Want to live in Norway

Hi . I want to live in Norway for a better future for me and my daughter. I'm a single father of a 5 year old girl

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : title modified for more visibility

Hi Moonsorge,

Please note that your topic has been moved to the Norway anglophone forum.

It would be great if you can introduce yourself , so that other members can get to know more about you.
Why have you chosen Norway as your destination and how can we possibly help you? ;)

Thanks,

Priscilla

Living in Norway might not be better future for your daughters.  There are lots youngsters in Norway growing up thinking the government should provide for them.  They work very little and living on welfare benefits.

As for better future for you, it depends the skills you have.  Companies are retrenching staff or downsizing for the last year and are expecting to continue to do so.  Statoil just announced that they want to continue to reduce 21000 jobs.  that is a lot after so much retrenchment they did last year.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2016/03/09/ … ce-offers/

If Oil price does not increase back to its usual glory, there will not be much oil fund left in Norway.  Norway is rich mainly because of its oil and they "talk louder" internationally because of their oil fund.  Once their oil fund is depleted, I doubt they will continue with their generous welfare system.

hi my friend, where are you from?