Environmental protection in Australia

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Australia?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Australia.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

i,m resident of N RYDE  NSW ,
and thank you to those who are concerning about  the quality of clean , healthy life
the sad story is ,  many area the Government ,s  body  are failing to do the right job
like keeping the greeny  area  clean and tidy,   
placing  big enough , rubbish bins   which the advanced  polite  ,may say educated
responsible  people they place their waist while they are at bus stops, or walking
putting there , and not trashing the floor ,streets.
this is council jobs,   and never bother,  unless  people making a lot of noises
complaint to them .
send people please to see  many junks,  foods  containers,  big long grasses  are at the
bus stop at corner of ford st lane cove rd,  N RYDE ,  OPPOSITE GOLF CLUB  .
this is only small exam,   and many love to bring a  green , freshes to the life , free
pollutants  .
peace&light
   katrina

I think we could all do more to contribute everywhere, i'm introducing my two little ones to things they can do daily to do our bit!

I'm not too familiar with Australia's environmental policies as we're moving there later this year but i've read quite a bit around it and there are worse places.

My dear, I live Jordan, I'm not in Australia

@jawartany

Do you have some information regarding the topic ' environmental protection in Australia??
If so please post it here.

seriously I visited many countries and out of it I like australia....they do care about everything  humanity,environmental protection , animal rescues and so on ...
but one thing that I really want our government to need to take an immediate action is....the homeless people around the city shouting, pee publicly , taking drugs and looks dirty oh my go not in Australia, please!!!!!
I went to India than I found lots of them on the street as , ok understood India's economy. But what's wrong with Australia's economy??

And one more thing I saw few times that drivers knock off the kangaroos....please open your eyes when drive. Don't kill these creatures and just imagine if anybody's baby crossed.  I love kangaroo that's why I'm here....

Having driven many thousands of miles in Australia it is very difficult to avoid kangaroos on the road especially at dusk.

Unfortunately, I have no information