Been away for a bit, anything new in Hungary what's the scoop?

Heading "home" to Hungary soon and wondering if things are alright there as far a any fears of unusual activity by way of threats?
My family in the US really does not want me to return to Hungary for fear of what negative things the media is spreading about terror in Europe.( Guess they love me after all, sucks...)
Does anyone actually feel any threats at this time in Hungary?
I think perhaps this is all a issue of control by world gov. to keep people living in fear but then again I also have a few concerns.
Has there been a large step up of military police on the streets, high security fears or anything out of the ordinary?
Of course I received a travel warning from the US Embassy for all Americans living or traveling throughout all of Europe.

Shucks ,guess my spelling was off once again on that one!!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My family in the US really does not want me to return to Hungary for fear of what negative things the media is spreading about terror in Europe.

Do they also want you to avoid travel to California because of the terrorist attack in San Bernardino last December?  :/

Seriously, the entire point of terrorism is to make people act out of fear rather than think with their brain. So lets look at a few statistics.

For example, I did a little checking on-line:

There were 125 murders in the Las Vegas-Paradise Metro Area in 2015. There were 33 murders in Budapest in 2015. Both cities are about the same population size. So you are statistically 4 times more likely to get murdered in Las Vegas than in Budapest.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Does anyone actually feel any threats at this time in Hungary?

Not me.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Has there been a large step up of military police on the streets, high security fears or anything out of the ordinary?

Was in town yesterday. Saw two police were the only walking patrolling I saw all day (and I walked past them more than once). One with an automatic weapon thrown across his back. Since he was not holding the weapon in his hands, or even had it in front at his chest for easy and quick access in case there was a problem, I guess they did not really think there was much of any real threat. Indeed, I saw more Italian police carrying similar automatic weapons, but carrying them in front, 15 years ago in Rome.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Of course I received a travel warning from the US Embassy for all Americans living or traveling throughout all of Europe.

Just telling you to be aware of where you go and to keep your wits about you. But that is also smart to do even in the USA:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opini … .html?_r=0

Thanks, just was wondering about Hungary.
The US is always on some sort of alert, my son notices drones flying near his house often, not sure if those are hobby drones or something more sinister.
I actually  feel allot more free in many ways in Hungary, guess not understanding much about what is going on around me helps.
I am not afraid of much other then conditions or rules that make me feel boxed in or overly controlled. Just my rebel soul gets going when I am told I can't do something or other.
Yes, Vegas has allot of crimes and break-in's but in general most people know not to go to certain places, such as all streets that are named after letters, F st. E st. those are in rough areas.
My son was robbed about 12 years back at a gas station, he learned to never buy gas at night and to always be in the light.
Stuff happens everywhere, had a gun pulled on me at age 26 in Tarzana on my way home from dropping my boy off at school.No harm done, just some idiot trying to scare little housewives.
If it's coming your way then all you can do is run, duck or fight back.
Remember when we took the train back in 1978 from Vienna into Budapest. We were the only passengers for most of that trip, me 23, son 2 1/2 years old and my 30 year old husband, there were at least 2 armed guards in every car with machine guns, that was probably one of the strangest experiences I have had in HU to date. They went through every piece of our luggage twice, my husbands mostly took down the factory ID numbers of some items to make sure they would not be sold on the black market, I mean total over kill with security, what is going on now is nothing.
Ok everyone stay safe!