Moving back to Australia after 8 years in London

Hi all,

i am moving back to Australia (Adelaide) after living in London for 8 years. I am starting to have doubts though and am beginning to wonder if i can go back to aussie living after life in London. all my family is in OZ which is one of the main reasons for going back. the expense of buying a flat in London was another reason. I think i am making the right decision but stiil have nagging doubts. If anyone has any ideas or experiences of moving back to oz please let me know?

Thanks
Phillip

Adelaide, a great place and a pub on every corner, well almost. Obviously much quieter than London, I guess it comes down to age and have you seen enough of the bright lights. Compared to London, Adelaide house prices are dirt cheap, but then its relative to your salary and cost of living.
Football or AFL, tough call.

cheers Eric
http://www.pomgonewalkabout.com

Hey Phillip -
I am in the same situation.  After 6 years OS, most of that time in the UK and the past year in France, and due to a recent relationship breakup, I have decided to head back to Adelaide.  I am very nervous about the move and wonder if Adelaide is right for me now.  All my family are there, but I dont know if I will fit back into Adelaide life after all this time away.  Its a very strange thought to be scared of returning home isnt it?? But, I figure the best option is to give it ago - its nearly Summer there and that makes things easier!  I have planned to spend 3 months back home, and depending on what happens...I will make a decision there after. Hope all goes well.
- Louise

Hey there,

thanks for the replies. wasn't sure if i would get any. i think i am making the right decision, the pros (closer to family, better standard of living, ability to buy a flat etc) outweigh the cons ...i just hope that the pros will be enough to keep me there..i guess there is only 1 way to find out...
Louise, if you fancy meeting up fro a drink in Adelaide let me know and we comiserate about missing Europe....you can email me at [email protected]

all the best
phillip