Absolutely Anything Else

MOHCTEP wrote:

......sandal-wearing virtue signalers like yourself don't scream:' Warren Buffet is a hypocrite!', cause in your simple world Warren Buffet is a lovable Santa Claus of American capitalism.

Hmmmm....idea for a movie developing there.......

Warren Buffet - Santa
Bill Gates - Chief Elf
Zuckerberg - Elf Assistant
Hillary Clinton - Nasty Mrs Santa
Steve Bannon - Santa's Little Helper
Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer etc - North Pole interns
Kevin Spacey - Grinch
Several million illegal immigrants - minimum wage Elves at the North Pole toy factory "behind the wall"

Now where's my movie producer diary.....ah, Harvey Weinstein's available for this one.....

And btw, who in their right mind would wear sandals in a Budapest winter? ....unless it's with socks....

removed repeated posting....

MOHCTEP wrote:

sandal-wearing virtue signalers like yourself don't scream:' Warren Buffet is a hypocrite!', cause in your simple world Warren Buffet is a lovable Santa Claus of American capitalism.

Actually.... Most of those in the real "sandal-wearing" crowd (yes, they actual wear sandals) that I actually know pretty well personally (I lived in the Pacifif NW for many years where there were quite a few of these chaps around) do not like uber-capitalists, including Warren Buffet, much in general.

So, basically, try again.

P.S. Whatever one thinks of Warren Buffet, he is not the POTUS. The POTUS should, in theory, set a better example especially while POTUS. So what happed in 1990 (probably not very legal) might be forgiven. What happened last year (maybe legal, but of questionable integrity).... not so much.

P.S.S. Using tax loopholes, are legal. They are legal for Buffet and Trump to use as businessmen. That is Congress's problem and fault for passing lousy tax law. So I could not care less if each were able to reduce their tax bill to zero if they legally could, If all their taxes and loopholes used are legit. And if they are legit, why not release the tax forms? Hiding something? Especially after the now POTUS urged Romney in 2012 to release his, but then does not want to do the same. Makes we wonder who is the real hypocrite.

Foreign workers will work for less but only for so long.
We knew many Hungarians who had gone to college in Hungary but with their lack of English speaking skills and the fact that their schooling was not excepted in the US at that time, many were low paid low skilled workers.
Now many of them have homes all over the US and vacation villas in Mexico, condos in Honolulu and a few are ultra wealthy.
They applied their energy to a fixed goal and did it.
For example, my husband who had master skills in machining was able to land a job within 2 weeks of arriving in the US even without language skills.
He first worked for "slave wages" for a HUngarian owned co., Got comfy with his surrounding and moved on, later he owned his own machine shop and hired a American cowboy guy as his helper.
Just because someone starts out as the low man on the totem pole doesn't mean they are going to stay there.

fluffy2560 wrote:

wear sandals in a Budapest winter? ....unless it's with socks....

And for goodness sakes..... If you are going to do that, don't wear white socks.  :o

This is interesting:

Hungarian Police Have A Warrant Out For Former Trump Adviser Sebastian Gorka

I for one am not good at seeing people I care about in pain, strangers I find allot easier to help.
Guess that's one reason doctors don't usually work on family or friends.
It was just so horrid for that guy to ask my upset, hurt mom for money for helping lift up a 500lb. Harley off her unconscious and bleeding husband but she was a tough women, gave the guy a 5er and told him off.
My deceased sister was a amazing person, at least I think so.
When she was 14 she my other sister 16, their 16 year old friend from the UK and the girls dad all crammed into his tiny MG for a trip from Ca. to Las Vegas in 1964 to see the Beatles.
The girls were super reffed up.
On the old highway route 66 they saw a car had crashed. They stopped to see what was up, in those days of course there were no phones near by, had to get to the next rest area or petrol station to find a phone.
The father left the 3 girls with the injured people while he sped off to make the call.
My 14 year old sister held the passengers hand onto  her wrist for over 2 hours while help finally arrived. The poor women was so afraid but my young teen sister stayed with her , blood and all talking to the women and keeping her still and quiet.
The medics told my sister she had probably saved the women's hand.
They didn't miss the Beatles, thankfully.

