Your experience of work with Jeddah Knowledge School?

Hey,

I have been offered a post at Jeddah Knowledge School.

I have read so many negative things here regarding this school that I am not in the mood to go there anymore.

Could anyone please tell me about his/her experience there?

It's a school for rich spoiled Saudi/expat kids or paid my employers

Yes, lots of good and bad points about this place. All depends just like any other concern you may have. Some I know have stayed, some have alas moved on.

Good luck.

what are offers like at JKS?

The offer seems okay. About 3200 US dollars per month plus accommodation and a flight per year.

My concern is the environment at the school... Why do people only have bad things to say about the school?

Hello - I was a student at JKS and I left after being at the school for a little less than ten years. What I will tell you is that there is a HUGE difference between the girls' and the boys' section; the main difference being that most of the girls want to learn and the boys almost all do not. You will find a lot of behavioural issues with the boys at this school and the school administration will not help you in this aspect as the parents practically run the school with their loads of cash. Coming from the girls' section, it was MUCH better there; with most students actually listening and in my case, those students whom had behavioural issues were moved to another class or faced disciplinary action. The advantages of this school overall are its great curriculum (which you will also find in the American International, Jeddah Prep, or British Intercontinental), the overall environment is clean, very active in terms of sports, and embrace most qualities and attributes of the IB.

What type of interveiw questions do they ask for JKS?

JKS: 20 years of failure & faking education

Don't know where to start...
They have lost, made run or fired some of the most skilled, strongest, Middle east experienced & most efficient teachers in the world.

First, JKS weak highest management employees will always be on the the kids side for money & business purposes, always blaming teachers rather than supporting them.

Roughly, a jail where you have to check in & out every day with fingerprints and are being watched in every classroom & corridor, not to talk about the kids' very disrespectful behavior, being accepted by the two current heads of school (boys & girls side) who will never support you.

Accepting a job there would be the biggest mistake in your lifetime.
Management would allow itself firing teachers just because few very agitated students have complained before their parents that teacher is too severe, too strict (as he has not let them play in the classroom). Teachers will then be fired in few days in any unpredictable situation, without even any extra baggage allowance or any mercy.

I wish I had been warned before!
Don't end up fleeing during holidays like 30 others each year in the girls side as well as around 50 more in the boys side.

Much more details to come, if needed.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63010

PS: Do check and trust Abeer, hamudi & honestteacher comments which are the most accurate but also others'

Anyone applied for a job at JKS? Would be nice to get some information on the new interview process. I have done my initial interview and waiting for a response?.

Would also be nice if someone could give information on how the school is structured as the information on here is a bit old.

Thanks!
Hello Abdul12222,

This discussion seems to be outdated.

To have up-to-date responses, you could try posting a new discussion in the forum.

Cheers

Djameel
Expat.com Team

@Abdul12222 hello can you tell how long did it take for giving job offer..actually I had an interview at jks two weeks bk and they said will call for a demo..yet no response..