Lots of Changes Coming…and they are Good

Having a brother in law in the DPR affords me the opportunity to often get a glimpse into the thinking of this legislative body.  It also affords me the chance to get my finger on the pulse of what sort of legislative acts we can likely expect in the future.

What I hear, and what I sense is positive for both Indonesians and foreign expats.

And, what I hear (in a nut shell) is that increased foreign investment in Indonesia is top on the list of priorities.  While that alone is no surprise, what should be of note is that this foreign investment is equally desired from modest investors.   

With a currently weak IDR to the US dollar and GBP, those who invest using such currency are right now in a very opportune position.

“Windows of opportunity” have come and gone here for as long I have been living here. 

Another such window is open right now…and for the astute investor, “opportunity knocks.”  The only question is, who will answer the knock?

One hopes, a lot of quality investment that will bring work and wealth to Indonesia and her people.

One can only hope...

Before this trainwreck heads into a deeper pit upon no return, pushed by the worsening global economy.

On best estimates by experts though, any policy implemented now will have an impact more than a year later.
The market reaction is still rather lukewarm non committal.

As some European countries' economies die in a festering heap of wasted bailout money, one prays for Indonesia, and preys for Eurozone investors who are sick of a million restrictive laws and massive taxation.
If Mr Duck should win his presidential bid, a lot of Arabic investment could very well move away from that large nation and end up in Asia, Indonesia being in a prime position to bid for it.

Perhaps Joko should be sending envoys to Saudi and other middle east nations, hunting out investors who could well move their cash away from the states in the near future.

enduringword wrote:

One can only hope...

Before this trainwreck heads into a deeper pit upon no return, pushed by the worsening global economy.

On best estimates by experts though, any policy implemented now will have an impact more than a year later.
The market reaction is still rather lukewarm non committal.

I have been hearing  the views of many economists who suggest the world is on the brink of  a major recession with no easy way out , QE etc , unfortunately this will have a negative effect here , further draining reserves , with  downward pressure on the rupiah.