I dislike misspelling so much, that would be reved up not reffed up.
I am almost ready to enroll back in school, think I may get it right the second time around.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I dislike misspelling so much, that would be reved up not reffed up.
I am almost ready to enroll back in school, think I may get it right the second time around.

"It is a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word" -- Andrew Jackson.

"I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong" -- Benjamin Franklin

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I dislike misspelling so much, that would be reved up not reffed up...

I actually misread that as reefed up. 

Perhaps not so inappropriate depending on what actually was going on.

BTW, too much snow today! Buggered my car repair plan.

Sadly 1964 was a tiny bit too early for nice little gals to get reefed up.
My deceased sister used to always talk about taking aspirin and drinking coca-cola...Would of worked in the 30's but not in the 60's, they removed to coke out of the cola!
Miss her a ton, she got me ,"reffed" up for my 15th BD.
Best BD ever, her gift and my mum broke down and picked up my request of the Stones LP , " Let it Bleed". That was a huge move on my mom's part to buy that, she was "offended " by the title...
Wonder how she would handle what's we hear and see these days...
Suppose to snow more on Tue. , melt then OK weather until Feb.
This weather has totally disappointed me because I was planning on having one last winter.
I do not think I'll ride out another grey, gloomy winter in HU. One way or the other I will not do winter again.
I'll "Follow the Sun".
True tale,my mom said her half native Mohawk aunt who she lived with growing up, had asthma , it was legal back in the 1930's to buy weed at the pharmacy. Cig's were sold with Grass inside and called ,"Asthma relievers" Her aunt was always having a attack! No wonder I probably would be clinical if it was legal here!!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Sadly 1964 was a tiny bit too early for nice little gals to get reefed up.
My deceased sister used to always talk about taking aspirin and drinking coca-cola...Would of worked in the 30's but not in the 60's, they removed to coke out of the cola!...
True tale,my mom said her half native Mohawk aunt who she lived with growing up, had asthma , it was legal back in the 1930's to buy weed at the pharmacy. Cig's were sold with Grass inside and called ,"Asthma relievers" Her aunt was always having a attack! No wonder I probably would be clinical if it was legal here!!

I knew coke had cocaine in it many moons ago but didn't know about the joints at the pharmacy. Kind of cool and now back full circle in California - legal hash.

Some years ago I was introduced to a movie called Reefer Madness

Makes me wonder what they were smoking when they made the film.  Obviously it's just totally ludicrous.  Seems to me they were having a pretty good time with all that stoned debauchery.

Don't touch the stuff myself - I dabbled once or twice in college and once again a bit later but didn't like it and never did it again.  Despite my few puffs I obviously managed to stave off the madness that is reefer madness.   Quite happy reveling in self-generating eccentricity than fruitcake-iness with chemical intervention. But if it floats someone's boat medicinally then more power to them.   Each to their own, live and let live etc.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Don't touch the stuff myself

We all have our addictions.

And for some, our naiveté.

My personal addiction is caffeine.

My first ever trip to Amsterdam. Craving a coffee. Saw a sign over an establishment and walked into the "Coffee House". I think I was their first ever "disappointed" customer who had to look elsewhere for my "fix".

Not really my thing either, unless I am going to a great rock concert I am not interested in losing my mind.
I would however look into edibles for a long haul air flight if I could.
Have to be half out of my mind to sit there on a plane for hours on end.
Took some oxy once on a long haul, never, ever again!! Spend ages in the WC being sick. Even sat in my seat with a airbag , they had run out of proper paper airbags so the  flight crew gave me a heavy duty large trash bag! What a beautiful site I must of been... Was so ill I couldn't care less however.
At my age too, what a goof ball I was.
It's now legal in Ca with local ID and not so sure about NV without first getting a script from Dr. Reefer. They have huge billboards all around town with his name and price for office visit, $100. gets you a ticket to zombie land.
Billboards for weed right next to the billboards for a Brazilian Butt lift.
Gosh, sometimes I do miss Vegas...

