Flat/House Share

Hey guys,

planning on moving to Kenya for 6 months starting end of September.
Would much prefer sharing a place with some nice people.

Ideal location, due to the place ill be working at, would be Riverside.

If anyone has some tips feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Yannick

Hello, please bear in mind that Riverside is one of the more expensive areas.  You can advertise for a house share on this site.  Alternatively, try sites such as OLX.

If you are in Kenya, you can also check notice boards/post a message at places such as Sarit Centre (Westands).

Are you familiar with the visa regulations for a stay of 6 months?  You cannot obtain a 6 month visa from outside Kenya - the maximum you will be given on your entry permit (endorsed in your passport on arrival) is 90 days.  You can extend your visa by a further 90 days, by making an application at Immigration (Nyayo House, Nairobi).  After a period of 6 months, you will need to leave Kenya (and the East African Community).

The issue may well be your flight ticket.  The conditions of entry to Kenya are that you should have an onward, or return flight within 90 days of your arrival date.  Although Kenyan Immigration rarely ask for proof of this, the airlines do........on checking in and it could mean being denied boarding until you have purchased a return ticket within the 3 months.  So, you would be advised to purchase a ticket with a return date within 90 days, but which you can change once you extend your stay - there is often a fee for doing this.

Please also note that ANY type of work, paid or unpaid is illegal with a single entry visa.

Thank you for your information.
Still looking for flatmates to move in with for the end of september (around the 25th).
Any suggestions are very appreciated!

Hi Yannick,

l  have an en-suite room available at 45,000kes PM in newly built apartments. Its a 2 bedroom spacious flat - Lavington/kileleshwa area. Rent includes ( internet, water, gas, house /laundry cleaning) and there is a Gym in the compound. Also backup generator/ boreholes.

Let me know if you will be interested.
Lilian.

@Lianz

You should advertise your room in the housing section at the top of this page. This is a free service and you ad will get better exposure there.

Have found a place - thanks everyone for the help!

Hi I live in Nairobi and can help you get a residential place for the period you'll be around. Feel free to contact me *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you
yapo18 wrote:

Have found a place - thanks everyone for the help!

Thank you.