Best cities to live in Bolivia

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Bolivia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Bolivia.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

I have resided in several places in Bolivia including La Paz, Sucre, Cochabamba, Tiquipaya and Santa Cruz.

Sucre is a lovely place, full of its colonial Spanish history worth visiting alas not my favorite

La Paz, Full of hustle and bustle, A very diverse city, I felt as though I was insecure in this place.

Tiquipaya. A lovely little town, very friendly people, it was like stepping back in time. I would return to this town, I was very happy here. Not a tourist location. You will see true Bolivian culture here.

Santa Cruz. A very modern city, with friendly people. With a few exceptions very little trace of the Spanish ever being here, as it is only in recent times that Santa Cruz has grown to be a big commercial city. I lived here for two years and have great memories, lovely warm weather all year round. I hope to return permanently to reside upon my retirement in 18 months.

My favorite place is Cochabamba. Yes another large city. I felt as though I had found paradise in this city. The weather is perfect. Few mosquitoes much warmer than La Paz  with more oxygen and better than Santa Cruz as its cooler. Long live Bolivia. I am counting the days to return, alas it is still 18 months away. Forbearance comes into being, I feel I am under duress waiting

We're. you able to return to Cochabamba?
Would like to hear from you

Sally.   ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security