Mushy peas....continued....

There's other rubbish from up North, like beef fat on bread. 

They do goose fat here and Mrs Fluffy is quite keen on that. 

I am not sure I could take Icelandic rotten fish.

Any interesting development in Human Rights (LGBT and refugees) with Hungary as the source of the judgement:

The ECJ case relates to a Nigerian man who submitted an asylum application in Hungary in April 2015. He feared persecution in Nigeria for being gay.

Looking forward to seeing how this ends up being interpreted locally and EU wide.

My husband is buying 10 liters or so of distilled water today from a shop he found online.
He was reading a article on the tap water here in Budapest and although I think it tastes alright, much better then tap water in Las Vegas, it has higher then average levels of arsenic in it.
A few other nasty things as well.
We also go to the spa to get mineral water from the taps and put it all in glass bottles. Sort of a pain literally to carry liters of water in glass bottles, heavy and breakable.
Was reading the labels on all that we could see and read in the shops on water sold in the shops in plastic. It is rare to find it sold in glass, actually I don't think I've seen it here sold that way at all.
Was going to buy a counter top distilling machine online but will first test out the water from the distilling shop.
Arsenic, I will try to read up on the exact amounts in the tap water but for now, not so keen on using it for anything other then washing.
It's so sad that we can't even trust our water anywhere these days.
Had a portable water filter here but long term thinking of looking into a system for the flat to clean all the water start from the taps.
We distilled water ourselves a few days ago , used tap water to experiment with, took hours to make up just 2 glasses of distilled water at home without a machine.
Wonder if anyone knows of a good source for  water other then what we have found?

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My husband is buying 10 liters or so of distilled water today from a shop he found online.
He was reading a article on the tap water here in Budapest and although I think it tastes alright, much better then tap water in Las Vegas, it has higher then average levels of arsenic in it.
A few other nasty things as well.

Wonder if anyone knows of a good source for  water other then what we have found?

I'd have thought the toxins in the plastic bottles would be equally bad and the arsenic must be very low - I'd have thought the aquifers around the hills here have been filtering the water for 100s if not 1000s of years.  Must be pretty clean, even with tiny bit of arsenic.

Here in my part of Hungary, we have very hard water which tastes just fine. However it's totally messing up my taps, showers and pipes with stains. 

At our relative's house they have a water softener.  The water tastes absolutely horrible but that's after it's been softened.  They have a separate pipe for the drinking water with just a filter.  Everything else in the house uses softened water. 

We've just got a new fridge which has a chilled water connection - that's got a filter as well but we've not installed it yet. I don't think it uses water softener though.

You can simply buy a water filter and run your tap water through that before drinking or using in cooking. They can remove arsenic, et al.

They come either as pitchers you pour the water from the faucet into, or under sink units which process all the water coming from the faucet.

"Mineral water" from spas or ground sources most likely also has heavy metals in it (or bacteria in some cases). Might be the least best option for drinking water for many reasons (despite many people rabidly claiming, without much empirical evidence, how much more "healthy it is").

For what it is worth, arsenic is a common mineral. It is even in the air (more so in urban areas than rural ones) but those exposures are really tiny. Just saying you can not fully escape it, but you can mitigate for it.

What may be a better issue to consider, is the amount of lead (from old pipes) or radium in Budapest water. or elsewhere. Which is a very serious health risk. And don't assume bottled water will be free from same.

Water in Budapest is not arsenic at all (or wasnt, in 2011).

http://www.terport.hu/tematikus-terkepe … zagon-2011

However, there are problems with iron and manganese near the city:
http://vizmegoldas.hu/vizszures/terkep/

Also, water in/near Budapest is hard (or whatever the english expression is), which means it has a lot of calcium:
http://www.maviz.org/fogyasztoi_informa … arorszagon

The water in Budapest is good but maybe it depends a little on which area. My building was tested and there were no problems. However I may buy a jug with a filter because of the high calcium content.
In the countryside the well water is high in iron and manganese and  we drink bottled water but I would like to fit a proper filter at some stage because the plastic bottles mount up.

