New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi,

Thank you for keeping up this forum for new people in the area like me.

I will be working on a couple of small construction projects in Tunisia for most of 2016.

I am thinking about renting an apartment somewhere between Tunis and Ras Jadir.  Something low profile but view of the med if possible.

Also interested in meeting new people and getting to know the area.

thanks
Kirk

Hello Kirk,

Welcome on board  :)

If you need info, feel free to create a new thread on the Tunisia forum while asking some precise questions.

As for rent, you will have some adverts in the Flats for rent in Tunisia section of the website.

All the best

Bhavna

HI,

I'll be moving to Tunis for a teaching job in July.  I am from the USA.  Looking forward to the move!

Kirk_Anthony wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for keeping up this forum for new people in the area like me.

I will be working on a couple of small construction projects in Tunisia for most of 2016.

I am thinking about renting an apartment somewhere between Tunis and Ras Jadir.  Something low profile but view of the med if possible.

Also interested in meeting new people and getting to know the area.

thanks
Kirk

I have just seen this post - Kirk do you have any idea how far it is from Tunis to Ras Jadir????  It is a huge distance.

hi this is Tamer Ahmad Egyptian who is totally new to Tunis
I started working here this week and will continue till the end of the year
It will be my pleasure to have new friends here

Hai guys! Im nsma. Im only 19 and i will move out to tunisia -to unvi- i will move without my family so, im gonna be totally alone and i know actually nothing about how is living in tunisia really like!! I wanna know from you guys some information and stuff about the life in tunisia, pls.

Back to Tun. after 20 years living in Canada and France. I would be happy to help in/discuss any aspect related to moving/living in Tun. I speak English, French and Arabic.

Welcome back.  Would be interested to know how you are adapting back to the Tune way of life

Not easy, but manageable for now. I just started teaching at the University. I am a microbiologist and the issue is that microbiologists need labs. Labs do exist but nothing much to perform state-of-the-art experiments. Machines/equipments are not up to date and it takes ages to get consumables/kits from Europe.. Another issue is research funding, but this is a problem everywhere...

Hello there

I'm new in here, I'm from indonesia I have plans for visiting tunisia this year. and I hope I can find job there.

Hey everyone!

I'm an American women married to a Tunisia mam living in Sfax.
I've been here about 10 months and have had many ups and many downs.
I teach English at a private school here.
I'm hoping to find some new friends here and maybe a chance to conect with other expats.

Thanks,
Rio

Hi, I will be in Tunis from the beginning of October for about 6 weeks. If you have some tips what to see and to do please let me hear.

Thanks
gesino

Hi Everyone! My name is Patricia and I am an American who will be living in Tunis part time starting September 1st. The rest of the time I am based in Washington, DC, working for an organization that has programs mostly in West Africa.

Looking forward to meeting other expats and also any advice on living in Tunis. My partner (who is Tunisian) and I have an apartment in Tunis but are currently looking for furniture (like a few beds) and other household items so any advice on that would be most appreciated. Many thanks for reading and hope to connect with others soon!

I will be visiting University of Sfax for 6-9 months....from Italy and going for a teaching assignment. Would love to meet new prope and friends...

Hi Just joined today and wanted to stop by to say hello x

Hello, I'm here in Sousse, have been for a while....

Hi, my name is Melissa and I have been in Tunis for a few months now. I am originally from Australia and will be here for a while with my husband. Living in La Marsa at the moment.

hi all
im hatem 30 years old  :cool:
im from tunisia (bizerte) 
im happy  :)  to join this forum and i find it usefull
i like meet new friends  :par:  and im here if anyone need any informations  :/  about tunisia  :D

Nice to meet you, Rio! My daughter is your student and I'm so happy with it!

good morning, my name is Peter, i.want to ask, if there is any university in tunis where I can study, please an english speaking course .not an expensive school

Hi everyone!

My husband and I just arrived in Tunis (yesterday to be exact!) and are looking forward to spending the next 6 months here.

We're looking for a place around La Marsa area and would love to catch up with anyone that has similar interests - we love sports, running, anything outdoors and are also self proclaimed foodies. We travel often and are happy to try anything new.

Thanks for this sounding board! It's a great idea for people like us. Hope to meet some of you at some stage.

Martina
:)

Have fun
Enjoy

...Hope ur having the best of times.

Olivier

How do u like it so far?
Olivier

@Ozitoun > This thread is on the introduction of members. So, can you please introduce yourself? If you want to contact a particular user on this thread, please use your private message system.

Thank you.

Hi everyone. I am from the Philippines, married to a Tunisian guy and planning to move to Hammam Sousse may or june 2017.
I am learning a bit of Tunisian Arabic but am not making a remarkable progress so far.
I am a nurse by profession, hoping to find a job when I get there, although I wont keep my hopes high after reading the previous threads. I think any decent job that would require english speakers would be fine by me.
Here to meet new friends who can maybe show me around and teach me the language once I get there. I've been there once, the place is very laid back and I think I will get bored especially since my husband is gonna be there only for a few months, and then I'll be off on my own.

Thanks for having me :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640258

Thanks!

Closed