Hello Everyone

Kinda new to all this, so just finding my way, looking for help and advice about both employment and living In Bucharest :D

Welcome to the forum ScouseKnight :)

While waiting for other members to bring their inputs, you can also have a look at the various discussions in the Bucharest & Romania forums.

Wish you best of luck :)

Regards

Hi ScouseKnight
Can you be more precise of waht you are looking for (e.g. house for rent, to buy, locations as quite or shopping area, jobs in which field, are you retired or not etc) so we can come up with advices and informations.

Hi scouseknight, good to see a fellow Englishman onboard too :)

I live in Bucharest with my wife to be, sector 5, i am not working yet myself, we are getting married in May of this year, i am currently trying to learn Romanian, which is a slow process so far for me ;( but once i have enough of it mastered i will be looking for work myself, i have had a good look at what kind of things are availiable, but i know i pretty much need to have a much better knowledge of the language than i currently have, do you speak Romanian ScouseKnight? i have applied for a couple of gardening jobs but my language has been the problem, one told me too re apply once i have more than just 'da' and 'nou' in my vocabulary.

As for places to rent or buy, i am not the man to ask, i am living with my partner in our house, although i have only been here for 2 months now. Life here is good, and the job market seems to be plentifull, but it depends on what kind of job you want i suppose. The wages dont seem to be very special, not by English standards anyway, 1500 Ron seems to be an average which is about 300 quid a month, i earned that a week in England, however the standard of living is much cheaper here, unless you own a car, to own a car you pay western prices on fuel and more to buy a car here in Romania. I cheated and bought a car from Bulgaria, the prices there are about the same as in England.

Anyway, good luck with a search mate, and if you get chance maybe you could tell us a bit more about yourself and what you want to do here in Bucharest.