New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi! I am planning to move to Darwin to study or to do my trainee research visa. What are the chances of getting PR in Northern Territory.

Thanks for your help everyone! I am really having hard time choosing the right state for me.

Irrespective of which state you choose, PR is done through the Federal Govt Department of Immigration, not the State Govts.

We are planning to move to Australia. I need some advice on same.
I was considering Adelaide or Brisbane, I heard it is cheaper than Sydney.
Can anybody share few things about these two cities like a standard of living, public transport, childcare, housing etc?

@ericatu

Welcome to the forum.

Please take the time to read through the posts on the forum for information.

Whilst waiting for other members to answer, try this site www.numbeo.com  You can compare the living costs, check crime rate etc.

Thank You so much stumpy for your prompt reply.

PROJECT TO EXPERIMENT THE WAY OF LIFE IN AUSTRALIA

HELLO EVERY ONE IN AUSTRALIA

I am 58 years old, retired from Para-Medical Service in every Specialities of Medecine and Surgery + Ayurvedic Medicine since 1985.
I am in good health exept some arthrosis problem because of the weather of France with 7/8 months cold and wet.
So, I am searching a quiet and safe place in country side or by the sea for maximum rent 400€/month of rent.
I would like first to try 6 month travel to experiment the Australian Way of Life.

You can join me anytime by Email or on my Face Book

Kind regards

MME Béatrice ZABETH
PARIS

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free advertising - please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thks

I am interested. Please send me your forms on my Email Box : ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello there!

I'm a Filipino who is currently in Melbourne for the week.  I have always wanted to transfer and work here, and now that I've had a taste of Melbourne, the more I want to make this happen.  I will try and learn more on how to transfer here. but for now, I would be happy to meet any new friends until I leave.

Hope to see you around!

Hi I'm originally from NYC I'm a NY Rican living in Florida now. Had Australia in my mind for many years now. I'd like to visit Australia, are they any ricans living in Australia??

HEllo!!!

I'm new on this thing of going abroad, so I have a plenty of doubts. I'd like to know how are the chances for going to the foreign for practicing sports.

Thank you!

I want to work in Australia, can you tell me the way how to apply for the position??

@Franze

You first need a visa to work in Australia. There are many posts that have the information about visas, jobs etc.  Read through them and try this site www.immi.gov.au

I'm PEPE BILIVOGUI of Guinean nationality, age 35 years, I'm out of The International University College (UNIC) having a Diploma of Master in Economic Sciences and Management, a Monrovia resident moment there are Republic Liberia given the living conditions of my native country, political and employment terms I exiled Liberia to research a life of better and the conditions are the same after 5 years always looking to find a use to meet the vital needs.
Reasons why I decided to leave for the Africa to Australia to find a better life.
  thanks for your understanding.
your sincerely
PEPE BILIVOGUI

Hiya!
I am in Sydney on an assignment. One month has passed already.... Would love be active in the community.

Hi everyone,
I am Manuella from Paris, France.
My husband and I are taking a leap of faith on December: Australia here we come!
He is Java developer & I am social media manager. We want to built our careers worldwide and more importantly, we want to discover the world, starting with Australia.
I joined this community to connect with people, share experiences & advice and grow as a human being.
I hope to meet some of you in flesh in the year to come :)
A très bientôt !

Hello all,
I'm Ella Rollins. I'm a newbie here.. It's one of my greatest wish to come to Australia.. Hope my dream will be fulfilled next year..  :)

Hi Ella, I you planning your trip for 2017 yet ? I mean preparing visas and everything ?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=601630

Thanks!

Closed