on life before they start that up. Mind control to Major Tom...

fluffy2560 wrote:

As for Bitcoin, blockchain technology does have applications outside of the actual "currency".

Yes, blockchains are useful. And I have no problem with digital "currencies", per se. But the current valuations of Bitcoin puts it clearly into a commodity, not currency, category. Even the IRS says so (for tax purposes Bitcoins are property, not currency). So transactions with Bitcoins are more like bartering, such as diamonds for cars, than a currency transaction.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

As for Bitcoin, blockchain technology does have applications outside of the actual "currency".

Yes, blockchains are useful. And I have no problem with digital "currencies", per se. But the current valuations of Bitcoin puts it clearly into a commodity, not currency, category. Even the IRS says so (for tax purposes Bitcoins are property, not currency). So transactions with Bitcoins are more like bartering, such as diamonds for cars, than a currency transaction.

Yes, good points. 

"National" currency (i.e. legal tender) is usually a monopoly of a central bank which depending on jurisdiction is a government institution.  In those circumstances, the currency is backed either by assets - gold reserves (old fashioned) - or simply the broad interpretation on the strength of the economy (i.e. varies on exchange rates).   

I cannot see any  assets underlying Bitcoin or any other  If it did have assets it'd have some base to be regulated.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My husband was looking at "Flip" coin, a bit easier to get into the online trend with money but I am against it.. Don't trust it at all.
The US dollar is tanking right now in exchange, gone down at least 10 forints in a week or so. Whatever happens in the US I am afraid will not be isolated to just the US.

You can always hold Euros, Australian Dollars, Sterling or  Yen etc. 

People have made money on Bitcoin but my own thoughts are to be incredibly careful with any of these things.   You are betting on people rather than assets - a Bitcoin is only worth something if someone is willing to buy it.  I would consider possibly speculation on businesses exploiting the Blockchain - the underlying technology of Bitcoin.   At least they would have some underlying assets to liquidate if it all goes wrong.  Risk vs Reward, Speculate to Accumulate etc.

We used to invest in gold back in the 70's early 80's did us alright.
Also had stocks in Sea World and a few other places.
Got a bit weird, was a freaky thing to open my mail and see a will from my sister today.
Guess I have no worries as long as I am willing to take care of her pets after her demise. Or find them a good home, like finding homes for 2 old dogs and a cat in the same home is a easy task, not to mention the birds and fish.
Too bad she wants all her diving equipment to go to the Minn zoo, that would of been useful... Kidding on that one.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

You can always hold Euros, Australian Dollars, Sterling or  Yen etc. 

People have made money on Bitcoin but my own thoughts are to be incredibly careful with any of these things.   You are betting on people rather than assets - a Bitcoin is only worth something if someone is willing to buy it.  I would consider possibly speculation on businesses exploiting the Blockchain - the underlying technology of Bitcoin.   At least they would have some underlying assets to liquidate if it all goes wrong.  Risk vs Reward, Speculate to Accumulate etc.

Currencies are pretty much linked together they are always up and downs. Sterling is really bad at the moment. It doesn't bother me too much as I have money in Euro's and GBP's.

As for Bitcoin, if I took the gable and had bought some when it first came along I would be laughing now. But would I buy now? I'm not that stupid because I am not will to gamble thousands.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Got a bit weird, was a freaky thing to open my mail and see a will from my sister today.

I would not say its weird, I wrote my first will when I was 18 and as things change in life I update is as and when.

SimCityAT wrote:

Currencies are pretty much linked together they are always up and downs. Sterling is really bad at the moment. It doesn't bother me too much as I have money in Euro's and GBP's.

As for Bitcoin, if I took the gamble and had bought some when it first came along I would be laughing now. But would I buy now? I'm not that stupid because I am not will to gamble thousands.

Bitcoin: yup, risk and reward attitude

Currency:

Sterling was brilliant or a disaster depending on who you are and what you are doing and your outlook/timeframe.

Prior to 2018, earlier in 2017:

Paid in Euros or another currency like US dollars - brilliant
UK Exporter - brilliant   
UK Importer - disaster
Holidaymaker (UK to international) - disaster
Holidaymaker (International to UK) - brilliant

2018:

Opposites to neutral for all the above - Sterling is rising against the US dollar.  However, it's slipping a bit against the Euro.    I suspect Sterling will drop if Brexit goes badly BUT it'll cause a upward blip in growth and exports.  I'm rather looking forward to seeing if Teresa May (the UK PM) carries out her threat to turn the UK into a European Singapore.