Have one of those pitches with a filter, just need to buy a new filter soon.
The spa water is heavy but one glass a day is what i do.
Husband bought two different 5 liter bottles today at the water shop.
One is just double filtered distilled water and one is distilled water for coffee and soups.
Taste great but on the pricey side if one drank it all the time. Cost was around 1,500 for 2 -5 liter bottles in plastic but approved bottles.
I am not a chemist but hearing arsenic made me feel ill.
They sell several different types of water. Some guy came in and bought 10 bottles of a alkaline water. He brought his car, next visit we will drive over and pick up more at one time.
The water from the tap really doesn't taste bad to me although it is allot heavier then what we get where I had lived in the US.
Can tell when I wash my hair, can use a stronger soap solution here then I do in Vegas. In Vegas my hair is bouncy here in HU it goes flat fast.
The water in Hawaii was great, very soft, my hair was like a babies over there.

Marilyn Tassy....
Can tell when I wash my hair, can use a stronger soap solution here then I do in Vegas. In Vegas my hair is bouncy here in HU it goes flat fast.
The water in Hawaii was great, very soft, my hair was like a babies over there.[/quote wrote:

I noticed that sort of thing here myself.

Regular use of Dry Shampoo (spray on type) works wonders to fluff it up a bit.

anns wrote:

The water in Budapest is good but maybe it depends a little on which area. My building was tested and there were no problems. However I may buy a jug with a filter because of the high calcium content.
In the countryside the well water is high in iron and manganese and  we drink bottled water but I would like to fit a proper filter at some stage because the plastic bottles mount up.

Why not do what I do to get drinking water? My tap water in Hungary is fine but in Croatia it is a borehole supply which supplies most of the village. Mains water is available but so far I have only got the borehole supply as it is much cheaper, 25 Euros a year for unlimited usage. I bought several of the 7 litre bottles of water in Lidl and each time I go to Hungary I take the empty ones and refill them with Hungarian tap water. The borehole water is high in iron and includes lumpy bits, like tea leaves. I do have a filter where it enters the building but when I run a bath it is still orange. It also stains the toilet bowl and I've not yet found a satisfactory way to clean that.

Rawlee wrote:

Also, water in/near Budapest is hard (or whatever the english expression is), which means it has a lot of calcium:
http://www.maviz.org/fogyasztoi_informa … arorszagon

Makes sense there's a lot of minerals in it.  Most of the hills around here are limestone and the aquifers are all under there.  It's not all that bad, the calcium and magnesium should be good for you.

You can see the limestone all around the place in the buildings, in the hills on the trails and when they dig big holes for construction. It's like a sponge - that's why so many older places built in locally excavated stone have so much damp. Just sucks it up.

I don't know how long it takes to percolate through but I'd have thought minimums of 10s to 100s of years.  So you could be drinking water from before the era of industrial pollution.  Should be very clean.

fidobsa wrote:

....The borehole water is high in iron and includes lumpy bits, like tea leaves. I do have a filter where it enters the building but when I run a bath it is still orange. It also stains the toilet bowl and I've not yet found a satisfactory way to clean that.

Have you tried vinegar? 

You can get like 20% concentrated white vinegar in Aldi etc.  It's got a salad picture on the green bottle.  It's cheap.  We use it to clean our kettle and taps etc. It's a fantastic cleaner.  I wouldn't put it on my salad though.  When we boil it up in out kettle for cleaning purposes I have to have the windows open. Makes my eyes water.

Yes, I do use that vinegar for removing limescale but it does not work on the orange staining. I'm on a septic tank setup so I'm not keen on using anything too harsh like caustic soda.

fidobsa wrote:

Yes, I do use that vinegar for removing limescale but it does not work on the orange staining. I'm on a septic tank setup so I'm not keen on using anything too harsh like caustic soda.

