New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Russia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Russia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello,

I am new to this website, though I've been visiting it for sometime to read what others have been posting. I am quickly approaching my expatriation to Russia, which I have planned for mid-September of this year.

I will be moving to Yekaterinburg and I have a job secured with housing and a comfortable salary for that region. I am not expatriating to Russia to get rich, but because I have become disillusioned with the United States.

This will not be my first time in Russia, so I am not coming in blind. I have lived and worked in Russia before, from 2008 - 2011 on both student and work visas and I today speak Russian at an intermediate level. Truth is I expect to pick it up rather quickly, because my Russian was much better five years ago when I was living there but I have not spoken much Russian since then.

So I am looking forward to getting away from the United States and resettling somewhere where I can restart an entire new life. Looking forward to being a part of the Expat community in Russia.

Dear Moscow Community,

I'm excited to learn, grow and connect with you.

Finally after several hurdles, I'm finally moving to Moscow on the first week of August.

Having said that, I would sincerely appreciate any help or support that you can extend in my career adventure. My idea is to work for something that makes me wake up every morning with burning passion and exhilaration.

I'm actively looking for work opportunities preferably as teacher assistant. Nevertheless, I'm very open with other roles too.

I believe my background as office manager and executive assistant at Ericsson AB Libya as well as event facilitator at IWIL International Women in Libya makes me a worthwhile candidate.
I just recently took a year off and fulfilled my lifelong dream to travel extensively across Asia, Europe and Africa. Thus, I can truly say was an ultimate adventure of a lifetime. Experience life and the world in a different perspective.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,
Geraldine

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello all,

My name is Din, just came to live in Moscow, I work in financial sector, so I hope I will fit in in Moscow community well.

All the best to all the members,
Din Herdzelas

Greetings fellow travelers - I am a semi retired man from western Canada and am hoping to contact people from the west who have emigrated to, and are now living in Russia. I will preface my comments by saying that I am not a wealthy person. I have limited ability to gain employment even in Canada, so it could be that I am whistling in the wind. I am a conservative Christian. If anyone can help me with information on difficulties that you have encountered, and what your advice would be to a person in their 60's, in reasonable health, who may attempt a move like this (from Canada to Russia), please feel free. I am musing here, is this is the wrong spot for candor? Also, thank you in advance to the moderators and people who put forward the effort to make this site available.
ps - If Edward Snowden can do it, maybe there is hope for someone like me..

Hello, My name is elie,
I holde a mechanical engineering Degree, I graduated in 2014, and I have been working in lebanon and tashkent, now I'm back to lebanon and I'm working in the mechanical building design industry.
I'm searching a job as a mechanical engineer in russia, so if anyone can help me to find a suitable job i will be grateful .
Thanks.:)

Hey everybody, my name's Tom and it's a pleasure to meet you! Currently working in Canada as a IT/Marketing-Media Manager looking for work in Russia in the same field, but specifically Videography.

If anyone would know of any places or agencies that can help me acquire a job abroad that would be spectacular!

Looking for job

who are in Novosibirsk now and ready for me and help each other to find work?

yasser_orcl wrote:

who are in Novosibirsk now and ready for me and help each other to find work?

This topic is for introductions only please.  You can search jobs and post your CV in the JOBS section.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

hi, dear all

this is gustavo from China, we wanna have an warehouse in SP, requirment as more than 3000SQM, land flat, water ,electric and warm, good transportation,   not far to the sea port. 

anyone who have the source , pls inform me.  many thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640249

Thanks!

Closed