Yes, it probably is a great idea for people to know your wishes when one departs but I am sort of a "Gypsy" think too much thought behind some subjects is bad luck or something.
I am not a very practical person, guess we are all different.
I have nothing to give anyone, all goes to my son and husband and even so don't think they will get much use outta my collection of shoes and dresses.
Have a few bits of flashy tid-bits which will go off to some future granddaughter or my great-niece ,other then that nothing much to brag about.
Not sure anyone is "dying" to get their hands on my Rollings Stones LP collection or my treasures of old cards and letters over the years.
I mostly held on to silly items and gave away my valuable things over the past. Still have my Girl Scout pins and such, just silly worthless things.
18 is young to be thinking of death but again, we are all different.
Just disturbing to think about my older sister taking a hike and not coming back.
Been there before and never wish to go through that again.
No one is going to hit the lotto if I pass... Well maybe the peace and quiet will be priceless to some!

No need to be morbid though, everyone is healthy and doing fine... for now.
I had a experience a couple weeks ago with my "beloved" son.
I had some surgery here in Hungary and they had to but me under, the way my son was talking to me over skype it was almost as if he was hoping they would put me down instead of under.
maybe I did a really good job raising him to be non emotional about some things but then again when it hits you in the face it is a bit unnerving.
He told me if I should happen to not wake up post surgery that everything was fine and he and my husband would have a great time. He would take his dad to Thailand and party... OK, sorry I pulled through and was a total party pooper!! Actually that is a good thing to know, hate to leave em' crying better they enjoy themselves then weep and cry over nothing like death.
Too bad though, not so easy to get rid of me.

Only reason why I sorted out a will at a young age was when I had something worth leaving to people. Lol

fluffy2560 wrote:

I'm rather looking forward to seeing if Teresa May (the UK PM) carries out her threat to turn the UK into a European Singapore.

Threat?  :lol:

I can not see how that is much of a treat. Especially for Singapore.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I'm rather looking forward to seeing if Teresa May (the UK PM) carries out her threat to turn the UK into a European Singapore.

Threat?  :lol:

I can not see how that is much of a treat. Especially for Singapore.

Oh yes, she said threat, never mind treat.   She wasn't threatening Singapore, she was admiring their model, even suggesting the UK could be a European mirror/version of it.  She was threatening the EU for the UK Brexit to mean low tax, highly deregulated environment with freeports, low tariff, cargo hub etc as a different model to rival the "economic oppressor" aka EU.  Maybe even similar to Dubai. 

Now I've typed that, it actually sounds quite attractive.  It would take 20-30 years to really get going though.  By that time, I won't care probably.

Anyway, with the EU cuffs off, she could do that sort of thing but naturally the EU wouldn't take that lying down - they might actually (sharp intake of breath) consider internal "reform".

Reform is what many UK people wanted in the first place.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

....the way my son was talking to me over skype it was almost as if he was hoping they would put me down instead of under.
maybe I did a really good job raising him to be non emotional about some things but then again when it hits you in the face it is a bit unnerving.
He told me if I should happen to not wake up post surgery that everything was fine and he and my husband would have a great time. He would take his dad to Thailand and party... OK, sorry I pulled through and was a total party pooper!! Actually that is a good thing to know, hate to leave em' crying better they enjoy themselves then weep and cry over nothing like death.
Too bad though, not so easy to get rid of me.

Maybe there's an opportunity for the glass to be half full.....

I actually think he was trying to reassure you that he and your husband would be a unit and he'd take care of him.   

I have had a similar experience where I told Mrs Fluffy's grandmother that she should not worry about Mrs Fluffy and that we would be OK whatever happened. 

The grandmother had said she was hoping everyone would be OK if something happened to her (and it did - pancreatic cancer).

My (now) deceased brother was more fatalistic but also realistic. He told me "life goes on" and yes, it's true, we do go on and we must go on.  We keep the person "alive" by our collective and shared memories of them. 

I need to shut up now.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Anyway, with the EU cuffs off, she could do that sort of thing but naturally the EU wouldn't take that lying down - they might actually (sharp intake of breath) consider internal "reform".

More likely the EU would just ban any imports from the UK freeport as not satisfying EU regulations, and then import everything over China's "one road", which of course would be connected to the port in Singapore. None of this has to make sense. Because it doesn't.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Reform is what many UK people wanted in the first place.

So I have "heard".....  Chuckles... 