Sure.  Rust is a hard one for natural removers. 

Maybe it won't work very well for your problem but as a matter of interest, I use electrolysis for cleaning rust on old car parts.  One can just pour the electrolyte directly on the garden as it's just washing soda. 

If it was a metal bath - cast iron, perhaps you can get a good electrical connection on it to make the other electrode.  Not sure about the enameling.

Porcelain no chance I suppose.

fluffy2560 wrote:

the calcium and magnesium should be good for you.

So it is said:

http://www.mgwater.com/exhibitb.shtml

It's hell on water heaters however.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I don't know how long it takes to percolate through but I'd have thought minimums of 10s to 100s of years.  So you could be drinking water from before the era of industrial pollution.  Should be very clean.

Rate of contamination has a lot of factors, beyond just the type soil present. For example, how high the water table is, and the type of pollution source.

For example, a company may have dumped industrial waste directly into old wells or bury it as an easy ways of disposal (buried sources includes septic tank systems in rural areas), thus potentially, directly and quickly contaminating the local aquifer.

Also, all chemicals are not created equal, some being more mobile in soils than others and high mobility can result in more easily reaching ground water sources. This is common for pesticides, as one example.

Personally, I would not drink well water without first having it personally tested by an independent, competent lab.

klsallee wrote:

Personally, I would not drink well water without first having it personally tested by an independent, competent lab.

Not just you, I wouldn't either.  I think you're "not allowed" to drink it if it's not been tested - needs a certificate.  Obviously rather hard to enforce on people out in the countryside.

As I may have mentioned before, we're thinking of having a well for watering the garden.  Apparently the drillers of boreholes can just look at the ground around here and tell you if you have opportunity or not.  I would have thought we've got a good chance as we're at the foot of some large hills.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I think you're "not allowed" to drink it if it's not been tested - needs a certificate.  Obviously rather hard to enforce on people out in the countryside.

Well..... Regulations and reality:

A rather popular public ground water source near where I live has often been found to have elevated bacteria levels. Warning signs were put up by the government. Someone tore them down. More signs were put up. Someone torn them down. The government gave up. I see a lot people who arrived in rather expensive cars often waiting to fill up a bottle there. It is sort of the "in thing" to do. They have no idea what they are drinking.

fluffy2560 wrote:

As I may have mentioned before, we're thinking of having a well for watering the garden.  Apparently the drillers of boreholes can just look at the ground around here and tell you if you have opportunity or not.  I would have thought we've got a good chance as we're at the foot of some large hills.

Dig deep enough and most places will hit water. Eventually. If it is enough to pump, or too deep to make it cost effective is another matter. Reminds me of when Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse (skip to time 22:25 to 25:33 for the drilling the well scenes).

My wife's parents spent about 400,000 HUF digging a well, then gave it up the moment water pipe came in their road as the well was was going dry and piped water was cheaper than to run the pump.

klsallee wrote:

.....Reminds me of when Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse (skip to time 22:25 to 25:33 for the drilling the well scenes)..

Hmmm....James "Two Wells" Blandings.

Reminds me of Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson.

I am getting totally confused about water.
My son is saying that drinking spa mineral water straight from the earth is the best.
On the internet they swear distilled water is the only way to go. Too many minerals is not good and too little is bad as well.
I am getting so confused I may just drink wine instead of water!

The water we purchased from the water shop is very refreshing and has a very nice flavor.

A few years ago ( not sure why this idea came to me) I decided to give up drinking wine and all alcohol here in Hungary ( the only real reason I can handle life here is by drinking)  and only drank water from the tap house of the Rudas for 10 ( long) days.
I swear I felt alive and fantastic. Had allot of energy, I am usually very hyper and this was making me bounce off the walls like I was 10 years old again.

I do think if I ever really wanted to be in contact with my true nature and open up the pineal gland again, I would do a 2 weeks mineral water treatment from the Rudas and or a combo with pure distilled water.
Much of what we drink is horrible for that gland and we limit our true potential by disrupting our balance with junk food and bad water. With the chems everywhere we turn from the water, food and air we hardly have a chance to know what good health is in the natural state.

