New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sweden forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sweden if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

hey..i'm Vedrana from Croatia and i'm planning to move to Sweden. I would like to find any job that requires only english until I get the swedish language course. I appreciate any help here and thank you!

hi i m adam i m from algeria and i m planning to move to a nordic country but idont know where to start can you give me any tips

Hi Adam,

A good starting place would be to actually figure out why you really want to move to a Nordic country, would you be able to get it over there and would you be able to survive.

So I think 'Why' would be a really good starting point.

Z

adamfubu wrote:

hi i m adam i m from algeria and i m planning to move to a nordic country but idont know where to start can you give me any tips

thanks for replying man i wanna move to any nordic country  because  nordic countries have small populations so it wont be as hard to live in these countries as living in other countries in europe
i m studiying pertoleum & chemistry and i wanna move out as soon as i finish studying in college
thank you

No problem man,

Well, keep in mind that having less population also means having less opportunities for work especially. There are other users on this thread that are also talking about facing the same issues.

I would advise that you weigh your pros and cons carefully.
Also, I would suggest that you look for a solid work opportunity.
The best way to live in a community is to be independent. You are only as good to another community as the productive contribution you make towards it.

I hope it makes sense.

Z

adamfubu wrote:

thanks for replying man i wanna move to any nordic country  because  nordic countries have small populations so it wont be as hard to live in these countries as living in other countries in europe
i m studiying pertoleum & chemistry and i wanna move out as soon as i finish studying in college
thank you

it makes sense thanks for helping man i would like to chat if you want that will be more  helpful
thank you  :)

No problem man!
I am always here on the forum. If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to post or send a message.

Goodluck
Z

adamfubu wrote:

it makes sense thanks for helping man i would like to chat if you want that will be more  helpful
thank you  :)

thank you very much

Hi,

I am Lauren, I am new to expat.com. I have lived in Sweden for about 4 years. I really enjoy it. I joined to post an ad.However, I thought it would be great to connect with other expats. I love Sweden, and the people, they are very down to earth and genuine. I have had a really great experience here. Apart from finding work lol. I work for an American company right now. If you have questions about learning the language, employment circumstances, or what it is like to live here I might be able to help. Oh, by the way, I can't teach the language. I am not promoting anything, just saying I might be able to help with some questions.

I have a questions about the forum. There is someone looking to take care of the elderly. I know a great site to do that, and I am not affiliated with that site. However, can I tell her the site or is that promoting? I am just trying to figure out how to help people with the resources they are asking about without getting flagged for promotion..

I have another questions. Where is the proper place to advertise a room for rent?

Hi Iwinchek,

For both your queries, we have two different sections.

First, if someone is offering services, such as helping the elderly, you can enlist them in our JOBS or DIRECTORY section.

You can find the JOBS section on the top menu bar. And the DIRECTORY section can be found when you click HANDY TOOLS, again, in the top menu bar.

Hope this is helpful, and thank you for your productive contribution.

Good luck
Z

lwinchek wrote:

I have a questions about the forum. There is someone looking to take care of the elderly. I know a great site to do that, and I am not affiliated with that site. However, can I tell her the site or is that promoting? I am just trying to figure out how to help people with the resources they are asking about without getting flagged for promotion..

Hi Iwinchek,

Again, for advertising/searching for a room to rent, you can click on the HOUSING section on teh top menu bar.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. and thank you again for your productive contributions.

Thank you
Z

lwinchek wrote:

I have another questions. Where is the proper place to advertise a room for rent?

No problem!
Good luck

adamfubu wrote:

thank you very much

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Completely off-topic.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hej im elee from  cavite Philippines i live here in kallinge sweden.. Hello kababayan...

Hii Im Gita from Indonesia and I on vacation in sweden. Want more to know culture of Swedish

Filipina here who'll be staying in Sweden for three months. I hope someone can show me around :)

hej- when are you coming to sweden?  holla me! :)

Hej allihop :D
My name is Fera.. i am planning to move to sweden asap, but it's confusing me about applying a residence permit. It takes 14-16 months to get a decision.

Hi my friend,
Yes - unfortunately it is very very hard waiting for permit to stay longer in Sweden at the moment. Only option is tourist visa

Hi

I am Riaz Haider from Karachi Pakistan, trying to come to sweden for cloth business, i am working here cloth business for cloth, want to continue in Sweden, just want ways to entry my product on small level.

Thanks

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.

Hey people!

My name is Miguel, I am 24 years old and I am an artist/musician from Portugal. I am a very easy to get along with person and very respectful. I'm also pretty quiet, normally I just keep things to myself and stay in my own world you know. I'm looking forward to live in Sweden, living independently and make it my home in the future.

