Orange 'Internet Everywhere' dongle

Does anyone have one of these?  If so, would you mind posting up the make and model of the dongle please - I am looking to get one but may want to use it with Linux and there are drivers/software for only some of them.

Thanks

J.

are ya referring to the USB drive with the SIM that is used for internet?

A friend of mine has one and is not using it, will ask him bout it!

Cheers,
Musheer

Thanx musheer for the refrence.
I have a orange everywhere which i got 7-8 mnths back..shuld be the latest one i belive..i rarely used it as i got broadband internet shortly after that.
It has its sim card in it too.

Yes I am referring to that, I am aiming to buy one for the school I work at so we can have internet access there.  But I need the specific make and model of the dongle so I can check Linux availability (I know it is not officially supported).  Would you mind having a look on the back and post up what you see please?

If it is a pre-pay dongle/SIM then I may well be interested in purchasing it if you want to sell it - send me a private message if you are interested.  It won't be until January though as I am off back to the UK in a couple of days.

J.

Hi,

I have an EMTEL that works fine, a friend of mine had Orange and he had many problems to get enough signal to make it work indoors, and it was very slow.
Better you can wait for more comments.

Ok, would you mind telling me the make and model of the EMTEL one that you have so I can check that please?  I am not committed to Orange and will buy whichever works best - although checking connectivity and data speed is going to be hard without buying one I guess.

J.

as wireless connection you need to test the networking range first

Hello racagent -> Just to note that this thread is dated 2010 and is quite old. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie