Indian Family ( wife & 15 yr old son ) joining Oman on family visa

Hi ,

I need information / guidance from  Indian  on Indian Passport marked with  " ECR required " .

I am joining a company in  Oman on Employment  visa  as  "Manager "  with  family status .

Recently  I have renewed  my  son's  Indian  Passport   and  Passport  dept  has issued  my son's  Passport  with  " ECR  required " .

Since  my son  has not passed  10+  exam  till now , Indian Passport  dept has issued Passport  with  " ECR required "  comment  as per  rule of  Indian Govt.

Will the Immigration dept.  at  Indian Airport  stop  the journey of my son who will  travel  to  Oman  from India with  family visa  after  few months  ? 

Pl  inform  me  if you have  proper  knowledge / experience  on this  subject

Regards ,

R. Das

If your passport is issued with "ECR" required, then your son's passport also will be issued with "ECR" required. If your passport is issued with "ECRN", then passport department will issue to your son accordingly. You can approach passport department for corrections.

My  Passport  is issued with " ECNR "  .

Since  my son ( age 15 yrs )  has not passed  10+  exam  till now , Indian Passport  dept has issued Passport  with  " ECR required "  comment  as per  rule of  Indian Govt.

Will the Immigration dept.  at  Indian Airport  stop  the journey of my son who will  travel  to  Oman  from India with  family visa  after  few months  ?

Yes. There is a possibility to stop at the airport. You have to apply immediately to the passport office to get it "ECNR".

Thanks for your reply .

Do you have experience of  converting Indian Passport  from  ECR  to ECNR  for  child ( age 15 to 18 years )  ?