Maybe it's the old Hippie in me but most of us are killing ourselves with what we put
inside of us, sadly the powers that be are not helping us make the right decisions on our health.
We do a daily fix of freshly ground flax seed with fruit every morning and a warm water with lemon drink before eating.
My sister swears by a daily dose of moringa, going to pick some up next week and give it the old college try.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I am getting totally confused about water.

Understandable. Because there is no one simple answer. It usually comes down to "maybe" or "well.... it depends".

Such as:

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My son is saying that drinking spa mineral water straight from the earth is the best.

Well.... it depends. Calistoga water, sure, and they even bottle it. Hévíz spa water, absolutely not (it has a high Radium content).

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

On the internet they swear distilled water is the only way to go. Too many minerals is not good and too little is bad as well.

Distilled water is fine short term, or okay long term provided you take appropriate supplements to make sure you get necessary minerals that normal water would otherwise provide, because not getting these minerals from either normal water or other sources can lead to health problems.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I am getting so confused I may just drink wine instead of water!

Attagirl ! ;)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

A few years ago ( not sure why this idea came to me) I decided to give up drinking wine and all alcohol here in Hungary ( the only real reason I can handle life here is by drinking)  and only drank water from the tap house of the Rudas for 10 ( long) days.
I swear I felt alive and fantastic. Had allot of energy, I am usually very hyper and this was making me bounce off the walls like I was 10 years old again.

Sounds then like a plan to maybe consider repeating. But have a place to go to bounce off the walls. Like rent a month house near the Balaton (or on a small Caribbean island -- heck, why not....) in the summer and swim off the energy every day. :)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Maybe it's the old Hippie in me but most of us are killing ourselves with what we put
inside of us, sadly the powers that be are not helping us make the right decisions on our health.

That has been pretty well documented. Not a hippie thing. Big Sugar, et al., indeed has a lobby.

Back to the subject of Magnesium and calcium, I have been taking supplements for this for the last few years. This is because I was suffering from cramp and one of my volunteers suggested I try it. It does seem to work on the cramp as I do start getting attacks more often if I run out of the tablets.  These supplements are quite expensive but for a while they were selling a 100 pack in Lidl which worked out much cheaper than Muller and other shops. Last time I looked I could not find them though and ended up buying 2 tubes of the soluble tablets, calcium + D3 and magnesium 200mg respectively. These tubes only contain 20 tablets, so again they work out more expensive per dose.
They do work for the cramp but have other less fortunate side effects, especially the magnesium. In Croatia there are TV ads for a bottled water containing magnesium, called Donat. In one ad. they arrest a man for stealing a giant gemstone, possibly a ruby. They X  ray him and find he has swallowed the gemstone. The final seconds of the advert show him sitting in a police interview room and a policeman dumps a bottle of the Donat water and a toilet roll on the table.

It's hard sometimes to know what supplements to take everyday.
Too bad most of the foods we eat are not complete because of GMO's etc.
Yes, when magnesium is low those nasty foot cramps come in the night.
My son tends to overdo it with everything. He has more bottles of expensive mineral, vitamins and herbs then a health food store. Takes liquid silver, drops of minerals in spring water day and night.
Starts everyday out with a green drink, he made them for us when we visited him, hard to swallow for sure...
I am afraid he will ruin his health by trying to keep it .

