Availability of fireworks at New Years Eve (NYE)?

We've just been to get some fireworks for New Year's Eve and it seems no-one is selling them except Tesco. 

We usually buy them in Aldi or Lidl. Our local Lidl is listed as selling them in the Lidl flyer but they don't have any on site. 

And Tesco's selection is expensive and less diverse than before.  Much more limited.

So what is going on?  Why are suddenly fireworks not being sold for NYE?

Fireworks are small but powerful explosives capable of blowing your fingers off, a hand or even worse. Every year many children and adults are burned, scarred, blinded or killed. Homes are burned down. Yet in the military, even small quantities such as these are strictly stored and controlled. In contrast, some corner shops stock huge amounts on the counter, and unsafe in cardboard boxes. Customers smoking cigarettes are a huge fire risk.

Fireworks must be strictly controlled and used only by fully trained personnel. Maybe this is why you are unable to purchase them now.

Better to visit a professional public fireworks display. Good luck.

Fireworks are small but powerful explosives capable of blowing your fingers off, a hand or even worse. Every year many children and adults are burned, scarred, blinded or killed. Homes are burned down. Yet in the military, even small quantities such as these are strictly stored and controlled. In contrast, some corner shops stock huge amounts on the counter, and unsafe in cardboard boxes. Customers smoking cigarettes are a huge fire risk. Fireworks must be strictly controlled and used only by fully trained personnel. Maybe this is why you are unable to purchase them now.Better to visit a professional public fireworks display. Good luck.        -@skusekenneth

Thanks for that helpful advice.  It's incredible I've managed to survive 50+ years launching and using fireworks and not received any serious injury.  Maybe my time in the military saved me.

Anyway, we managed to get some other fireworks at Lidl in Budaörs but no rockets there. 

The local rumours are there are some political types complaining about the dogs and cats being frightened and may have been able to restrict sales. But not over the border in Budapest.  I cannot find anything in the news though.

I did see them in the adds for Aldi or Lidl.

I don't really enjoy firework shows.

Even those at Disneyland were not very exciting to me.

We can defo hear and see some of them go off from the show downtown from our flat.

Been to a few firewrks shows in Budapest but couldn't wait till they ended so we could leave.

As children I remember they sold those super rocket types ( in the 1960's) many people did get injured .

My father was in charge of those and we could only light up a little sparkler.

Mom said in her childhood people were too poor to buy fireworks so they just ran outside bagging pots and pans.WTH?

Yes, the stas show many pets run away when they are terrified of the noise.

I remember my huge, big ,strong Doberman trying to dig a hole in our carpet to escape the sound.

We kept him indoors and I usually had to force him to lay down while I covered him with a blanket and held him . He'd shake like crazy and his legs wouldn't stop moving.

Poor things that are left outside by themselves.

I for one can't wait until the 1st. when everyone is crashed out and quiet.

I did see them in the adds for Aldi or Lidl.
I don't really enjoy firework shows.
Even those at Disneyland were not very exciting to me.
We can defo hear and see some of them go off from the show downtown from our flat.
Been to a few fireworks shows in Budapest but couldn't wait till they ended so we could leave.
As children I remember they sold those super rocket types ( in the 1960's) many people did get injured .
My father was in charge of those and we could only light up a little sparkler.
Mom said in her childhood people were too poor to buy fireworks so they just ran outside bagging pots and pans.WTH?
Yes, the stats show many pets run away when they are terrified of the noise.
I remember my huge, big ,strong Doberman trying to dig a hole in our carpet to escape the sound.
We kept him indoors and I usually had to force him to lay down while I covered him with a blanket and held him . He'd shake like crazy and his legs wouldn't stop moving.
Poor things that are left outside by themselves.
I for one can't wait until the 1st. when everyone is crashed out and quiet.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Our dog isn't bothered at all.  It's a giant snooze-fest for her.  And the cat.  Cat was asleep when we went out to do the fireworks and she hadn't moved when we came back in. I can see they might be spooked by loud noises but there are plenty of natural noises that are loud anyway, like lightning or man made like cars or construction work.   But I can appreciate some animals don't like it.

Anyway, we got our rockets at Lidl and we'll blow them up on NYE as we usually do.  We're not doing as many as we usually do this year.  We've more or less settled into doing rockets.  The kids are getting too old to care.  The older one wants to go out downtown so one less at home to entertain.  So we'll do ours early and sit on our balcony and watch other people's hard earned money going up in smoke.   

Definitely not going up to Normafa to watch anything along the Duna.