Special schools in Jeddah and Riyadh

Hi

We are currently talking to an employer about moving from the UK to Saudi - however our 8 year old is autistic (not verbal and some complex needs) that will require a special school.

Does anyone know of any English speaking provision that is available in either city?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Hello Rick.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

The American School in Jeddah has a special needs department - and I think that both Jeddah Prep and the Continental School also make provisions for students with special needs. As to whether they would be able to provide adequately for your child I don't know. It would be best if you contacted them directly to discuss what they can / are prepared to provide.

my daughter is three years old a downs baby plz suggest a good school in jeddah

Hi Umm Maryam,

This thread is old. I suggest you participate on more recent threads of the Schools & studies in Jeddah section of the forum or create your own topic.

All the best
Bhavna

I am not sure they take down children but you can contact Hope school for exceptional needs

thanks for replying.i have already seen hope but i am looking for a school that admits special children in jeddah.

Maybe the big 3 expat schools listed above, BUT they are fully inclusive AND the parents are required to pay for an all day aid for the student (hired by school not parent and no negotiation on pay of said aid) on top of traditional tuition and fees. The schools here do not really have a system to work with a special needs student.

Hope KSA does admit children with Downs, along with several other exceptional needs. I would certainly suggest giving them a second chance, as they are one of the few fully accredited institutions in Jeddah who are equipped to work with children of said needs.

Hope Center for Exceptional Needs, KSA

AmericanHijabi wrote:

Hope KSA does admit children with Downs, along with several other exceptional needs. I would certainly suggest giving them a second chance, as they are one of the few fully accredited institutions in Jeddah who are equipped to work with children of said needs.

Hope Center for Exceptional Needs, KSA

Their fees is horribly high for an average earning individual

http://www.helpcenter.med.sa/ in Jeddah

The Help Center in Jeddah has services, I am living in Jeddah and I am a dance psychotherapist, in case you need extra support!

MeghanJeddah wrote:

The Help Center in Jeddah has services, I am living in Jeddah and I am a dance psychotherapist, in case you need extra support!

Out of curiosity what is dance psychotherapist?

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
Grumpy_rick wrote:

Hi

We are currently talking to an employer about moving from the UK to Saudi - however our 8 year old is autistic (not verbal and some complex needs) that will require a special school.

Does anyone know of any English speaking provision that is available in either city?

Thanks in advance

Rick

Hi,
I noticed Special Needs center yesterday behind New Jeddah Clinic building at Madina Road. Check them out.

I noticed today there is also a school Mohamadia and Naim districts near Derum Salon called The Autistic Academy, I'm not sure exactly what they cater to, but it could also be worth checking them out.

-AH

Dance therapy is a kind of psychotherapy that also uses movement - like art therapy but using music and the body to express. Very accessible for non-verbal clients.

Are you still in Jeddah?  If yes, then please let me know. Thanks

Hope center for special needs

Al Nahdah District، An Nahdah District 7681, Jeddah 23615

Hello Nikitha,

Welcome to expat.com!

You can recommend this school in the Jeddah business directory> Private schools in Jeddah.

It can be helpful for other members looking for Special schools in Jeddah1f609.svg

Also, feel free to introduce yourself in the discussion  New members of the Saudi Arabia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022. We will be glad to know more about you1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team