Please contact me, **

Best regards

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey people!

I need to find a room very soon, perhaps in Gothenburg. Can you guys please send me a link to where I can find rooms or houses for rent?

Thanks for your attention

Best regards

AlphaDraconis91 wrote:

Hey people!

I need to find a room very soon, perhaps in Gothenburg. Can you guys please send me a link to where I can find rooms or houses for rent?

Thanks for your attention

Best regards

Hello AlphaDraconis91 :cheers:

You may want to drop an advert in the more appropriate section of the site Housing in Sweden

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello kenjee :)

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards

Hey, fellow expats,

My name is Chuck. I come from China and has been in Gothenburg for about three years. Prior to that, I was in the US for a period of time for my education. And now I'm in Chalmers for some academic project. I'm a mixture of introvert and extrovert. So I spend time alone working on my favorite little things ( languages being one of them), and I enjoy associating with people as well, especially the ones like us, who have diverse backgrounds and great experiences. I'm here mainly to meet people and share experiences, but I'd love to join for discussions on any other aspects of expats lives.

Thanks.

Chuck

Hi I am new to the forum!!

I have joined because I am currently looking to move to Sweden to be with my Girlfriend. However I don't know where to start as to looking for a job and making sure I am ready to move!

It is a big move for me as I am leaving a good job behind here but ready to move and willing to work on a lesser paid job in Sweden just to get me started. If anyone has any hints or tips on where to contact to network for work for English speakers please let me know, as I would like to have a job secured before moving over. I am visiting regularly at the moment so I can meet up and chat with people about the move. I will mostly be in Gothenburg.

Looking for good advice and people to talk with, I am learning Swedish but can't talk it fluently yet.

Thank you
Andy

Hey!

You might be able to help me, I speak English, but I am learning Swedish. Looking to move over at the end of the year really, but finding it hard to secure a job before I move and feel like I will need to be able to speak Swedish before I take the move to live in Sweden.
How did you go around looking for work?

Thanks
Andy

hey everyone,im rose from the philippines,i came here last year of october,and im excited to go school soon and have some work..as of now im learning swedish at home,i borrowed some books in the library to know about more the languange,so when i go to school its more easy for me..i practiced the alphabet ,and memorize a new 5 words everyday,sometimes i watch cartoon channel cause its more clear compare to other channel..

@ Andy > To whom are you talking to please? I invite you to create a new thread and to ask your questions, so as to avoid being off topic here. ;)

Thanks,

Priscilla

I  all.

I am new to the forum. I am from South Africa, but currently living in Stockholm. I have a little one who is two. I am hoping to meet a few moms out there who would be keen to make a friend. Maybe have a coffee some time.

My interests are arts, I used to sing professionally, but I also enjoy a nice walk in the park or  a  coffee/wine and a chat.

looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi, i will be in Stockholm, Norrmalm 14th to 16th July. Would you like to meet for a coffee?

Hello!

How did you move to Sweden  (especially if you didn't speak Svenska when you did)?

I'm looking for advice on job hunting for Sweden.

thanks!

Hi! Good for you! I would like to go to Sweden myself.

I would like to ask for tips on how to move to Sweden, especially since I do not speak Svenska yet. Any jobs that only require English?

Thanks. :)

Ruth Norris wrote:

I  all.

I am new to the forum. I am from South Africa, but currently living in Stockholm. I have a little one who is two. I am hoping to meet a few moms out there who would be keen to make a friend. Maybe have a coffee some time.

My interests are arts, I used to sing professionally, but I also enjoy a nice walk in the park or  a  coffee/wine and a chat.

looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hello!

How did you move to Sweden  (especially if you didn't speak Svenska when you did)?

I'm looking for advice on job hunting for Sweden.

thanks!

My name is Christer and i'm born in Stockholm and lived in other countries outside Sweden and last 12 years in USA, I'm back here in Stockholm and working with LED Lights and also travel to Manila Philippines very often. If you want to contact me i will be very happy.

Welcome on board!

Hej everyone here :-) I'm new to this forum.. Just moved to Sweden @ Ostersund.. Nicky from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.. Enjoy Nature, Music, Art & Design, Metaphysic Books & Crystals.. Would love to meet up with like minded people & fellow Malaysians on board ;-)
Have an awesome week ahead!!!

Hello everyone,
I am Kamlesh from India and I am a physiotherapist. I am really looking for job of my profession in Sweden but I know only English and I also have experience of one and half year in my field. So please kindly help me to get job in Stockholm, Sweden who is only based on English. And if also there is any other option then please let me know.
Thanks

Closed