As a voting HU citizen my husband received a memo on a local district vote coming up this next month.
The 7th district has a problem with the "party animals" who do those bar crawls late into the night, making a ton of noise in the process.
Lucky for us, our area in the 7th is not designed for night clubs, more homes and not too many areas for business.
Hospital , church and school on the street.
We read many older residents of the 7th are really upset with the night life going on their streets. People can't sleep well and have to get up for work or school in the mornings.
Some retired people also are light sleepers.
I amused if my husband votes he would side with the home owners but
he is now swinging towards the night crawlers.
I told him that just because they have no loud clubs near us does not mean they won't in the future .
He is saying if the residents don't like it they should change their windows or move.
He says people are only young once and should have some fun.
I agree on one hand but on the other,no way, not great to have screamers outside your window at all hours.
Just cant figure him out at all.
We had house parties when I was young and I mean young under age.
I actually stopped drinking by the time I turned 21, done and ready to just be a mom and housewife.
party days behind me, used to party hard, LSD parties and Boones' Farm strawberry wine, a keg of beer at my friends house was a Friday night tradition for over a year.
I suppose her neighbors had good reason to dislike her, told her parents often but lucky for us her mom sided with us kids.
Her parents loved to go camping every Friday afternoon until late on Sunday.
As long as we helped her clean the house before her parents came home, all was great.
Her parents sometimes would ask why their trash cans were full of bottles and cans but otherwise we were good to go every weekend.
All the parties however came to a halt when one of my buddies bother's friends from college got sick all over their moms new couch.

I personally think these parties should be held somewhere outside of a neighborhood.
Maybe they should open up a few venues in the city park area, have everyone in one place where the noise wouldn't bother the locals so much.
I do not think the city planners in 1900 ever imagined tons of young foreigners coming over to make a rucas on the city streets of Budapest when they planned out the city.
Will be interesting to see how the vote goes, I suspect that the locals will win and the clubs will have to close at midnight.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

He is saying if the residents don't like it they should change their windows or move.
He says people are only young once and should have some fun.

Sounds very ego-centric, and a blaming the victims mentality (an especially grievous opinion often common among those that have never actually been a victim of the issue involved).

I wonder what his opinion would be if a drunk bar crawler unzipped and peed on his shoe. After all, they are just having fun. ;)

Why can not the clubs be the ones to install sound proof insulation, and the crawlers show some respect for others between clubs? The first is easier and far more cost effective than people "moving", and the later is very simple (and just damn plain respectful for others -- something societies and the people there-in lack far to much it seems these days).

Otherwise, we are indeed only young once. And the youth should have fun. But we are also only old once. ;)  And to that, despite my creeping age I still want to have fun (imagine that?). In fact, I was actually a four figure (Euro, not Forint) supporter of a music festival recently. But the organizers had the decency to put it a bit out of ear shot of people wanting to sleep. :)

fidobsa wrote:

In Croatia there are TV ads for a bottled water containing magnesium, called Donat. In one ad. they arrest a man for stealing a giant gemstone, possibly a ruby. They X  ray him and find he has swallowed the gemstone. The final seconds of the advert show him sitting in a police interview room and a policeman dumps a bottle of the Donat water and a toilet roll on the table.

:blink:

What? Did I read that right? They advertise their water as a laxative? Sorry. But I find that just bizarre. Not judging, mind you.

But..... maybe a country that needs to eat more fiber......

I totally agree, the club owners should  give free sound prove windows to all the residents within hear shot of these "ruin bars".
My husband is a Libra, tomorrow he will change is mind once again...
Laxative water, well on one site with info on distilled water they said be ready to run if you get the runs!!
No fun aging, the city really isn't for the older people.
In my day( here I go) my mom would yank us by the ear or hair clear out of the way of anyone over aged 40. These days people are running into me, jumping out from doorways without looking first, putting their nose into the cell phone until we have to dance out of each others path.
The only thing that made being young and respecting my elders was knowing some day it would be my turn... wrong again!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My husband is a Libra, tomorrow he will change is mind once again...

"A man without a creed is a man without honor." - klsallee

Side note: I was at a meal last night with three Hungarian Hussars -- they even came equestrian and left their horses outside. Men with a creed. (If you agree with it or not).

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

"ruin bars".

Promoted by party web sites and tourist operators from external foreign businesses taking money from foreign tourists to rain havoc on local Hungarians.

Tell your husband to show some patriotism. After all, nationalism and nativism is now the "in" thing. He needs to get with the times.:D (Whatever works to get you a good night's sleep. ;) )