Reminds me of:

Sir Humphrey: Minister, Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last five hundred years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians. Divide and rule, you see. Why should we change now, when it's worked so well?
    Hacker: That's all ancient history, surely?
    Sir Humphrey: Yes, and current policy. We had to break the whole thing [the EEC] up, so we had to get inside. We tried to break it up from the outside, but that wouldn't work. Now that we're inside we can make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing — set the Germans against the French, the French against the Italians, the Italians against the Dutch... The Foreign Office is terribly pleased; it's just like old times.
    Hacker: But surely we're all committed to the European ideal?
    Sir Humphrey: [chuckles] Really, Minister.
    Hacker: If not, why are we pushing for an increase in the membership?
    Sir Humphrey: Well, for the same reason. It's just like the United Nations, in fact; the more members it has, the more arguments it can stir up, the more futile and impotent it becomes.
    Hacker: What appalling cynicism.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes... We call it diplomacy, Minister.

In short, forget about wine: In comedy, there is truth.

klsallee wrote:

...More likely the EU would just ban any imports from the UK freeport as not satisfying EU regulations, and then import everything over China's "one road", which of course would be connected to the port in Singapore. None of this has to make sense. Because it doesn't.
    Hacker: What appalling cynicism.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes... We call it diplomacy, Minister.

In short, forget about wine: In comedy, there is truth.

Ah, Yes Minister - a course in political philosophy.  Fantastic show.

I think the one road is OK but it takes weeks to get those trains and ships across the world.  And it's all dependent on a selling into a thriving economy.   No economy, no imports.  It could be a tariff situation where unfinished lower tariff goods are shipped to the UK, finished in the UK, then shipped to the rest of the single market tariff free.  Thereby using the tariff differential.

Happens all the time -  used to be that the USA imports European partially assembled vehicles and then reassembles them to increase local content and hence gain a tariff advantage.

fluffy2560 wrote:

It could be a tariff situation where unfinished lower tariff goods are shipped to the UK, finished in the UK, then shipped to the rest of the single market tariff free.  Thereby using the tariff differential.

And requires cheap assembly labor (or automation). Is there cheap assembly labor in the UK? Without immigrant labor? Thought limiting immigration was one of the reasons for Brexit?

And all of North Africa could do the same (if they ever get their act together --- which they will eventually). So not sure this is a really a very good long term plan.

P.S. Love "Yes Minister" and its follow up "Yes Prime Minister". You might remember you suggested it to me. :)

P.S.S. I enjoyed it so much, I suggested to wife that she also watch it, as she worked in government. She said it made her depressed. Because it was too realistic.

In the middle of a new show called, "The Crown" on Netflix.
So far it is a semi-drama type show about King George, Churchill and the young Queen Lizzy and her Hubby the Duke. Charles is just a young lad.
This series is on the serious side, just finished a comedy series of 13 episodes of another "Windsor "show.
So far the comedy was more real to me then the factual story.
I prefer to see the humor on just about every subject.
Funny how much though we Americans are interested in the British Royals.Suppose we are their "uncouth"cousins.
Sorry if I was bummer in my last silly post about wills and such.
My sister had included a list of music she would like played at her demise.
She said no rap or country music should be played, told her she had fouled my plans, I had planned on renting out a stripper pole and asking Lil Wayne to perform.
My husband had to correct me later saying we really don't know much about her sense of humor, after all she had once attended  the "Queens Tea" in the UK many years back when she worked for the news dept. Cucumber sandwiches and all.
Humor is a touchy thing at times, wonder how many wars started over a silly misunderstanding like a joke gone wrong.
Hope we don't find out for sure with Trump joking about his red button being bigger.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Hope we don't find out for sure with Trump

You mean the man who, in one short year, seems to be making America less important, less reliable, and more isolated again?

While spending time Twittering on anything and everything that just inflates his own ego?

Meh..... I am personally just waiting to see if he claims personal responsibility for Oumuamua missing planet Earth.

klsallee wrote:

And requires cheap assembly labor (or automation). Is there cheap assembly labor in the UK? Without immigrant labor? Thought limiting immigration was one of the reasons for Brexit?

And all of North Africa could do the same (if they ever get their act together --- which they will eventually). So not sure this is a really a very good long term plan.

Yes, exactly it requires one of the two.  But with Brexit they could bring in say, gastarbeiters from say, Mexico or Malawi without the EU interfering.  Kind of weird situation.

The problem initially answered by Brexit is similar to the Trump thing over the Mexicans - it's utterly unsustainable as a policy.  It was all because there was a backlash against illegal migration as it seemed to be the hordes were descending on the place and taking all the jobs. However, these lower to mid- level jobs have to be done by someone at some point in their lives or careers (and they can rise to higher levels of course). Rather stupidly, the myth that unskilled Polish or whatever were taking over in the UK is becoming well and truly dispelled - mainly because people suddenly realise their nurses, doctors, drivers, retail and office workers are the ones keeping many services afloat - services the average Brit uses.  The average British lout doesn't want to work for a minimum wage in a job that requires effort and the discipline to get up every morning and be on time at the factory/depot/office etc.  But a Pole, a Hungarian, a Lithuanian will do that. 

