I was rejected for Uk PASSPORT

I was rejected for Uk Passport becasue i was born outside of the uk ,Mother did not register me at the time of my birth , even though my grandparents 4 grandparents  both sides born inthe united Kingdom,all my great and great great and so forth were born in the united Kingdom ,, My Mother was born in England in 1908 , I have all their Birth certifcates from England the only member of my family that was not born in England was my Father but he is of Irish parentage ,and i was born in Australia ....On the British Immigration  advice site it stated i have right of abode but i recieved  a letter with my passport refusal to say becasue my Mother did not register me as a brittish baby , i am not eligble for a right of abode . but they keep the application fee.
Australia is part of the BRITISH COMMONWEALT H ,   what is wrong with British law law  that they deny someone of British parentage of centuries both in Ireland and ,England I have never been in trouble with the law . am of excellent charactor .i can't see there is a problem , their immi ,site co ntradicts what  the answer was in denial ,when i applied, extremely dissapointed , I wanted to go home to England to live out my life on behalf of my Mothers wishes ...she passed away at aged 42 and never returned ,i wanted to do that for her .... ..... does anyone have an answer to this conundrum ...?

UK citizenship by birth can only be extended to the immediate sons and daughters, born and registered, of UK citizens abroad.

Doesn't help you I know, sorry, but at least you know that you're on a losing wicket with this and you can maybe consider other means.

Thank you for your reply, yes already been told that , there must be another way i can seek out my family over there other than from here in Australia , nasty legislation over there , yet they welcome all nationalities it seems to me ,except there own that paid there taxes down through the centuries and helped build England to the great country it is today , and those fromother countries get the cream of living there. what happened to taking care of one's own especially when Austrlaians lost millions our men  helping England  fight two world wars and welcome thousands of English immigrants after the war inthe 60,s , the British politicians have very short memories ....wonderful PEOPLE , WONDERFUL COUNTRY ENGLAND BUT ..BAD LEGISLATION......lANI .

Did you apply for a UK Ancestry visa?  Having read it, it seems a bit harsh to have denied you as you seem to qualify.

You may wish to write to the MP for the area where your Grandparents last lived in the UK to try and get his/her support.  My experience is that Government Departments tend to take a more balanced view of something if an MP is breathing down there neck.

By the way; I live in Yorkshire, maybe the reason you got refused is because there is some doubt to your sanity to want to move the other way. :)  (just in case - joke!)

hahahahah cycnic , yorkshire is on the list of my prorities, have friends in Yorkshire, first thing i want to do is tread the Yorkshire hills and Dales ...the North of England ...

Have friends also  south of England and Nottingham ,   being an author i have many poet friends in the U.K.

I do thank you for your valuable advice  .byeeee...... :/  Lani .....

You might have to go the visa way. Seeing as your grandparents were from the UK you can get a ancestral visa, that let's you live and work in the UK,  but cannot get public funding ie social.  You hold this visa for 5 years then go for you indefinite  leave to remain,  you have this for 1 year then you are eligible for a British citizen and passport.  It's a long process but it will get you to where you want to be in the long run.
Good luck

Write to the MP via writer other.com

If you can possibly afford one, get a lawyer. There is almost surely a way through this mess, but you'll need an expert to help you through it.

What do you mean when you say "Mother did not register me at the time of my birth" ?

Do you mean, your mum did not register you for a birth certificate? or did not register you as British on your certificate?

If you're not registered as a dual national, this would need to be cleared up by visiting your nearest British embassy/consulate, because as far as I know, the rule of being born to a British mother is that you continue the citizenship no matter where you live, so you are automatically counted as a British-Australian....  however, I'm not sure about the official registration part, so you'll definitely need to chat with your local British embassy in person.

Once you've cleared up the above, the rest should be a lot easier

The problem is that the UK has mass numbers wanting to have access to the country from ALL the EU member states..... The UK Government have no choice under EU law to let ALL the people of every EU Nation to have free and unhindered access for either residency and work to come to the UK.  This applies to ALL citizens of 28 EU countries..... they can ALL come to the UK.

Anyone living outside the EU will find it extremely difficult to emigrate to the UK as the UK Government is under pressure from the public in the UK to control immigration as ALL of our social and health services are being cut to help fund this mass immigration from the EU countries.

This in actual fact means that the vast majority of citizens from. other countries (outside the EU)  and even Commonwealth countries cannot and will NOT be allowed into the UK.

Although I dont know the answer to your individual case I suggest that you make an appointment for a  FACE to FACE for an interview at your nearest UK Consul/Embassy to ask them to accept an appeal on your behalf for the reasons you have stated.

Do not just appeal on the telephone.... personal contact is best!

Good Luck...... Tartanjimmy

Hello,
Your post looks like what I would start writing. My mom was a war bride and moved to the US after the war. I was born and raised in New York City. I'm on Ancestry.com and have traced my mom's family back to the 1760's. My 4 great grandfather 's! Amazing!! My mom retired to Florida and passed away two years ago at 91 years. She , too, wished I would have a relationship with my family in UK. I met them many years ago and I love the country. Brighton Hove will be my destination.
I was going to apply for Ancestry Visa but I qualify for everything but being a member of the Commonwealth.
I hope I don't have a problem!!!! I will be soooo disappointed!!! I feel your pain but can offer only the best of luck.
Regards,
Jane Gorenstein

USA 
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Back up a bit......

It isn't even clear to me what you applied for.  You wrote, 'Passport' but if that is indeed what you applied for, then you applied for the wrong thing.  To get a passport, you must FIRST be a citizen.

To become a citizen as the daughter/son of a UK born mother, requires an application to register as a British citizen.  If differs for those born before and after Jan. 1, 1983.  If I assume (judging by your Mother's birth date you give) that you were born before 1983, then here are the requirements:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … r_2015.pdf

First you need to know that you can meet the second requirement.  Read the notes on that on page 6. 

Then you must meet the third requirement which says, "you have right of abode which you acquired because:"

Note this line on page 6, "A lot of applications fail because the person meets the second of the these requirements but not the third."

So I would say that you should not be applying for either the Right of Abode or a Passport.  You should be applying to register for citizenship.

Where you may be failing to meet the requirements would be in regards to the third requirement covered in that guide, although I would have thought you had the right of abode based on 3 (i).

Really it is pretty straightforward but if you cannot figure out what actually applies to you, then you need to consult a UK immigration lawyer.

And again, I question what it was that you actually applied for.