So Brexit for many was a knee-jerk anti-migrant reaction but PM Cameron made a mistake in asking a single question - in or out?   If he'd said - in, out, reform - then he'd have won hands down on reform (whatever that means). 

One thing I have noticed on my travels is that Africa is beginning to get their act together.  They have real opportunity there  if - as you say - they can get the right work ethic.

klsallee wrote:

P.S. Love "Yes Minister" and its follow up "Yes Prime Minister". You might remember you suggested it to me. :)

P.S.S. I enjoyed it so much, I suggested to wife that she also watch it, as she worked in government. She said it made her depressed. Because it was too realistic.

Probably it reminded her of reality shows or documentaries. It's a classic.

Something for our amusement/edutainment:

Front Cover of Der Spiegel

I don't accept that Poles and other foreigners are doing jobs that Brits are unwilling to do. At the same time we hear of terminally ill or severely disabled people being signed  by doctors as fit for work.

Around 2010 to early 2011 one of my biggest customers was a secondhand shop in Elgin. They had been contracted to furnish a lot of flats for foreign workers who came on a government scheme to work in fish processing and other factories. My job was to maintain the washing machines and cookers in said flats. The workers in question were supposed to be from Portugal but oddly they all seemed to be black skinned. There were plenty of local people who would have liked these jobs but the foreign workers could be paid less than the minimum wage. I think the flats were paid for by the government.

fidobsa wrote:

I don't accept that Poles and other foreigners are doing jobs that Brits are unwilling to do. At the same time we hear of terminally ill or severely disabled people being signed  by doctors as fit for work.

Around 2010 to early 2011 one of my biggest customers was a secondhand shop in Elgin. They had been contracted to furnish a lot of flats for foreign workers who came on a government scheme to work in fish processing and other factories. My job was to maintain the washing machines and cookers in said flats. The workers in question were supposed to be from Portugal but oddly they all seemed to be black skinned. There were plenty of local people who would have liked these jobs but the foreign workers could be paid less than the minimum wage. I think the flats were paid for by the government.

I'd have thought that the fish factory managers and government jobsworths would have soon been investigated by the labour authorities if they were being paid minimum wage.  Although if I remember rightly there's an issue developing in the UK over the delivery drivers on piece work - their wages are below minimums possibly.  And of course there's Uber.

I tend to agree about the Eastern Europeans in the UK.  Most people I've come across in the UK from Eastern Europe are employed in middle ranking but skilled or semi-skilled jobs - but that can mean anything from Doctor to shop assistant.  So basically the same as everywhere else.  Obviously if you are a senior nurse on NHS pay, you are going to be doing a lot better on NHS payscales than hanging around in Hungary. 

I heard on the radio, Capita's (??) evaluation of disabled people is now either stopped or shortly to stop and I also heard a very large proportion of those signed by Capita (they aren't doctors) are easily winning their cases at tribunals.  Utter waste of resource to refuse obviously disabled people then lose in the tribunal.

On migration in general, I just read an article in The Economist that Bulgaria is losing its population at a high rate - about 2000 a month or something.  And Hungary is the same.  With the falling birthrate, it seems inevitable people that other countries will - even tacitly - encouraging immigration.  Although Germany's was rather explicit.  Makes one wonder what Brexit was really about.

fidobsa wrote:

IThere were plenty of local people who would have liked these jobs but the foreign workers could be paid less than the minimum wage.

The POTUS would agree with you.

That is, that part about preferring foreign labor, because it is cheaper, and thus better for business. ;)

He even managed to include some Polish workers into the works. :)

Oh the irony.

I see your irony and I double it.
Warren Buffet has been praised by every liberal toilet paper for saying that tax code is unfair in US and his secretary should not pay more income taxes than him...
Fast-forward to today Warren Buffet who is 40 times richer than Trump continues to use every loophole in the tax code to avoid taxes and his secretary still pays more income taxes than him. The difference is: sandal-wearing virtue signalers like yourself don't scream:' Warren Buffet is a hypocrite!', cause in your simple world Warren Buffet is a lovable Santa Claus of American capitalism.

klsallee wrote:
fidobsa wrote:

IThere were plenty of local people who would have liked these jobs but the foreign workers could be paid less than the minimum wage.

The POTUS would agree with you.

That is, that part about preferring foreign labor, because it is cheaper, and thus better for business. ;)

He even managed to include some Polish workers into the works. :)

Oh the irony.

I just glanced over Trump's application for vineyard workers - click here. Opportunity for shipping Hungarian seasonal vineyard workers to work in the USA by acting as a recruitment agent.  Trump money spends as good as anyone else's.